Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101613 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

So you are guaranteed a job in Nigeria after graduation?

At least I would use up 1 million for a masters (worse case scenario) and save the remaining 7 million for a business in Nigeria. That way, I would even become a provider of labour.

Now, do you understand what the thread truly is about? Tbf, I’m not sure I care anymore if you do, because it’s pretty obvious you want to misconstrue the intentions of this thread.

Since the UK govt owes us nothing, let my people sit at home or go to a country that will allow them work. The UK should keep its education to itself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TWoods(m): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

*holds mic* THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE BEEN SAYING!

justwise you are far smarter than this! Isn’t this what we have been saying since?, “Don’t go to the UK cos you can’t work without a sponsorship, go elsewhere!”

I’m really tired of the pointless argument!

The problem is that the entire thread was pointless in the first place. The thread started as a screed about how England has restricted access to the job market for international students who have spent millions to acquire an education... hmmm when did England owe you the right to live and work within its borders? Hasn't that ALWAYS been clearly spelled out during the visa application process?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BossLaifay(f): 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

So you are guaranteed a job in Nigeria after graduation?
No. Not guaranteed a job but guaranteed the same opportunity! If u are now a slowpoke and cannot pass tests and interviews then that's ur luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
BossLaifay:
No. Not guaranteed a job but guaranteed the same opportunity! If u are now a slowpoke and cannot pass tests and interviews then that's ur luck!

You are guaranteed equal opportunity in Nigeria? Which Nigeria are you referring to?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
TWoods:

The problem is that the entire thread was pointless in the first place. The thread started as a screed about how England has restricted access to the job market for international students who have spent millions to acquire an education... hmmm when did England owe you the right to live and work within its borders? Hasn't that ALWAYS been clearly spelled out during the visa application process?

Aren’t you in America or the UK already? That’s probably why you don’t understand the thread, but don’t worry, The people that the message is intended for are now completely aware that the UK owes them nothing, so now they can go back to the drawing board and assess whether studying in the UK only to return to nigeria to count cars is really worth it.

I’m basically reiterating what the visa says to people- “study visa not work visa”!

Have a lovely night rest sir.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

At least I would use up 1 million for a masters (worse case scenario) and save the remaining 7 million for a business in Nigeria. That way, I would even become a provider of labour.

Now, do you understand what the thread truly is about? Tbf, I’m not sure I care anymore if you do, because it’s pretty obvious you want to misconstrue the intentions of this thread.

Since the UK govt owes us nothing, let my people sit at home or go to a country that will allow them work. The UK should keep its education to itself.

You should have done that before coming to the UK to waste your money and time
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BossLaifay(f): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

You are guaranteed equal opportunity in Nigeria? Which Nigeria are you referring to?
Lol. I'm literally rolling! This very Nigeria that I am in!
I and a gazillion other people I know have gotten fine jobs in this naija on merit! But I believe u believe all of naija is man know man......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BossLaifay(f): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Exactly why we are now trying to enlighten others not to make the same mistake ooooo!!!! Abi person nor dry make mistake for where u dey? And if they do make the mistake make Dem nor advice others? What's really u guys problem?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
BossLaifay:
Lol. I'm literally rolling! This very Nigeria that I am in!
I and a gazillion other people I know have gotten fine jobs in this naija on merit! But I believe u believe all of naija is man know man......

Lol.. millions of graduates roaming around Nigerian streets jobless and you are here typing this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BossLaifay(f): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Lol.. millions of graduates roaming around Nigerian streets jobless and you are here typing this?
Ohhhhh so u see as e dry be? And ure here spewing that people should come to the UK to study and not to expect to be hired!
To waste millions of naira only to join other graduates roaming the Nigerian streets on their return.
Are u not contradicting urself?
Isn't it better for them to look for a country to study and get some small experience and possible residency?
I don't understand you Mr Justwise

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
BossLaifay:
Ohhhhh so u see as e dry be? And ure here spewing that people should come to the UK to study and not to expect to be hired!
To waste millions of naira only to join other graduates roaming the Nigerian streets on their return.
Are u not contradicting urself?
Isn't it better for them to look for a country to study and get some small experience and possible residency?
I don't understand you Mr Justwise

The U k gives you the opportunity to work if you have what it takes, again why did you not go to those countries where job opportunities and residency is guaranteed?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BossLaifay(f): 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

The U k gives you the opportunity to work if you have what it takes, again why did you not go to those countries where job opportunities and residency is guaranteed?
And I already said that was my mistake! Hence why I am vehemently in this. To enlighten others!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
BossLaifay:
And I already said that was my mistake! Hence why I am vehemently in this. To enlighten others!

Good luck with that.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
Berliner1:
Uk is a dryland.

They are theifs and rogues who enjoy exploiting other countries like Nigeria, india etc.

Come to Germany(Free education and Numerous student jobs),Canada(Point base PR), Australia(Blood money wealth).

Uk government want your money but they hate you.

herzlich willkommen von deutschland.
Guten tag, wie geht est dir?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Yeah I should have, that’s why I’m advising others to rethink.

Understood? Good!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Yeah I should have, that’s why I’m advising others to rethink.

Understood? Good!

..yea and also tell them that its possible to get a job but it did not workout for you.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Duh! That is kinda what the thread is about, uncle. Now I believe saouri, you are just doing this for attention! You’re literally contradicting yourself all in one thread.

And no, the UK doesn’t give you the opportunity to work, that’s a fact, as organisations have limited slots for foreigners and pay huge taxes to keep the foreigners, so organisations would rather use the slots for experienced professionals.

Don’t believe me, that’s fine, argue with me when you do a master’s between 2014 and 2017! And if you don’t like my fact, come and beat me in my house!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Duh! That is kinda what the thread is about, uncle. Now I believe saouri, you are just doing this for attention! You’re literally contradicting yourself all in one thread.

And no, the UK doesn’t give you the opportunity to work, that’s a fact, as organisations have limited slots for foreigners and pay huge taxes to keep the foreigners, so organisations would rather use the slots for experienced professionals.

Don’t believe me, that’s fine, argue with me when you do a master’s between 2014 and 2017! And if you don’t like my fact, come and beat me in my house!

They do but it did not work out for you.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

..yea and also tell them that its possible to get a job but it did not workout for you.

They are not stupid, the same way you know that it didn’t work out for me is how they would know.

Until the UK relaxes their sponsorship requirements and increases the sponsorship slots for organisations, it should be the last destination for all Nigerian students! And bet me, they would relax the employment laws because they need the internationals students to keep going to their country.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

They do but it did not work out for you.

Silly!

I get offered 45k jobs on a weekly basis because of my expertise, degree, credentials and the fact that I don’t need a sponsor. Like, I literally have to mail them apologising that I’m not in the UK at the moment.

You can insist on what you want to believe, that’s ok, but saying that it didn’t work out for me without acknowledging the fact that it didn’t work out because I needed a sponsor shows a funny level of intelligence. Show this thread to the sweetheart that got the Barclays job, I’m sure she’s smart enough to interpret the thread for you.

I mean, if it couldn’t work out for someone that got a personal recommendation from a Prof emerita to work at an IT company, I don’t know who it can work out for.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

They are not stupid, the same way you know that it didn’t work out for me is how they would know.

Until the UK relaxes their sponsorship requirements and increases the sponsorship slots for organisations, it should be the last destination for all Nigerian students! And bet me, they would relax the employment laws because they need the internationals students to keep going to their country.

Cheers!

Good, invest your money in universities in Nigeria and let the UK sort itself out.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 11:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Silly!

I get offered 45k jobs on a weekly basis because of my expertise, degree, credentials and the fact that I don’t need a sponsor. Like, I literally have to mail them apologising that I’m not in the UK at the moment.

You can insist on what you want to believe, that’s ok, but saying that it didn’t work out for me without acknowledging the fact that it didn’t work out then because I needed a sponsor shows a funny level of intelligence.Show this thread to the sweetheart that got the Barclays job, I’m sure she’s smart enough to interpret the thread for you.

I mean, if it couldn’t work out for someone jay got a personal recommendation from a Prof emerita to work at an IT company, I don’t know who it can work out for.

grin grin grin dream is such a wonderful thing you know?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:
Yes that is why you should read read and read then PLAN!!! before you invest your money either in education or business.

Did you do your research before coming to the UK?

You have no right to insult the British govt because they are not under any obligation to provide job for you.

You pay the school fees and you get the qualification..end of the deal, whatever comes after that is just act of generosity.
I am still trying to find out the reason for your angst. undecided The OP as well as a few others have made their points clear, about how the lack of job opportunities in the the UK after graduation, does not make studying in the UK an attractive option, especially after paying those huge fees for their degree programmes - degrees which could also be acquired elsewhere, at a cheaper cost.

Probably because UK schools do NOT stress this aspect enough during the application process, a lot of people may still have a wrong impression about the possibilities of working there, after graduation. Now that a searchlight is being beamed on this aspect, some of you chaps are getting worked up because you see it as a slight on your dear revered Great Britain. Why? I believe all schools should include a caveat in their prospectus/brochure that says international students will NOT get jobs on graduation, except if they have studied medicine or engineering. That way, everyone is on the same page.... sad my 2 cents!

Aphrodite007:

Cheers!

Yeah....attending UK schools should NOT be a priority for Nigerian students at this time, especially when there are equally good and cheaper alternatives in other countries. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by dustydee: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

You are contradicting your own beer parlour statistics, tell me where that statistics is published.

You don't start looking for a job after graduation, your job hunt starts after your last semester, basically while you are writing your last project.

There are job seminars everywhere if you spent your time wisely and not on dating websites or night club looking for granny to marry you.

If you have failed woefully to get one there are people who were able to secure one and their Msc certificate is pretty useful
This is the mistake a lot of students make when they get to the UK. Your job search starts as soon as you finish your registration and start your first semester. Most graduate jobs are filled by January of the year after you start. If you wait to start after your second semester exams:
1. Most big companies that sponsor would have filled their vacancies
2. You may not have enough time to go through the interview process and necessary paper work before your student visa expires.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:
Yes that is why you should read read and read then PLAN!!! before you invest your money either in education or business.

Did you do your research before coming to the UK?

You have no right to insult the British govt because they are not under any obligation to provide job for you.

You pay the school fees and you get the qualification..end of the deal, whatever comes after that is just act of generosity.

All hail the defender of the British universe!! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 11:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
LaudableXX:

I am still trying to find out the reason for your angst. undecided The OP as well as a few others have made their points clear, about how the lack of job opportunities in the the UK after graduation, does not make studying in the UK an attractive option, especially after paying those huge fees for their degree programmes - degrees which could also be acquired elsewhere, at a cheaper cost.

Probably because UK schools do NOT stress this aspect enough during the application process, a lot of people may stil have a wrong impression about the possibilities of working there, after graduation. Now that a searchlight is being beamed on this aspect, some of you chaps are getting worked up because you see it as a slight on your dear revered Great Britain. Why? I believe all schools should include a caveat in their prospectus/brochure that says international students will NOT get jobs on graduation, except if they have studied medicine or engineering. That way, everyone is on the same page.... sad my 2 cents!

Yeah....attending UK schools should NOT be a priority for Nigerian students at this time, especially when there are equally good and cheaper alternatives in other countries. undecided

Keep trying you eventual get your head around it, couldn't make myself any clearer.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
LaudableXX:

All hail the defender of the British universe!! cheesy

Yup!
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
BossLaifay:
I have been following and even just went to read his initial post again! He said u will not be given the opportunity to work after studies so better try other countries that would do so. Abi am I getting dense? Cos this is what I grabbed from his write up.
But I guess its a case of half empty half full-people would see what they choose to see.
Abi, o! So you sef see am? shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TWoods(m): 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Aren’t you in America or the UK already? That’s probably why you don’t understand the thread, but don’t worry, The people that the message is intended for are now completely aware that the UK owes them nothing, so now they can go back to the drawing board and assess whether studying in the UK only to return to nigeria to count cars is really worth it.

I’m basically reiterating what the visa says to people- “study visa not work visa”!

Have a lovely night rest sir.

I get your point but I think its rather misplaced. The UK government makes it clear that a study visa is a temporary visa, obtained only for the purpose of studying in the UK, after which you are expected to return to your home country. No where is there any expectation that you will be allowed to stay permanently or get a job. The basic premise of a non-immigrant visa is that it is TEMPORARY and that the UK provides you no guarantees of "return on your investment". On that basis, I struggle to see why the thread is relevant at all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
TWoods:

Ooops! Here comes another defender of the British universe and its sibling, the UK government. undecided This thread is NOT pointless. It is meant to educate and inform people, about what happens next after they have acquired those pricey degrees, from UK universities. If after reading over 18 pages of valid points from the OP, and different counter-arguments from others, you have NOT been able to decode the reason for the thread, then please go back to one of your UK schools and kindly take a refresher course in comprehension.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2018
BossLaifay:
Exactly why we are now trying to enlighten others not to make the same mistake ooooo!!!! Abi person nor dry make mistake for where u dey? And if they do make the mistake make Dem nor advice others? What's really u guys problem?
He is upset, because people have exposed the hypocritical side of his beloved UK govt, and its' policies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:
Duh! sad The chances are very slim, and the opportunity to get a job is only restricted to a few who have studied medicine, engineering, IT-related courses etc., and NOT to most people who come to study in the UK. Duh!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.