Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,641 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) (40378 Views)

Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo) / The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by deebrownneymar: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Shows Gov Ambode is dirty
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by myk2mic: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Koolking:

When a system in place is not working, there is always a need to restructure and revamp. Lawma/PSP was not working at a point. Most of the private sector participants were in the habit of dumping trash from their trucks at unauthorised dumpsite thereby creating more environmental problems.

I guess, the recent wanton dirt in Lagos is as a result of transition from the former operators to the new waste managers (Visionscape to be exact). Complete transition will take a while. I believe the situation will be addressed. I believe the new system will be better however.

Meanwhile, you can call the new operators to clear pile up trashes around your area FREE of charge. I personally tried it, in less than 24hours the heap of trash was cleared in my area.

We should not complain and condemn every system put in place without profferring any solution. Sometimes, our creative input would help ameliorate situations. Patience is a virtue.

Contact 08008792783 Tweet @VSSanitation @VSHelpline

Peace!

Teledom Big boy,
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by KENZINCO(m): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
It's the work of saboteurs(Lawma)
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
Gangster1ms:

Haha.. that's my route daily.. very dirty down to costain and orile... i miss lawma.. everywhere stinks nowadays embarassed

Like those places are not even in the map Ambode gave to those Cleaner Lagos people. And to think there is even a big market there where people sell Fresh produce everyday...... I miss LAWMA/PSP too, these new ones use toothpick to pick refuse in some selected places in Lagos. We haven't seen them at all on my street for more than 6months now, everyone burns their refuse in their compound cause we can't just leave it to stink and cause epidemic.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Alariiwo: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
WorldRichest:

That won't work. As Yorubas pray to go to heaven, Igbos pray to go to Lagos. Remember the Igbo miscreants that Fashola abducted and dumped at Onitsha bridge head, they all jumped into the next available trailers carrying cows to Lagos.

It's just bad.

Go to Lagos Island, they are everywhere, in every corner and on every spot you step foot on.
Lagos used to be very neat until the influx of those people.

The pressure is now too much. Traffic everywhere, dirts everywhere, stress and all.
It's not fair.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
I miss fashola....
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Alariiwo: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
mathong:
If other states deports non indigens as u supposed that tribalism is best, how then shall we be called country, what makes us the name nation? This kind of self-centered mindset cause fight and killings desist from such discrimination!

My question to you now is this: Do you mean Yorubas are neater people than other tribes? And that the refuse was dumbed by non Yorubas?

Of course yes!

Left for Yorubas alone, the refuse would be handled properly and recycled.

But when people don't stay in their region, always running to congest Lagos, the result is what we are seeing now.

They defecate into the lagoon, dump their trash carelessly amongst others.

Do you see Yorubas running to the East to choke Igbos up? Why can't we think objectively for once without ascribing tribalism to everything.
Is it not almost the same allocation each states gets? Why can't others stay in their region and develop and handle their wastes properly??
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Alariiwo: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Vcblinks:
think before you type and don't look like a fool.what has that got to do with this and if I check you are not even a Lagos indigene.

I'm Yoruba, that's what matters..

The real question should be.. what business would you as an igbo possibly have with Lagos and her indigenes.
Why cross River Niger to poke nose in another tribe's affairs?
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by godquality: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Those blaming the state govt need help. Which normal human will throw dirt on the road? Are Nigerians normal? The things people caused themselves they will blame govt. Road you use daily and area you live in, you will turn it to dumpster and blame others.

Rubbish.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Alariiwo: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
UduMgbo1:
you're not a real yeroba
you're a yeroba Muslim
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas

Robots are smarter than your type.. a disgrace to natural intelligence is what you are.

See him reciting poem like a Primary 2 kid.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
Rapmaestro:
In this aspect governance, ambode failed.. Wtf did he scrap lawma without strong plans for CLI ? Lagos is the dirtiest state in the continent... But we know, he wanted to lay off fashola's pple so that his pple can enjoy.. Whatever happened to continuity
we're talking money you're talking continuity
you so cute
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
shallysgirl:
Lagos State, the paradise of the sw grin
filled with ppl from se
imagine how terrible se must be
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Athena4: 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
Its the people's handiwork. How do u expect clean roads when every Dele,Obi and musa sees roads as their personal trashcan?
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by holuwarlay08(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
Visions Scape is Rubbish in Lagos State. You better call help from PSP before Lagos the whole Lagos turn to Dumping Ground....Mr Governor??
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Alariiwo: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ugosample:

What is this idiot saying bikonu? undecided

Ask your old man at home that, not me.. onye ara
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by ezyk(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ameachi did so well on this using REWAMA and Wike is doing well too using same REWAMA
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by coldsummer: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ayodejioak:
Can you imagine? Trump called y'all a shithole country the other day and every one be ranting like someone lied or someone died. Now tell me how he is wrong for making that statement!
and

You think America is not dirty as well? New York is as dirty as Nija. They pee in their subway, trash on the streets especially Broadway junction subway....its a total mess

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by holuwarlay08(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
godquality:
Those blaming the state govt need help. Which normal human will throw dirt on the road? Are Nigerians normal? The things people caused themselves they will blame govt. Road you use daily and area you live in, you will turn it to dumpster and blame others.

Rubbish.

Be wise Bro, visions Scape is not just working, Governor should just call back PSP. Gbam
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
Alariiwo:

Of course yes!

Left for Yorubas alone, the refuse would be handled properly and recycled.

But when people don't stay in their region, always running to congest Lagos, the result is what we are seeing now.

They defecate into the lagoon, dump their trash carelessly amongst others.

Do you see Yorubas running to the East to choke Igbos up? Why can't we think objectively for once without ascribing tribalism to everything.
Is it not almost the same allocation each states gets? Why can't others stay in their region and develop and handle their wastes properly??

There are so many Yorubas living in Anambra, Enugu and even Abia state.

Check Ochanja in Onitsha, na una colony

But how will you know this when you are wilfully ignorant

3 Likes

Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by blackjack21(m): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
IamAirforce1:
Who else has this kind of scene in their neighborhood?

Carter bridge.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Ayodejioak(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
coldsummer:
and

You think America is not dirty as well? New York is as dirty as Nija. They pee in their subway, trash on the streets especially Broadway junction subway....its a total mess

You cant tell me better the same thing I see everyday.
I bet the white house does have at least a cobweb hanging somewhere at one of its corners too.
Definition of dirt does not change in this case, but still, you don't compare a trash can to an incinerator!
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Spain007(m): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
idumota...
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Christafarian(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
Odingo1:

This one that you did not exempt Hausa-fulanis from the deportation maybe you want Lagos to become another Ilorin where emir will be installed. smiley smiley embarassed embarassed embarassed cool cool cheesy
He said "non Yorubas". English is not that hard na.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by Godson201333(m): 9:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
IamAirforce1:
Who else has this kind of scene in their neighborhood?

Lagos Island,Idumota.
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by amakadihot87(f): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ttipsy:
strong law should be made on dirt disposal

pple are dirty shaa
......true .....but since the government doesnt provide a suitable means of disposing dirts ........people cant chew their dirts na
Re: What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) by cotzywitzy(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
Idumota... towards the Carter Bridge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / Coronavirus: Germany To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Despite Thriving Businesses, Aba Remains A Pigsty - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.