Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake (32766 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Countermars: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
enjoy1100:
Mine said valid but not assigned to any vehicle What does that mean cry
same with mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Bianda24: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Just checked mine, I got this :Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle.

Is anything wrong?
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Marotzke(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
It would have made more sense if this information came from or authorised by federal road safety commission.(FRSC)
What the OP did is to sow fear in the hearts of people and prepare them for ripoff by criminal policemen.
How come road safety have never arrested anyone or have a successful prosecution leading to conviction with regards to having fake number plates?

1 Like

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Pesuzok(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
mokaflex:

Take it.....
is this estate in Abuja?
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by padresolomon: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
This is what i got when i checked mine

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Habibatuley23: 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Buh mine is Chevrolet venture while is showing me Honda shuttle.
What could be d problem?
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2018
Confirmed.

Number Valid and Assigned to FJCruiser

Thank you very much.

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by babaireti(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Gbege! this is what I got after checking mine ''Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle'' please tell me before I break someone's head here o.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by mayorall(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Some of the number plates you see on some cars are fake and not original.

The reason for this is because some were unlucky to register their cars in the wrong hands. This is very common with the Lagos and Abuja plate numbers.

A research carried out revealed that at least 4 out of every 10 cars you see on the road with Lagos and Abuja plate numbers are fake.

We are here to make sure you are using the authentic plate number.

To determine the authenticity of your vehicle plate number, you have to follow these few steps below. It is very simple and will not take time to do. All you need is a smart phone and access to the internet.

1. In your browser, go to www.nvisng.org/numberplateverification.aspx

2. Enter your plate number in the provided space (with no hyphen in between)

3. Click on the “verify” button.

After clicking on “verify”, the information about your car will appear.

For security reasons, only the name of your car will be displayed on the webpage. In other words, FRSC does not want the public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

Note:

For anyone planning to visit the police to obtain a tinted glass permit – it is important you verify the authenticity of your car number plate first.

If the police finds out first, it might become a different story altogether.

Also, note that this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB (New plate number) not AB123 ABC (old plate number).

Please, help and share this post so it can get to the individual who might need it.

https://autojosh.com/steps-verify-car-plate-number-original-fake/

Hi, mine is showing " plate number valid, and assigned to accord"

My car isn't accord, it's Camry. Any issue?.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by 3kay945(m): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
enjoy1100:

The site has said same to me since a year now. But the Lagos govt site validate my number so am not worried.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by lastempero: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
This is the kind of information we need in nairaland not about people slaying their life up and down.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by deebrain(m): 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
Informative
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by timilehin007(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
Number plate valid assigned to V/wagon wink
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by doingood: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nice one
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by sheymoni(m): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
babaireti:
Gbege! this is what I got after checking mine ''Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle'' please tell me before I break someone's head here o.

I got the same message too . Op should talk before I do something nasty o
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by temmym4(m): 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
enjoy1100:

Same here. Got me wondering.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Mcleo007(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Informative...
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by mycare(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
bivanJohnaliuz:

no with My sperm. grin

no with My sperm.
You are finished then lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by gmajor10(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
chloedogie:

Boss one of my cars is saying valid but not assigned to any vehicle. How do I go about it?

http://www.lsmvaapvs.org/index.php

Try the link above, more comprehensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by chloedogie(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
gmajor10:

thanks i'm on it.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by chloedogie(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
gmajor10:

It brought it out well detailed and very correct. Appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by chorlay: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
gmajor10:

correct, brings out more details about the car
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by montumonami(m): 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
bivanJohnaliuz:
dis Post is usless as i don't Have a Car 4 Now......
.. AND YOU AINT DREAMING OF....... I DONT HAVE A CAR...... IT WILL HELP ME IN THE NEAREST FUTURE
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Yseone(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
nOw that my big broh just bought two cars, one with his nick name and the other with SPY kind of plate number, will it also be verified?
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by abundanceseun: 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

The reason for this is because some were unlucky to register their cars in the wrong hands. This is very common with the Lagos and Abuja plate numbers.

A research carried out revealed that at least 4 out of every 10 cars you see on the road with Lagos and Abuja plate numbers are fake.

Interesting.

To determine the authenticity of your vehicle plate number, you have to follow these few steps below. It is very simple and will not take time to do. All you need is a smart phone and access to the internet.

For security reasons, only the name of your car will be displayed on the webpage. In other words, FRSC does not want the public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

Note:

For anyone planning to visit the police to obtain a tinted glass permit – it is important you verify the authenticity of your car number plate first.

Also, note that this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB (New plate number) not AB123 ABC (old plate number).

Please, help and share this post so it can get to the individual who might need it.

Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by gmajor10(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2018

Try the link above, more comprehensive
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by olumide4christ: 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Note:

Lalasticlala...move this to front page...it will help a lot of Nigerians more than BBNaija.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by suco01(m): 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
OP its not showing date of registration
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by PAQ(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2018
This is what the site tells me "Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle". But on physical inspection everything is ok! Is it because my papers have expired?
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 07, 2018
PAQ:
This is what the site tells me "Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle". But on physical inspection everything is ok! Is it because my papers have expired?

Thanks OP for this tread. It's quite needed this time.

For all whose query showed no plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle, what this means is that the vehicle registration was not uploaded on frsc site. But there is no big issue with this if you drive your vehicle within Lagos as Lagos site covers you. But if you drive outside Lagos, you may encounter problems since frsc is federal so will need to get it uploaded on frsc to avoid .........
Hope this helps.
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by jabolo(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Re: How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake by feyshey: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
How long does it take new plate number to be verified....Lagos plate precisely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / How Good Is Oven Baked Painting / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.