Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

F. Graham Shows That They're Doing The Same Thing To Trump As They Did To Jesus - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / F. Graham Shows That They're Doing The Same Thing To Trump As They Did To Jesus (294 Views)

Americans Ridicule Trump As Biden Edges Closer To Victory (Pictures) / Melania Trump Pulls Her Hand Away From Donald Trump's As They Step Off Air Force / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

F. Graham Shows That They're Doing The Same Thing To Trump As They Did To Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Franklin Graham Shows That They're Doing The Same Thing To Trump As They Did To Jesus
BY JUDY CLAIR POLITICS FEBRUARY 20, 2017

You always have to be careful about what you hear and believe, but never more so than today. "Fake news", as they call it, is everywhere.

Because almost anyone can write something on the internet and because there are such strong political agendas today, you have people writing things that simply aren't true. And then what happens is that "information" is spread and reported as the truth.

While you might expect this from your average Joe political blogger with a bias, you now have to be on guard from the major media outlets that you thought you could trust.

Here, Franklin Graham shares that this kind of false reporting for specific interests is not new; it happened to Jesus, too. But Graham reminds any media that is listening to the Bible's powerful command: "You shall not circulate a false report" (Exodus 23:1).

Now, Graham is classy, and so he doesn't come right out and say it, but you can hear in the undertones that he is correcting McCain. Senator McCain has quite publicly been no fan of President Trump.

In the interview where he was asked about Trump's disparaging comments about the media's deception, McCain alluded to Trump acting as a dictator.

"That's how dictators get started. They get started by suppressing free press," McCain said, adding, "The first thing that dictators do is shut down the press."

"I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator, I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history," McCain said, reports Fox.

But Graham is saying here that the real lessons of history we need to learn from are in the Bible. Do you agree with Graham's correction of McCain's statements?

http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/franklin_graham_shows_that_they_re_doing_the_same_thing_to_trump_as_they_did_to_jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: F. Graham Shows That They're Doing The Same Thing To Trump As They Did To Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2018
Franklin Graham: Fake News Was in the Bible
1:00PM EST 2/20/2017 JESSILYN JUSTICE

Fake news isn't a new concept coined by President Donald Trump's administration in reference to the media lies that plague him.

Rather, the idea can be traced all the way back to the days of Jesus, evangelist Franklin Graham says.

Fake news is nothing new—it was going on in the Bible. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins and was placed in the tomb, He said He would rise in three days. The Pharisees had guards assigned to watch the tomb, and on the third day an angel from heaven came and rolled the stone away. The Lord Jesus walked out of that tomb. The guards reported this to the religious leaders who instructed them that if anyone asked, they were to say that Jesus' supporters had come and taken the body. It was fake news to serve their own agenda.
Lies and untruths like we have been seeing can be a threat to our democracy. I would encourage the media to do what the Bible tells us, "You shall not circulate a false report" (Ex. 23:1, NKJV), and be truthful—you can never go wrong with that. When I was a little boy my mother told me to "tell the truth, even if it hurts."

Trump recently accused the mainstream media, including the New York Times, NBC, ABC and CNN, of being fake news outlets.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!" the president tweeted.

https://www.charismanews.com/politics/issues/63160-franklin-graham-fake-news-was-in-the-bible

(1) (Reply)

Russia Says Election Turnout Over 50 Percent / Royal Baby Alert: Kate Middleton Has Gone Into Labour / Koreans Sigh With Relief As Leaders Meet In Ages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.