Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos (29529 Views)

Oyo Teenager Kills Father, Mother Arrested For Hiding Crime / Elizabeth Turpin Dead And Obituary, Made Her Lesbian Lover Murder Her Husband / Mother Arrested For Throwing Her 12-day-old Baby Into Pit Latrine (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10
The Police in Lagos state have arrested a mother identified as Rukayat for allegedgly attempting to poison her epileptic child.

According to police sources, Rukayat had taken her one year seven month old child, Wuraola, to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital with complains that she wasn't feeling well.

In the course of the treatment, Rukayat confessed to the doctor that on March 3, she gave her child an insecticide to drink with hopes she would die immediately. According to Rukayat, she had tried every means to ensure her child's epileptic nature stopped but all efforts have been futile and, so she decided to poison her.

The doctors on ground were able to treat the child while the mother was immediately handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/3/mother-arrested-for-attempting-to-murder-her-epileptic-one-year-old-baby-in-lagos-2.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10
Jennyclay!

Jennyclay will say she did it in self defense.

128 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10
May Almighty God Protect You From Evil Lady

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Ogiame: 5:20pm On Mar 10
Some are Mothers while some are Murderers.

Rukayat is a murderer and may she face the full wrath of the law.

E-diot.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by JASONjnr(m): 5:54pm On Mar 10
Some women are plain wicked......

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Chukwuka319(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10
Wickedness everywhere.It is only in humans among all creatures in creation that we have mothers who would willingly kill their own offspring.
The woman isn't fit to be among human beings at all and should be handed the capital punishment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Obyangel: 6:05pm On Mar 10
What she did was terribly evil, but to take care of Akwukwu (epilepsy) from day one, e no dey easy. She wanted a soft landing for her baby, and poverty made her took that part.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 10
then some people will come here and claim that:"ALL MOTHERS LOVE THEIR CHILDREN"

no matter how difficult it is to raise a sick child, murder is NEVER the solution.

10 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by HenryWilliams(m): 6:22pm On Mar 10
It's not easy raising a child with epilepsy or autism..those conditions will challenge any parent up to their limit and endurance.
Not excusing the murderous mother tho.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by NoSmoking: 6:29pm On Mar 10
Now she's in trouble

5 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 7:14pm On Mar 10
NoSmoking:
Now she's in trouble

You see, people are passing through A lot

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by chariisGRACE(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10
😐
Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by chariisGRACE(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10
😐

She couldn't do a clean job. pathetic!

I know y'all will quote me to tell me how heartless I am. I am not heartless. In fact, I am compassionate.

I am looking at the future stigma that child would face. The possible embarrassment he/she would encounter if by chance the epilepsy gets triggered in a public place - he/she may be thrown into the gutter.

That's my view. I am not heartless. I just want that stigma and embarrassment to be extinguished now that the child is still tender.

Peace.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by muyico(m): 7:43pm On Mar 10
Wicked mother! Jennyclay come and c ur 6tas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by iichidodo: 7:55pm On Mar 10
In Sparta,babies like this were left by the mountainside in the cold for three days, if they survived. They became part of the citizenship of Sparta..

9 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by sonnie10: 7:56pm On Mar 10
But there are medications to manage epilepsy, especially the seizures .
Mothers with children whose illnesses have no known cure or management remedies still do not go to this extent.
Why not give up the child for adoption instead of soiling your hands with blood.

9 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Nwaokunkpara: 7:56pm On Mar 10
This one has nothing in her to be bestowed the prestigious name "MOTHER" Hence not all mothers are mothers and every mother is a mother

2 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10
muyico:
Wicked mother! Jennyclay come and c ur 6tas?

This News Shock You 😮

1 Like

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by jeromestarks: 7:57pm On Mar 10
When I tell women to marry early, they insult me. Now look at this one.
Don't marry a woman above the age of 23. If you do , she will born epileptic children for you and she will attempt to kill them.
Women get clumsier with age. The lose the ability to give birth to health children once they are above 23 and still single.

You see what I have been saying? Una see waitin I dey talk bass?
When I tell women not to fvck plenty diickson, they will gather to insult me.

This woman has been fvvcked and mounted by many men that's why she gave birth to epileptic child in the first place.

Never marry a woman who has been fvvcked and mounted by many men. Just fvck your part and let her go.

When you're ready for marriage, find a virgin woman of 18 -23 and marry. She will birth healthy children and she won't murder them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Appletek: 7:58pm On Mar 10
Jennyclay, them don catch ya papa sidechic

5 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by dfrost: 7:58pm On Mar 10
angry

I don't understand
Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Onionstew: 7:58pm On Mar 10
Chukwuka319:
Wickedness everywhere.It is only in humans among all creatures in creation that we have mothers who would willingly kill their own offspring.
The woman isn't fit to be among human beings at all and should be handed the capital punishment.

.It is only in humans among all creatures in creation that we have mothers who would willingly kill their own offspring.....

I dont support her but op you are wrong dia

4 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Appletek: 7:59pm On Mar 10
If you were informed before birth that the child to be born would be epileptic and you're given option of terminating the pregnancy, how many of us would still choose to give birth to the child?

The devil or the deep blue sea?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by specialmati(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed don't ever think of killing anyone in life instead kill yourself
Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Daniluv1(m): 8:00pm On Mar 10
chariisGRACE:
😐

I know y'all will quote me to tell me how heartless I am. I am not heartless. In fact, I am compassionate.

I am looking at the future stigma that child would face. The possible embarrassment he/she would encounter if by chance the epilepsy gets triggered in a public place - he/she may be thrown into the gutter.

That's my view. I am not heartless. I just want that stigma and embarrassment to be extinguished now that the child is still tender.

Peace.

Don't mind those hypocrites my dear
If only they know what it takes to take care of such a child or crippled child

I would have said I pray they give birth to such child if they won't think twice

I pray we never find ourselves in such a situation sending the child back if detected early enough might just be the best option for both you and the child.

9 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by IsrealiIDF1: 8:00pm On Mar 10
Rukayat

I'm not surprised for the sneaky ofenmmmanu ashowo

2 Likes

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Pepperdemisback: 8:00pm On Mar 10
chariisGRACE:
😐

Peace.
The worst part is that everybody will pass them like nothing happened.
I saw one very well dressed one that hit his head on the pavement of pedestrian passage and broke his, head. All the shop owners sat in front of their shops like nothing happened.
I saw another one was part of people offloading a trailer, the other people continued like nothing happened.
That thing is very embarrassing.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by toujurs: 8:01pm On Mar 10
Yoruba women, can be evil.

1 Like

Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by isaaclech: 8:01pm On Mar 10
And what if that child becomes great tomorrow, how you want take look am for eye?
Re: Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos by Emmabyte: 8:01pm On Mar 10
Thank God for the baby's life if not for the police this wicked Yoruba woman could have wasted the life of this baby

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Boko Haram Exploits, Rapes Abducted Girls — Report / meth: Umudioka, Anambra Bans The Sales & Consumption Of Illicit Drugs / Picture Of 33-yr-old Truck Driver Who Kills Friend Over Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.