Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career (24359 Views)

I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / Morenike Victory Victor-Banjo Made 9A1 In WAEC And 335 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by omotolaolaitan(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2018
a great food for thought realy wish all young ladies would learn from this
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Dammylois(f): 7:53am On Feb 22, 2018
You think it's 'independence' that make your children reply after two whole weeks when they are busy chatting significant others up every hour? This woman must be in a denial state......cos I don't think any child will lv her parents' message unattended to that long

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Enoquin(f): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

You don't start a family when you know you will not be family oriented.

Societal pressure force a lot of people into doing what they shouldn't be doing, very few can damn society.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by DSDLIVEREPORT: 7:55am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=dominique post=65270776]

How many men put their lives on hold for their wives' career? If you're talking about the momentary aspect, that's hardly hardly a sacrifice because money can still be replaced but lost time can never be

Bros some very rare men are the women of the house .Money childcare cooking everything na them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by naturalwaves: 7:55am On Feb 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
A professor without sense. Such species are typically found in Nigeria
Yeah. She is senseless, pound, cunning and very deceitful. Looking at her picture, you could tell the kind of individual she is. Such a shame!
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by bukatyne(f): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2018
Well Prof, even women who sat all their lives at home have 'independent' kids if they do not bond well in the pre-teen stage.

What I don't understand is why she divorced her husband if he was already holding the home front in her absence.

And I don't think this interview was necessary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Alphagan(m): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2018
Enoquin:
You all need to learn and respect the fact that not everyone is family oriented. Stop trying to project your own beliefs and feelings on another person because while backgrounds might be similar, experiences and the lessons you learn from that will not be, which is how we have all come to be different.

Why did she get married when she knew from the outset that she was not a family person? Marriage is not by force, why bringing innocent children from heaven to make them suffer the trauma of "zero motherless care" ? She should have stayed single and face her career from the get go

Selfish woman!!!

3 Likes

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Oluhills007: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2018
dominique:
Before fellas start dancing on this thread, read this

Shes not sad about the marriage loss but how independent her children has become and are hardly involving her in their lives. If she was to turn back the hands of time, she will still pick her career but raise her children differently. Marriage must never be a woman's biggest achievement in life.
see in my little experience in life I have come to discover that marriage institution is so sacred that if you mess with it or sacrifice your marriage on the alter of anything it will come back to take a big chunk out of your ass...its is better you don't get married at all than get married and play with it....see that woman is seriously lonely...that's her problem..nothing is this life can replace..marriage or relationship... Whichever path you choose..she divorced her husband who should be her companion right now..now she is feeling lonely...you can't understand the value of relationships and love until you grow older and you don't see anybody to call you and ask how are you doing.... I mean people who call you because they love you..not because you are their boss..or because they want a favour from you..the person who should fill that gap is her husband who she divorced...whether she likes it or not...kids grow up and leave their parents...she may not even develop a great relationship with her kids..to the extent that her kids would not even know what to say when they see her or see her calls....like when you meeting a stranger for the first time...so no one should sacrifice family... On the alter of career...same goes for a man too if you treat your wife badly because of career or anything you will regret it later in life...because after a while...your career will leave you even if you don't want to leave it.....you will remain only with people whom you love...I know of many men and women who died in their houses for about 4 days without anybody knowing you can read about prof ilemobade a former vice chancellor of futa..if you thinknam lying....there are a lot of people like that....no husband, no wife, no children... Nothing...they perhaps were the best workers in their company back then.....relationships are sacrosant

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by eldav(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2018
You send them messages and it takes them 2 weeks to reply? That's not normal. No matter how busy they are, as long as they know that their primary means of communication with their mother is through chatting, they will always check.

By the way, no matter how busy one is, they can't take two weeks to reply a loved one. Just saying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 22, 2018
naturalwaves:

Is it about dancing about the thread or about pointing out the facts? You lot have a serious problem. See the direction you took it to. Her write up is laced with regrets and it is obvious she is so full of herself. Aside that, she is cunning and a foool for saying her children have become too independent. Does the illustration paint independence or lack of respect and disappointments?? If your children do not call you nor respond to your message in good time, it means they lack respect for you and care less about you not independent. So, Miss woman crusader, read well before you spill jargons next time.

More or less like ' you are not a priority' kinda altitude. And don't be surprise there is another woman some where Who raise them that they call mother and treat as one, with all love a mother can get, because she was there for them.
I have friends like that and now I am begining to understand why they act the way they do towards their biological mother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by eyinjuege: 8:07am On Feb 22, 2018
Marriage is not for everyone.
No need using panadol for another person's headache, or crying more than the bereaved.
She's happy the way her life turned out, good for her. Her life, her problem, her children.

2 Likes

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by timay(m): 8:09am On Feb 22, 2018
eldav:

You send them messages and it takes them 2 weeks to reply? That's not normal. No matter how busy they are, as long as they know that their primary means of communication with their mother is through chatting, they will always check.

By the way, no matter how busy one is, they can't take two weeks to reply a loved one. Just saying

First stage of grief; DENIAL.
The woman doesn't want to accept the fact that her children doesn't care about her, and that she has been ABANDONED by them, but choose to say that it is because they are INDEPENDENT.

The prof should better wake up to that reality, and start taking some rebuilding steps to correct her relationship with her children.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2018
dominique:

Shes not sad about the marriage loss but how independent her children has become and are hardly involving her in their lives. If she was to turn back the hands of time, she will still pick her career but raise her children differently. Marriage must never be a woman's biggest achievement in life.
Haba Domi, you can do better than this. You really expected an egocentric woman to come public and declare that she regrets divorcing her husband? No now. You should be the one to discern it from the write up.

Here's the reality, she had a good husband but preferred her job, she divorced him and got custody of the kids(the man was definitely heartbroken but it doesn't matter to Domique since he doesn't have a vagina). First thing to note here is that she fail to run a home and career without letting one get in the way of the other.

Now the only way she communicates with her kids in via whatsapp and texts and it takes them weeks to reply. Obviously she also failed to bond with her kids. So we have here, a woman who failed to keep her marriage and also failed to raise her kids the way she had wanted. The only thing she knows how to do is make money and take care of herself, which makes me wonder why the husband didn't divorce her first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by lastempero: 8:14am On Feb 22, 2018
Why is she complaining about her children not involving her in their life,when u divorce ur husband for a useless career iam sure that can't afford one million naira in your account every month u didn't consider them.u altered their life by not giving them that father n mother oriented family.please enjoy ur career ma professor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 22, 2018
dominique:

Preach!!
They way people go on about marriage these days like it's life and death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Johnnyessence(m): 8:14am On Feb 22, 2018
sunbilor:
Madam pride is what made her claim she did not regret divorcing her husband. I'm sure you skipped where she mentioned her husband holding the home front for her and yet she went ahead to divorce him.

She will get all the money, name and accolades. Pile them up beside her one day and reminisce over her life. Then you will get her true confession. She is an irresponsible woman.

Her mode of communication with her children- WhatsApp and texts depicts how self-centred and uncaring she is.

I know someone who at 72 years, and having 6 male children who are all professionals in Europe and America, is seeking for a wife now! All his children do not see him and his properties in Nigeria as worth their time!

She is successful in her career and a failure at the home front.

please and please advise Dominique, she still need more advice.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by tete7000(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2018
People can deceive themselves, she didn't regret choosing career over family, yet it is painful she lost her children. Pride and ego stands always in the way of people making objective assessment of their lives. Most times, many things in life is give and take. You pick one to lose the others. Wisdom is in knowing what to pick and what to lose. Many won't realise you should never lose at the family front until they are well advanced in age and in need of total dependence on their children. When at that time they have no child around to support them and are left isolated, dejected and depressed, they will come to realise they made a bad choice. Retirement will come, career will be gone but place of children in life will remain for lifetime unfilled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by eldav(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2018
timay:

First stage of grief; DENIAL.
The woman doesn't want to accept the fact that her children doesn't care about her, and that she has been ABANDONED by them, but choose to say that it is because they are INDEPENDENT.

The prof should better wake up to that reality, and start taking some rebuilding steps to correct her relationship with her children.

Don't be surprised if the said "two weeks replying children" actually SPEAK to their father almost everyday, not even chatting.

Some women just forget what's important and chase after things that won't matter in the long run. Now she has all the degrees, let them warm her bed at night. Let those degrees call her and ask how she is doing and invite her to come for holidays.

Some are busy forming girl power and later on start acting like no one wants them. That's why I rarely argue with any feminist. they will know what's up much later, no time to talk sense Into anyone when TIME will do the talking.

Did anyone really expect her to say she has any regret? If na you you go agree say you mess up? Lol.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Gourdoinc(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2018
foolish illogical women will come and masturbated on this thread. because majority are so dull they can't comprehend hidden messages. the woman has achieved in her career and yet she feels empty. no children to need her, no husband to need her, retirement is approaching and likely no man is even interested in anything she has to offer.

you haven't lived and be useless to feel deep seated regret that life has been for nothing. marriage is about family and having a companion in old age. I will see how she will work that out. a common associate professor and not even yet a professor. stupid woman

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Belafonte(m): 8:20am On Feb 22, 2018
bukatyne:
Well Prof, even women who sat all their lives at home have 'independent' kids if they do not bond well in the pre-teen stage.

What I don't understand is why she divorced her husband if he was already holding the home front in her absence.

True.

So, she could have time to do things that being married would restrict her from, ie, things married D women shouldn't be doing. Absolutely nothing to do with her career. She was not marriage material basically.

Oh, it's an absolutely necessary interview. More and more women are becoming like this woman since women began to see the light. It let's us guys know that marriage isn't really the ultimate and isn't really the big deal it used to be. Women think there's no pressure on men to get married. This interview empowers men with the wisdom to handle that pressure and avoid marriage altogether if they are so inclined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by tete7000(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2018
bukatyne:

There are times in life you just need to talk to get some relief from inner pain. You can't understand how much pain that issue brings to her life until you wear her shoe. Let her bear her mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 22, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

You are objective. If I read your response I won't have written mine .This woman is making me have a rethink now .Bc right now I am holding forte. Self centred women . Then when she is in need of a partner she looks for a younger partner after using the man battered
Don't do it. Someone did that and regretted it full-time. Your woman's mission must be derived from your vision. If she insists otherwise let her go.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by sundayanthony: 8:24am On Feb 22, 2018
She has never achieved anything.She is a total failure.There is nothing to learn from her.Am just hearing her name for the first time in my life.So she is not even popular at all.Don't worry madam you will get to a point that you will call any of your children and say it to your face to be independent.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Mbediogu(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2018
FAMILY IS EVERYTHING! YOU SACRIFICED THE HEAD TO SAVE THE HAIR AND WEAVE-ON. UNFORTUNATELY MORE REGRETS AWAIT YOU THOUGH YOU DID WELL IN YOUR CARRIER .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Martin0(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2018
trustyshoess:

Preach!!
They way people go on about marriage these days like it's life and death.

shuuu
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Belafonte(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2018
Do the foolish women on this thread know what it means to have to speak with your children only via WhatsApp? Not only that, they have to wait two weeks to reply a text that should take seconds to reply? Lol.

She has no relationship with her children and because of choices she made. She didn't have an abusive husband, he treated her right and was good to her children and she still divorced him for nothing. She sacrificed her home for career and she's not even top ten in her field. Lol. What a silly trade off.For that amount of sacrifice she should be the Oprah of her discipline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by laydoh(m): 8:30am On Feb 22, 2018
wat shud we call this woman nw,mother or wat.which mother will choose career over her own kids,vanity.what if the father is nt a responsible one,then the kids will have no guidance and no homebringing whatsoever.hen better pass her.she isnt even worth the replies self coz she is irrelevant to them.she should go and marry and career that she love so much.loneliness go kill,if u look around and there is no one to lean on.To all the real diamonds out there,i salute you real mothers jawe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Confor(m): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2018
dominique:

Hello Aunty, marriage should be a biggest achievement in every woman's live just because you are going to raise a NATION and not just a home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by ayus7(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2018
Upon all na still associate prof, smh. Why did she get married at all when she knew herself as career-oriented. she is now complaining to who. Wetin go still bite am pass dis one wey she dey complain about now o, she neva start! Nd contrary to what she might be thinking, her children re nt too independent, they just no get her time cos I'm sure they will relate wt their father better. Congrats, Madam Career!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:35am On Feb 22, 2018
Enoquin:

Societal pressure force a lot of people into doing what they shouldn't be doing, very few can damn society.

Culture and respect for family is not really easy to damn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Adekdammy: 8:35am On Feb 22, 2018
Why would they need you around when you were never there for then.

Se bi them still they reply your text after two weeks wait till you retire, reality will now dawn on you that career can't cure loneliness.

The truth is those kids would always need their father around because he was always there for them.

Lesson learnt: one needs to properly balance family and career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2018
Martin0:

shuuu
Lol what? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WAEC Releases SSCE 2020 Results / Olumide Akinyemi Bags First Class From Finnish University, Graduates As The Best / Charles Jide-Oni: OAU Disowns ‘Professor’ Arraigned For Fraud By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.