Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

Antonio Conte Says He Needs To Settle Differences With Chelsea Board To Stay - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Antonio Conte Says He Needs To Settle Differences With Chelsea Board To Stay (354 Views)

Chelsea Must Think 'three Times' Before Sacking Conte, Says Vialli / Conte Says I Do Let Morata Marry My Daughter! / FOOTBALL: Conte Says Barkley Rumour Is Ridiculous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Says He Needs To Settle Differences With Chelsea Board To Stay by salau01(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
Antonio Conte has admitted he would need to settle his differences with the Chelsea board if he is to see out the final year of his contract but would expect “several different scenarios” to open up at rival clubs should he depart in the summer.

Conte masterminded an impressive display in Tuesday’s Champions League last-16 draw against Barcelona, when Chelsea were the more threatening side despite the visitors’ monopoly on possession.

The Chelsea manager has seemed calmer over recent weeks after months of stuttering results and (largely recruitment-based) disputes behind the scenes, and he was back to his firebrand best on the touchline.
Lionel Messi breaks the shackles and his non-existent Chelsea hoodoo
Barney Ronay at Stamford Bridge
Barney Ronay
Read more

He described the performance as “almost the perfect game” but talk quickly drifted back to the 48-year-old’s future when he was interviewed by the Italian media. “In 14 years, Chelsea have changed coach 10 times, so they do have a tendency to chop and change here,” he told Mediaset Premium. “The media plays on this when the results are negative and they were already talking about me getting sacked after we lost the first game of the season to Burnley.

“But it’s no problem for me. In fact, I really like pressure. I just hope it doesn’t affect the players. In our line of work, we always have a bag packed. My intention is to remain here but if something were to change, there would be several different scenarios opening up.

“It’s no problem for me. I have said very clearly I have a contract to 2019 and I intend to respect it but anything can happen in football. I’m happy here but, to move forward with the marriage, everyone needs to be in agreement. All parties must be happy.”

The Italian Football Federation has expressed an interest in reappointing Conte as Italy’s manager, though he is more likely to remain in the club game if as expected, given his tempestuous relationship with the board, he leaves Stamford Bridge early. There could be openings in the summer at Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and both Milan clubs, positions he would surely find tempting.
Since you’re here …

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Goes Rock Bottom As Mancity Triples The Win / Make Your Selections Before Odds Are Reduced / I Will Never Be Friends With Conte - Mourinho Hints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.