Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,422 members, 7,819,518 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget (30918 Views)

Tanzania Shuts Down 5 Hydroelectric Stations To Reduce Excess Electricity / $300 Billion: Russia Reveals Exact Amount Of Reserves Frozen By West / Joe Biden Gifts Vladimir Putin $300 Aviators & $3200 Crystal American Bison (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Ogaonos: 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Wow
Lee Kuan Yew will be happy in his grave right now
men i give d man 2 hand shake.is lik u read his book
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Have you become a day-dreamer ?

Jokes aside, news of this nature can almost make a person commit suicide.
Singapore was in the group of developing countries with nigeria at some point.

There was a time Ugandan government reduced the prices of petroleum products because, according to the government, the were lucky to get the product cheaper than they budgetted during an oil glot.
Nigeria is simply not a country but a jungle within an animal firm ruled by semi-beasts.
Nigeria's hope lies on us, you and I

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ruggedtimi(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
see country
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by piagetskinner(m): 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
they focused on industries housing and education...

Nigeria only focuses on politics...

if Nigeria had an excess budget, polithieficians would share the excess amongst themselves; acquire more houses in US UK Dubai etc..

our educational sector is in a state of comatose,housing nko...industries.. I don't even want to go there cos its a sorry case....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Ogaonos: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
maxiuc:
angry

Am still asking what was the labour of our heros that shall not be in vain

What actually did they pass And present heros of Nigeria did

Upon their labour yet no change

Foolish heros foolish labour

angry angry sad angry angry angry Look at a working country
complain no go change anythin nd read d book by their founding prime minister of singapore.wat they did was 2 face reality 2 overcum malyasia.den mak america their economic hinterland by outsourcing/partnering wit american firms.d world is a global marke nd singapore knew nd undastand it.very gud book.nd hong kong nd singapore were d inspiratn behind d dubai.as 4 nigeria rite nw is d northern elite nd nationalism(indengious company).our economirt talk nonsense.d only president dt had a beta economy plan was jona africa needs 2 b our economy hinterland.anotha thin is nigeria can allow isreal to mak nigeria their science nd technology economy proxy 4 3rd world.4 instance jamaica can b lik america proxy 4 black natiön.by lowing tax cheap labour nd manipulating their currency in such away dt american goods go cheap 4 africa.anotha thin singapore nd dubai use is using whites 2 front 4 their economy.whites follow wel wit their fellow whites.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by jideflows(m): 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Niyinficient:
Freeze is actually losing nuts....is Buddism not a religion? He should go and read about doctrines practiced by Buddist instead of him ranting on SM. AT times i wonder how unlearned some so-called educated people can be.

Whats his problem with people who have chosen a particular faith? All to remain relevant sha!
bros I guess you don't understand what he is saying.. We should put education first not religion.. My lecture in South Korea once told me that Nigerians believe in religion while the believe in education.. That's just the truth.. The funniest thing is that the man saying this is a Catholic just like me.... He was in Nigeria for two years n he can tell you all about Nigeria.. We need to change..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Meritocracy: 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
congorasta:
God punish APC and tinubu

You know nothing about politics, keep shut if you don't know what to say. How much your sponsor gave you to sell your right since 1999 and those people liked your senseless comment. Ask them in Singapore if they collect bribe before voting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by panafrican(m): 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
In Africa the greedy thugs in power would keep the money for themselves and let people starve.

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Nigeria's hope lies on us, you and I

Please forget about that hope - it's lost.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by congorasta: 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
Meritocracy:

You know nothing about politics, keep shut if you don't know what to say. How much your sponsor gave you to sell your right since 1999 and those people liked your senseless comment. Ask them in Singapore if they collect bribe before voting.

mhmm
professor politics.

ode

if u mention me again
u will lose your job.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Blessingbenson(f): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2018
During election/ voting time
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by tobestdegreat(m): 12:09am On Feb 22, 2018
a country that is too religious like Nigeria cannot progress beyond Singapore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Paulcoker(m): 2:24am On Feb 22, 2018
God revealed to me that Singapore is where he wants to use me. Am relocating soon
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by spanzed(m): 2:49am On Feb 22, 2018
Pls anybody with knowledege of how singapore turned around her economy?
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Caseless: 3:43am On Feb 22, 2018
Goke7:
[s]Singapore is home to one of the fastest growing churches in the world led by Joseph Prince, Daddy freeze should try get sense abeg[/s]
trash!

Is that why their economy is all rosy , I mean , because of the fast growing churches?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Caseless: 3:47am On Feb 22, 2018
spanzed:
Pls anybody with knowledege of how singapore turned around her economy?
Lee kuan yew, just one visionary leader, changed their fortune forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ogene144(m): 3:49am On Feb 22, 2018
Niyinficient:
Freeze is actually losing nuts....is Buddism not a religion? He should go and read about doctrines practiced by Buddist instead of him ranting on SM. AT times i wonder how unlearned some so-called educated people can be.

Whats his problem with people who have chosen a particular faith? All to remain relevant sha!
it is only a wise one dat wil knw that wil knws and understand what Daddy Freeze is saying pls have sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ogene144(m): 3:49am On Feb 22, 2018
Niyinficient:

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by agarawu23(m): 5:43am On Feb 22, 2018
Nigeria can give her citizens 1m each and still have a lot left. angry Fvcked country
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ArikeBooks: 6:00am On Feb 22, 2018
AryaSand:
Shey all these countries have two heads ni? Here, it is snakes and Monkeys that are busy swallowing money.

Abi o... #NAIJAWhichWay
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by laliga01: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2018
What impress me is the ideology and method of sharing based on your income which I think is a nice one.
Am beginning to think this Christian and Islam people way too over rated. If a bhuddist can think of this, am wondering why the highly rated Christians and Islam's will be carry quoran n bible head but no action.
People just criticize daddy freeze for nothing, look closely at his statements, he is not always far from the truth if not the truth.

exlinkleads:
Singapore To Give Citizens Above 21yrs A Sum Of $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget - Freeze Reacts

Singapore is an example of a nation that became something out of nothing. Out of just good managerial kills and political will, Singapore was able to turn their already doomed future around in the 70s and they have not become a country to recon with.

Singapore announces plan to pay bonus to all citizens after surplus budget of almost $7.6 billion. All Singapore citizens aged 21 and above will get a one-off “SG Bonus” of up to S$300 each as the 2017 budget came in with a surplus of almost S$10 billion (US $7.6 billion).

Finance minister Heng Swee Keat made the announcement during his budget speech in Parliament, describing the bonus as a “hongbao”, the Mandarin word for a monetary gift given on special occasions. He said this “reflects the government’s long-standing commitment to share of the fruits of Singapore’s development with Singaporeans”, according to Channel News Asia.

The “SG Bonus” will cost the government S$700 million (US $533 million). The bonus will be paid according to people’s accessible income. About 2.7 million people will get the payouts, which are due by the end of 2018. Those with an income of S$28,000 or below will be eligible to receive S$300, those whose incomes ranging from S$28,001 to S$100,000 will receive S$200, and those with incomes in excess of S$100,000 will receive S$100.

Singapore’s revised budget for fiscal 2017 showed a surplus of S$9.61 billion, thanks to contributions from statutory boards and higher-than-expected stamp duty. The surplus will also be used in other ways. Heng said S$5 billion will be set aside for the Rail Infrastructure Fund to save up for new railway lines that Singapore is building. Another S$2 billion will be set aside for premium subsidies and other forms of support for Eldershield, an insurance scheme that helps senior citizens with severe disabilities to cope with the financial demands of their daily care.

Singapore became an independent republic in August 9th, 1965. Facing severe unemployment and a housing crisis, Singapore embarked on a modernization programme beginning in the late 1960s through the 1970s that focused on establishing a manufacturing industry, developing large public housing estates and investing heavily on public education.

By the 1990, the country had become one of the world's most prosperous nations, with a highly developed free market economy, strong international trading links, and the highest per capita gross domestic product in Asia outside Japan.

Daddy Freeze reacted to the news as follow;

Ironically, Singapore is a predominantly Buddhist nation and they are sharing the equivalent of N100k ($300) to every adult citizen after surplus budget.

All these were achieved without tithing or 50day fasts! Nigerias please learn from this! When some Goat overseers decided to gather to pray for Nigeria I knew that our foolishness had reached its all time peak!

I think is high time Nigeria and Nigerians put the issue of religion in perspective in other to grow.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/02/singapore-to-give-citizens-above-21yrs.html

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ogunjobiolaide: 6:54am On Feb 22, 2018
Goke7:
Singapore is home to one of the fastest growing churches in the world led by Joseph Prince, Daddy freeze should try get sense abeg
Guy u get prob o, wat dat as to do with economic situation of a country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by nduchucks: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2018
Let it be known to our uninformed youths that civil servants in Nigeria received similar distributions which was called Udoji awards.

Nigeria will regain its greatness soon after the failed looting generation of leaders die off on the next 10 or so years.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by CioAngels(f): 7:59am On Feb 22, 2018
Nigerian leaders are simply wicked and shameless, armed robbers that's who they are. Greedy and selfish.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by princejayboss: 8:12am On Feb 22, 2018
Singapore is a success story of what a divided Nigeria could have been; one Biafra goes; there will be a competition among the old Nigeria state there by providing economic growth to each smaller nation.

We must remember that Malaysia unanimously sent Singapore packaging from the union; 30 years later; I wonder who is the boss
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by SouthSouth1914: 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
able20:

They have to kill all citizens that support corrupt politicians past and present. citizens make corrupt politicians to grow Luxuriantly.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Lomprico2: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Goke7:
Singapore is home to one of the fastest growing churches in the world led by Joseph Prince, Daddy freeze should try get sense abeg

What is the correlation with this bullshit u just typed?
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 24, 2018
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths / Zelenskyy Calls NATO Weak And Confused / Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.