Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia (782 Views)

Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos / Customs Intercept Live Parrots, Hawk Worth ₦‎6 Million / 4-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In A Bush In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by dizon: 9:11am On Feb 21, 2018
UMUAHIA— A disaster was reportedly averted at Umuohu Okpula, Ndume community, Ibeku in Umuahia North Local Government area of Abia State, when a vigilant grandmother prevented a four-day-old baby from being carried away by a hawk.

The grandmother, who gave her name as Adeline Emmanuel, explained that she was lying down, when she heard the loud flapping of bird’s wings.

According to her, she heard noise of a struggling object as the bird was trying to fly through the window, but fell down on the floor of the one-storey building, prompting her to shout at her daughter, mother of the baby, to shut the window.

She said: “I saw the hawk drop down where my four-day-old granddaughter was sleeping and was trying to carry the baby who was probably too heavy for it.

“It was then that I started shouting, asking my daughter to close the windows.

“My shouting and that of my daughter coupled with others, who were by then aware of what was happening, attracted the community youths.”

She said the youths were able to catch the hawk and break its legs and wings.

In her account, the mother of the four-day-old baby girl, Mrs. Joy Emmanuel, said she was outside when her mother-in-law’s shouting made her rush in, only to be confronted with the unusual sight.

According to her, it was only the grace of God that made her to survive the shock, as she had never seen such an incident in all her life.

She explained that they live upstairs in one of the apartments in the building, but “because the weather on that Sunday was unbearably hot, we decided to leave the windows open, which was how the hawk flew into the room and tried to carry my baby.”

For the landlord of the building, Mr. Aaron Ibeji, he has never seen or heard that a bird, no matter its size, tried to carry a baby.

He said the incident nearly shattered the peace of the community.

Ibeji, however, expressed happiness that the youths of the community were able to catch the bird. He said that they were waiting for the elders of the community to decide on what they are going to do with the bird.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/hawk-attempts-fly-away-4-day-old-baby-abia/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by eTECTIVe(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2018
Dis one no b hawk again ooo... Village Ppl at work
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by mexxmoney: 9:29am On Feb 21, 2018
WINCHES!!! Na their work be that
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Jayson1: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2018
I wouldn't have been surprise if it happened in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by itchie: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2018
Criminal animals everywhere. Snake swallow money just last week now hawk don enter kidnapping business and they never still catch the rats wey pursue bubu commot from him office.

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Chrisbeks: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2018
So they are waiting for the elders of the community to hold a meeting just to decide on what to do with a bird. I tire for life in Africa

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Haggui: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2018
itchie:
Criminal animals everywhere. Snake swallow money just last week now hawk don enter kidnapping business and they never still catch the rats wey pursue bubu commot from him office.
Nigerian army just declared operation rat chase in Benue state. E fit be say na those rats dem dey find
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 21, 2018
Lalasticlacla leave psp work and cum fast...
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Epositive(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2018
Picture of the hawk carrying the baby or ... angry
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Vinstel: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2018
This headline should read: Village people elite division commander captured in Abia
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by coluka: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2018
I trust my Naija brothers. Dem don already arrest the hawk, break the hawk wings and leg and call the village elders to come look into the matter. We no dey dull for this kind matter
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Jabioro: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2018
I sue we are funny people..Why nt waiting for the elders before catching and killed the dreaded bird?..
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Neminc: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2018
One village witch doctor go use this one open office for there now
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by elgramz: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2018
They should check the shape of that hawk's head. If it is cone headed which I am sure it will be, then two things are certain
1. It is only after the baby's head not the baby itself
2. That's no hawk!!! That's ogbomosho airlines new Boeing 747 aircraft
Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Masama: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2018
grayht:
Lalasticlacla leave psp work and cum fast...
shocked shocked shocked
This one no be snake thread nah. Wetin concern lalasticlala the snake master with hawk thread? The hawk should try to carry a snake next time if it want to be noticed by lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Fly Away With 4-day-old Baby In Abia by Masama: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2018
elgramz:
They should check the shape of that hawk's head. If it is cone headed which I am sure it will be, then two things are certain
1. It is only after the baby's head not the baby itself
2. That's no hawk!!! That's ogbomosho airlines new Boeing 747 aircraft
Hahahaha!!!! Guy u no well o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Church With 100 Sex Slaves Busted In South Africa / Lagos Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Late Corps Official, Monsuru Bolaji, Ot / Hamilton Woman Hopes To Draw Attention To Jehovah's Witness Child Sex Abuse ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.