Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. (760 Views)

How To Avoid Your Article Being Rejected On Opera News Hub (top Three Reasons Fo / Top 5 Causes Of Business Failure And How To Avoid Them / Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. by EcomPlus: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Facebook ads being rejected is one of the most common complaints & questions I receive in my inbox daily.

That is why I have decided to shed more light on some of the common reasons causing your Facebook ads to be rejected.

Avoiding some of the mistakes below in your ads will 99% of the time get your Facebook ads approved fast & reduce the “pending review” period.

So when setting up your next ad campaign, make sure to avoid making any of the mistakes below in your ad copy.

1. Ad copy is too direct

Calling out people directly or referring to a specific individual or group in your Facebook ad copy will get your ad rejected.

For example:

“Are you a busy single mom struggling with your house chores?”

Facebook detest Ads that speak too directly to people or remind them of their pains. Facebook addresses this in their Personal Attributes policy.

Using too many “You” and “Your” in your ad copy will in most times alert the Facebook algorithm to flag your ad and disapprove it.

Note: Facebook wants your ads to resemble a post you would normally see or share on a friend’s timeline.

This way it will be easy for Facebook to blend your ad into the newsfeed of their users without disrupting their enjoyable experience on the platform.

How to fix this:

Use a personal story or experience when writing your ad copy, using the first pronoun “I” instead of “you”.

Use generic terms: for example, instead of saying busy moms, single moms, busy wives, working class ladies, just simply say “Women”.

For instance, the example above could be rewritten this way:

“New product now helps busy women all over the world to do house chores better and faster”.

Use fewer “you” and “your” in the ad copy.
From my own personal experience, totally eliminating “You” and “Your” from your ad copy will help increase your ad approval rate.

2. Grammar/Spelling Errors

Facebook require your ad copy to be clear, well-formatted, and free from grammatical, capitalization, and punctuation errors.

Facebook do this to ensure a pleasant viewing experience for their users that will eventually be shown your ad.

So avoid capitalizing too many words or phrases in your ad copy as well as using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!.

Your ads can sometimes be rejected because of this. Facebook addresses this under the Grammar & Profanity policy.

For example:

“WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE THIS AMAZING PRODUCT AT WORK!!!!!!!”

Note: Using too many all capital letters & exclamation marks makes your ad copy “loud” and “aggressive” and Facebook hates it.

Facebook don’t want your ads to appear to be screaming or yelling at their users.

It creates the impression you want to force potential customers to take actions they may not be comfortable taking.

How to fix this:

Avoid all caps and if you must, use it sparingly and only to emphasize really important words.

Refrain from using exclamation marks provocatively to pass your message across.

Instead of using exclamation marks to emphasize key words or phrases, you can make do with emojis.

Your ads should be professional, which means using complete sentences. Pay attention to spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. Not only will it help get your ads approved, your target audience will trust your business or website more.\

Related: How to Write Captivating Sales Copies to Market Your Products Quickly Online

3. Bad landing page or website user experience

Facebook always want their users to have a pleasant experience both on and off their platform.

That is why the Facebook algorithm thoroughly scans your landing page or website before approving your ad.

This is to ensure users get the same experience they were expecting when they clicked the link in your ad.

So, the following issues if discovered in your destination website or page url, may cause your ad to be rejected in the review process.

1. Display url doesn’t match the destination website or page url.

That is, when users click on your ad, they are taken to a different website or page, that is different from what they were expecting when they click your ad.

2. Contains misleading content that does not clearly and accurately represent the product or service being advertised in the ad.

3. Deceptive offers and discounts.

When your ad copy talks about a specific offer, discount or giveaway, only for the users to discover it’s false after arriving at your landing page.

4. Redirects users to another website from your website or page.

That is when users need to click another link in your website or landing page before they can complete an action, make a purchase or access the product or service being advertised.

5. Landing page takes a long time to load.

6. Landing page is in another language and not in English.

7. Poorly designed landing page with poorly written content and poor image quality

How to fix this:

Before running your ads, test run your landing page url to make sure it’s online and loads very quickly.

Your landing page should be in English only.

Your website should clearly and accurately represent the product or service being promoted in your ad.

Your website should not contain third party links, such as affiliate links.

Your website should be free of malware, spyware and should not initiate any automatic downloads when users get there.

When your ad copy gives a specific offer, bonus, discount or giveaway, this must match exactly what the user should find upon arriving at your landing page or website.

4. Ad copy makes unrealistic health & beauty claims.

Using a “before” and “after” picture in your ad will get your ad rejected faster than you think

“Lose that belly fat in 10 days”

“Say goodbye to diabetes using this herbal tea”

Am sure you get the picture.

Constructing your ad copy in this manner will not only get your ads rejected but can also lead to your ad account being banned completely.

Reason being that, Facebook doesn’t like ads that evoke negative emotions or talk about pain points openly.

Like earlier said, Facebook frowns seriously on ads that makes their users have a negative experience on their platform.

Using pain points or negative words such as, stretch marks, weight loss, belly fat, anti-aging, supplements, diet, infertility, hair loss etc. all fall under “sensitive topics” that are closely monitored and regulated by Facebook.

It addresses this issue under its Personal Attributes policy, Personal Health policy or Misleading or False Content policy.

How to fix this:

Always use a positive approach when advertising health & beauty products.

Focus on the benefits you want people to achieve after using the product.

Never be tempted to use a before and after result pictures.

Use a picture that evokes positive emotions and happiness such as people smiling , laughing etc.

Don’t make outrageous result claims.

For instance:
The above examples could be rewritten this way:

“Stay fit and healthy with our newly launched fitness device” , with a picture of someone doing mild exercises and smiling happily.

“Our herbal tea help people manage sugar levels in their body effectively” with the picture of perhaps an elderly person smiling happily and satisfactorily.

To read the full article, use the link in my signature.

Thanks for reading.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. by Gtuns(m): 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice write up.

I have been trying to run a conversation ads on Facebook with #5 for a start. Facebook is not accepting my bid. Say I must bid at least #69.1 before the ads can run or I adjust my ad set, which I have done , still ads not accepted.

Any Advice bro
Re: 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. by EcomPlus: 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
Use this lockdown to learn importation business and be ready when the coronavirus pandemic comes to end.

To enjoy free tutorials on importation business, market tips, get hot winning products ideas:

Visit:

ecomplus . com. ng

Remove the space before & after the dot
Re: 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. by EcomPlus: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
I guess you mean Conversion ads right
Re: 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. by EcomPlus: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
Bidding low for conversion will affect the performance of your ad.

Also the conversion event you are tracking like purchase could also affect your bid.

What product or service are you promoting with the ad

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Payment Received Nigerian Or UK Adsense Plus Domain Asap / Data Resellers Mainly. Enjoy 1gb For N200 On Your First Purchase / Earn To Like Youtube Videos | Like Youtube Videos And Earn Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.