Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) (27566 Views)

Da Grin If I Die Lyrics / Da Grin Is Dead! / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by maedan(f): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2010
Krayola:

I made some changes. . they are in red. Hope they help.

Yeah, I listened to the track, you got it right.  The guy knew a lot about American rap, he was not an omo-ita after all  smiley.

I love the lyrics; he was a gifted rhymer for his genre.

"I go many shows
I get many doughs
Get many hoes, but them dey before"

(funny smiley)

God na my creator
Fela na my mentor
Money no dey drive me, money na my conductor
I no be good boy, but I get loyalty
I no won hear story when marketer go pay me royalty

(nice one wink).

Ashewo dey everywhere
Even gay dey fear
Say ashewo collect all the boys for this year
I know say I be sinner, God, I dey sin
Everyday igbo, shayo, all night na dry gin
And I no start like this for church, I start with drum set
And I won open my ear, wey God go blow the trumpet
Cos I know heaven dey
God, evil dey
If you want chop cake, then you go know say oven dey

(wow, such a philosopher grin)

Gosh, what a pity, what a loss. RIP Da Grin!
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by stede(m): 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2010
mhy da grin
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by mrofficial(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2010
mohid:

@tosinaded2.u see i dont need to be God to know", and the Word was with God and the Word was God  John 1:1" and as far as His Word goes if u die in sin u end up in hell a minute later,our feelings and what we wish others are inconsequential, think about that when u sleep tonite.

Sharrap! For the boy knew what he was doing, so he said.

I know say I be sinner, God, I dey sin
Everyday igbo, shayo, all night na dry gin
And I no start like this for church, I start with drum set
And I won open my ear, wey God go blow the trumpet
Cos I know heaven dey
God, evil dey
If you want chop cake, then you go know say oven dey

So don't say he's in hell. And again he didn't die immediately after the accident, he was alive for 9 days.
Were you with him when he gave up? So shut da bleep up.

At least he was not completely lost. He knew that the way he was living his life is not the way God wants us to.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by tosinaded(m): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2010
mohid:

@tosinaded2.u see i dont need to be God to know", and the Word was with God and the Word was God John 1:1" and as far as His Word goes if u die in sin u end up in hell a minute later,our feelings and what we wish others are inconsequential, think about that when u sleep tonite.

no be the same bible say make we no dey judge?? and here u are palying God almighty!!!
thats a sin man. . . . . . . now roger that undecided

u see him heart wen him dey die?
stop displaying ur stupi.di.ty all n he name of religion abeg!!!!!

av u listened to his song if i die?
u think he dsnt know wut it takes to be n heaven?
guy no dey post s.h.it for here abeg!!!

if u be pator go and preach the gopel to people that are living so they can go to heaven.
ur job is not to tell us where dead people are!

st.pid idio.y
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by lysaa(f): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2010
Seems to some ppl, death is perceived so strong around them that they talk, sing or rap about it b4 they go.
The celeb's death that surprised me was Left eye - former L in TLC. She even made a documentry of herself where she waid stuff about death chasing her . .till death eventually ended the doc in couple of days. some strange stuff huh?. .so spooky that leaves a cold shiver running down ur spine. Its a shame daGrin went down this road. No one knows what he did the few days he was hospitalized. . it's possible he reconciled with God.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by alex406(m): 12:14am On Apr 28, 2010
Oladapo a.k.a Dagrin has dis natural and original instinct in him dat made him flow like a boat on a sea, ppl liked him èven wit his swag.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by alex406(m): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2010
Oladapo a.k.a Dagrin has dis natural and original instinct in him dat made him flow like a boat on a sea, ppl liked him èven wit his swag.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by utotomi50(m): 3:24am On Apr 28, 2010
shabbie (m)
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died)
Whoever released this track does not like Dagrin!
This should have been the pot of gold for his family to feed on after him, to bring food for his parents, but one idiot released it and u all are downloading it. Hypocrites!
This song would have sold is unreleased works
Edlyne records u are fools, no business sense

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2010
RIP Da Grin.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by mikezluv: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
If i die make u no cry for me, the guy don no say he go die

The thing self tie me ooooooooo, A no understand may be the guy na ABIKU AGBA as elders dey talk
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by DualCore1: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
Waiting for the next brave rapper to release an "if i die" kinda single.  grin

Honestly I didnt cry for this dude, I dunno him but I know that very Maxima model he wrecked and I went bananas when I saw that thing wrecked like that. Well he's told y'all his fans not to cry for him and let him rest. Y'all just be cool and know the good ones don't last long. They come, do their thing and go just when you least expect (life sucks anyway, who would wonno stay a minute extra?).

I really dont think one's obsession with death has any effect on death coming though. Oh well I don't have a will but I have written a script that acts more like a dead man's switch. If that script doesnt register me online for 48 hours str8, it sends necessary data to those who can run ma biz et al from wer i stopped.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by mohid(m): 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
tosinaded@:

no be the same bible say make we no dey judge?? and here u are palying God almighty!!!
thats a sin man. . . . . . . now roger that undecided

u see him heart wen him dey die?
stop displaying your stupi.di.ty all n he name of religion abeg!!!!!

av u listened to his song if i die?
u think he dsnt know wut it takes to be n heaven?
guy no dey post s.h.it for here abeg!!!

if u be pator go and preach the gopel to people that are living so they can go to heaven.
your job is not to tell us where dead people are!

st.pid idio.y

Guy i am really sorry u feel so strongly about this , but part of the reason is because in one tiny little corner of ur heart u re wondering what if this dude is right and that’s getting u upset, good thing is u are alive so u still can choose to accept Christ( if u haven’t )HE is crazy about u and can’t wait to ve u ,and the best part is He is just a prayer away, u re right i don’t know if the guy lived a few days after and could have accepted Christ before passing on, my apologies, i hope for his sake he did,but if he didn’t there is only one place he is at right now!
E.O.D
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by LoveKing(m): 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2010
So many of us see things at the surface though its not bad but i guess Dagrin has been thinking about death. I guess he's been afraid of death at a certain point in time leading to now. You know all of us are very different people, not every one runs for money, some people run for enlightment. But enlightment comes in two ways, the dangerous enlightment and the safe enlightment. Example of who show dangerous enlightment are jay z, lady gaga, rihanna, beyonce, miley cyrus, justin timberlake, timberland, lil wayne, drake, maddona, paramore, britney spears, kanye west, Taylor swift, evanescence, tupac, michael jackson etc. I think Dagrin also wanted to follow follow this path. and and for safe enlightment and probably the safest, try Gospel music. This is not a christian agenda, please dont misunderstand me, at least if you dont believe in christianity or Jesus christ at least you believe in a right way to live. Hate me but apart from good music what does these guys also tell you. do you think behind the music? at least have a sense of reasoning that its humans who sing these songs. So just like we argue on diverse deep issues thats how these artists also influence their music with deep issues. Just take a look at the life of lady gaga and lil wayne, as a tip of the iceberg, it doesnt portray the right way to live, according to sensible people. Most of their songs f^&k up the brain, and you dont even know it. and adding to the woe is a life of sin. Just think.
At least Gospel music is good. You listen to it and dont feel about commiting suicide or be expecting death e.g Tupac. Your mind is at rest. and some of them you can listen to are not repulsive even if you are a moslem.

#Free Babaearly#
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by LoveKing(m): 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2010
tosinaded@:

But the same God said If we should Judge we should Judge righteous judgement John 7:24. So na who be the judge between you and mohid. Can you even tell if his judgemnt is righteous, if then you can do that then you are the one Judging. What is your opinion about his death? say it period. dont be sentimental and start hurling curses. You should be man about this. Its not everytime you scratch things like a chicken, think. ask yourself questions and try dey civil.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by mikezluv: 12:03am On Apr 29, 2010
the dude is in hell right now i am as certain of that as i am that at 7.00am this morning the sun would be out and the moon will give way. all the nice things we say right now wont mean a thing to him .So right after you start callin me judgemental ask urself if u are heading on that same fast lane to an early grave and hell as well .Note though u still ve the opportunity to make it right,Dagrin doesnt ve that anymore.

Shikena!!!

NA UNA KNOW WHO DEY ENTER HELL AND HEAVEN, GUY BIBLE SAYS MAKE WE NO DEY JUDGE OOOOO, PERSON WEY NEVER DIE DON'T KNOW WETING GO KILL AM BRO, MAKE U MINED YOUR SPEECH, IDIOT
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:31am On Apr 29, 2010
Free Ticket For FREE SHOWss,

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by tosinaded(m): 7:39am On Apr 29, 2010
Mohid and the other person!
Go and live ur rigteous life ok. .go preach the gospel to sinners,thats ur commision! Infact its the greatest one.
Dnt come here telling me sum1 is in hell right now,dats stup.i.dity. . .its a bad way of tryn to get attention of people u want to preach to!
If want to preach,jst go ahead,not condemning a dead man jst to put fear in people. . .dats not how to go about winning souls.
Besides wut part of dnt judge dnt u understand?
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by tkb417(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2010
which one is face off in heaven again

na wa
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Areslite(f): 11:50am On Apr 29, 2010
Da Grin is sincere and practical with his lyrics, he shouldn't have released this song, my peeps don't joke with death, cos it could really happen.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Ranoscky(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2010
I feel so sorry for your family man

I wish u'll be in right hand of GOD now.

see u when we get there!
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by EEVICTOREE(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
tkb417:

which one is face off in heaven again

na wa

Na so me too see am, Do u want to go for the face off show?? tongue
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Ranoscky(m): 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2010
the show will be the best ever,

i can't wait to attend the show

but i don't know when  grin
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Areslite(f): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
the show will happen anytime you like, all you need to do is drink some acid or stand infront of a truck and you'll get a free ticket to the show.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by tkb417(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2010
££VICTOR££:

Na so me too see am, Do u want to go for the face off show?? tongue
no thanks

i dont go to shows

i buy CDs and sit in my house to enjoy
thanks for ur offer
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
tkb417:

no thanks

i dont go to shows

i buy CDs and sit in my house to enjoy
thanks for your offer
lwkmd!, Nothing do u,
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
Ranoscky:

the show will be the best ever,

i can't wait to attend the show

but i don't know when  grin

Are u in hurry to go for the show??

If u are in hurry, i can prepared some acidic substance for you to drink, tongue
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2010
New 20 Naira Note,

Barack O'Grin u get Mouth,

R.I.P Broda,

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by maedan(f): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2010
Na wa. All these tributes are beginning to turn everything into a joke. Some things need to be taken seriously y'know.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by shotster50(m): 3:31am On Apr 30, 2010
I have been going through a lot of articles and posts about Da Grin's death and one thing keeps poping up. There is general consesnsus that he led a 'dangerous' lifestyle. I dont really understand that thinking, , is it because he was supposedly drunk on the night of the crash or because he was a known drink driver, was he a gangster or something!!!! Why is he been given that tag of living life on the edge when for all you know he was probably same as a lot of us.

And then you have this section of the crowd, who feel in your righteousness to lecture us over who is going to hell or not, stop worrying about Da Grin , worry about your own living hypocritical selves.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by exago(m): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2010
Just tied of seeing our young men waste . . . life . . talent . . time

How Can I know Christ?

Salvation is deliverance from spiritual death and enslavement by sin. God provides salvation for all who believe and accept His free offer of forgiveness. Mankind’s only hope of redemption from the fallen sinful state is through the blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son–blood that was shed as Jesus died on the cross.

Choosing your place in eternity — it’s up to you!

The door is open … but walking through it is a personal choice. To ignore the open door, or to procrastinate, may not seem all that significant today. But on that future day, it will surpass all the other decisions we’ve ever made in our whole lives.

If you haven’t yet begun a relationship with God, here’s what you need to do:

A—Admit that all is not well between you and God. Not that you’re necessarily a bad person, but still … His standards are higher than you can reach. As the Bible says with some bluntness, “There is no difference…. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:22-23).

B—Believe that there’s still a chance to remedy this situation, however, thanks to the generous sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. He took the punishment we deserved. He stepped up on our behalf. “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly…. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 5:6 and 6:23).

C—Call out to the Lord for his forgiveness and acceptance. Tell Him honestly that you want to be changed on the inside. Ask Him to adopt you as one of His special children. He won’t brush you off. He will welcome you. In the words of the ancient prophet Joel, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Joel 2:32, Romans 10:13).

You can talk to God about this anytime, anywhere, using any words you wish. You don’t have to come up with a formal speech. Just be honest and tell God the essence of the A-B-C points above.

If you feel uneasy, here’s a short prayer you can say:

Dear God, I’d like to make things right with You. I admit I haven’t always lived the way I should and I’ve broken Your rules. I ask for Your forgiveness of my sins. Based on what Jesus did on my behalf, please accept me as one of Your children. I recognize you as the new Authority of my life, and I’ll do my best to follow Your direction. Be merciful to me, O God.
Amen.

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Ranoscky(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2010
how i wish he said his last prayer b4 giving up the ghost.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by babsmii(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Download Free Mp3 Songs? / One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin / Amy Winehouse Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.