Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101926 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ishilove:

False, because people have gotten tired of uninspiring reptile stories so threads like this attract more views and comments. grin

That is not true, the thread about the snake that swallowed 36K received more attention and likes grin
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

That girl is a guru! My regards to her please. I wrote their numerical tests and all I could think of was “are you bleeping kidding me?!!”. I closed the page Cos my expertise pays double what she’s earning in Barclays.

Anyway, you do realise that every company has a limited number of people they can sponsor yeah? So what if the time I’m applying is when they suddenly need experienced professionals, would they pick me instead of them?

The point I’m trying to make is that provided you need to be sponsored, there’s a 1% chance of getting the job. Now that I don’t need sponsorship, how come I’m suddenly getting nocticed by employers? I just believe that if it's extremely difficult to get a job in the UK after school, people that hoped on getting a job should study else where. Shikena
There are ways round it trust me, U just have to speak to people in the know.When you live here long enough like I haveit will become very clear.There a several ways to make oneself employable even b4 u finish what U r studying,however entry level is always good but low paid.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Ishilove: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

That is not true, the thread about the snake that swallowed 36K received more attention and likes grin
Buhahahahahaha! That one is an exception because the snake had a human face. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
saouri:
You are an attention seeking BIGOT!!!

Geeeeez! If I haven't lived there I would even doubt my own post.
There are JAMAICANS up and down the UK.
You don't need to believe me, YOU JUST NEED TO GET OFF THIS PAGE smiley

Why are you so bothered? The person who got a job in BARCLAYS must have married someone with papers.
Barclays bank WILL NEVER EMPLOY A NIGERIAN DIRECTLY FROM NIGERIA despite having a branch in Lagos!
I even cited them in my original post...

Don't come here giving people false hope. Don't lie here. Nah.

START YOUR OWN THREAD LET US SEE HOW MUCH ATTENTION YOU CAN GET.
YOU DESPERATELY NEED IT...

@Aphrodite007 please ignore this one.

lol..another ignorant post from you, she is not even married to anybody let alone somebody with papers.

She got her Msc here in the UK and applied for job here without leaving the country.

You refused to do your homework.

Yes you will search for ages to come across a Jamaican foreign student in any university in the UK, very very insignificant number of them.

Me stating that does not make me a bigot, maybe you need to have a hard look at yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Olalekank(m): 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

My dear you can’t do anything, it’s heir country and their laws. Your own is just to pray that you get it before the whistle is blown.

You’re in IT so be rest assured that you are in demand in a lot of countries. Just focus on finishing first. Even if all the countries turn you down, Nigeria will welcome you. (But God will not let it get to the point of depending on Nigeria grin)

Little advice, try and get a security certification, project management cert, or BA cert if you are not programming savvy.
I pray make he whistle no blow o.
Oga mi. Thank you bro. I can get certification in the two self, I'm doing project management as a course this semester and it makes sense.

Which standard and internationally recognized certification can I get for
Project Management and Security.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ishilove:

Buhahahahahaha! That one is an exception because the snake had a human face. cheesy

..but at the end of day it still a snake grin
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

lol..another ignorant post from you, she is not even married to anybody let alone somebody with papers.

She got her Msc here in the UK and applied for job here without leaving the country.

You refused to do your homework.

Yes you will search for ages to come across a Jamaican foreign student in any university in the UK, very very insignificant number of them.

Me stating that does not make me a bigot, maybe you need to have a hard look at yourself.

Saouri sorry but you got it wrong here, just a bit. Barclay actually sponsor, heck all the banks in the UK sponsor yeah, they even employ 2.2 sometimes. The issue is them having a sponsorship slot for the prospective graduate staff. So Justwise is a bit right on this one, however your sentiments are valid, even if she was able to get in, it doesn’t mean a lot of people do, they could have had just one slot for a graduate and she must have excelled above her counterparts.

Also as the years go by, this brexit will force them to employ more foreigners than usual, because the EU people are leaving hence more jobs for foreigners.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Olalekank:

I pray make he whistle no blow o.
Oga mi. Thank you bro. I can get certification in the two self, I'm doing project management as a course this semester and it makes sense.

Which standard and internationally recognized certification can I get for
Project Management and Security.

For project Mgt, a prince2 is all you need if you intend to work in the UK (or EU) but if you intend to work in Nigeria, the americas or Oceania, you will need a PMP not prince2. Google these certifications.

For security, just google that but work towards getting a CISA, it’s gold for system/business analysts who want to enter into enterprise architecture.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

That only happens when your sole purpose was not to school.you read the rule dammit . So why cry ? ?
If you got here cos of work great but school . Go home after school

Means there are people that got there cos of work ryt?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

That's what happens when you sturdy Biz admin as 1st degree or computer science . .If you do your homework trust me U will get a Job b4 U even finish .

Hmm great points, what of Medicine pls?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Olalekank(m): 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

For project Mgt, a prince2 is all you need if you intend to work in the UK (or EU) but if you intend to work in Nigeria, the americas or Oceania, you will need a PMP not prince2. Google these certifications.

For security, just google that but work towards getting a CISA, it’s gold for system/business analysts who want to enter into enterprise architecture.
Thanks bruh.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
lebete3000:

Hmm great points, what of Medicine pls?
That goes without saying,SURE THING!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

Thank you jor .
They want the UK to employ mass com etc.when they have thier own employment problems . My advice to anyone who wants to study and work . Do your research . Study a course of which the UK have skill shortage . .If U do you will thank me later

Mention the skill shortage pls...
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Ishilove: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

..but at the end of day it still a snake grin
You have boxed me to a corner

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
lebete3000:

Means there are people that got there cos of work ryt?
Yes ie the OP,no home work done.However some people got married fru that and they got sorted as well, so nah to open eye grab the opportunity wey sure pass, stick wey U don see nor fit burst ur eye,U feeel me?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by willy2000(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

I think you are taking it out of context, I was responding to a specific post hence the link I posted here
http://www.visabureau.com/uk/shortage-occupations-list.aspx

the link you posted has Software Professionals (2132) on it. Do you know what that means?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
willy2000:

the link you posted has Software Professionals (2132) on it. Do you know what that means?
ofcos hence I said I was being quoted outta context, it did specify what ones as well, did U go into it?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by willy2000(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

ofcos hence I said I was being quoted outta context, it did specify what ones as well, did U go into it?

And you think Computer Science Graduates are not Software Developers or System Engineers?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by eleojo23: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
justi4jesu:

It is Were not Where....

It is Study and not sturdy...

It is Surgery and not Surggery... Habaaaa English 101 needs you.

I just can't overlook your write-up considering the fact you claim to work in the UK of all places to learn polished queens English. grin grin

Please don't take this as an insult, enroll for English 101 in the UK asap. cry cry cry cry

You couldn't take it anymore grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Bawss1(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Yes that is why you should read read and read then PLAN!!! before you invest your money either in education or business.

Did you do your research before coming to the UK?

You have no right to insult the British govt because they are not under any obligation to provide job for you.

You pay the school fees and you get the qualification..end of the deal, whatever comes after that is just act of generosity.

This post and the one above deserve a medal.

Too many people in this travel section who don't research properly before traveling overseas or have an inflated sense of entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
willy2000:

Did you also note that it has 4 schedules only
Moreso I was responding to the post stating there r more IT jobs in the skills shortfall than the Medical part of it, if U gt what I mean!
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by willy2000(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

Bro I nor know your line of argument, Im saying exactly same as you are saying,.If you plan to come to the UK study and gain employment afterwards, study something that will land you a JOB, not Biz Admin, COmp Science or Public Admin
This is what you wrote up there, Now explain this with what you are saying now

erico2k2:

Did you also note that it has 4 schedules only
Moreso I was responding to the post stating there r more IT jobs in the skills shortfall than the Medical part of it, if U gt what I mean!
Because I don't get what you mean.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
Bawss1:

This post and the one above deserve a medal.

Too many people in this travel section who don't research properly before traveling overseas or have an inflated sense of entitlement.
Thank You,this was how nxt yard to me in Ph the Landlord sent his Daughter to the Uk for masters, she finished no JOB came back, now trying to go US, I told them look wrong specification be well grounded on what you are going to study, Do not waste your Father's hard earned Monies,Times are very hard.I have put a link up there for those who want to come to the PLZ and PLZ you guys should go fru and see how you fit in.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

You’re smart, didn’t think you would get that!
While trying not to sound cocky, smart is an understatement tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by eleojo23: 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Despite all the arguments and counter arguments, I think the discerning ones have gotten the message.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
willy2000:
This is what you wrote up there, Now explain this with what you are saying now

Because I don't get what you mean.
OK, Im sure people with BSc COmp Science are in the House,let us wait for them to tell us how thier BSc will fit into these software prost listed (My Room mate back in the days at ESUTH was studying computer Science)I see his hand outs and text unless Im missing smthing
On your 2nd question someone stated there are more post in the skills shortfalls than in teh Medical side of it but from that list you can tell thats false.
PS Aphrodite007 has MSC in this field, Im sure She can tell us more, She did not even use this as a means to try and come to the UK, she is applying via her hubby as we speak!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Olalekank(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
eleojo23:
Despite all the arguments and counter arguments, I think the discerning ones have gotten the message.
People like me
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Feraz(m): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Both are amazing. I would advise Glasgow Cos more Nigerians are there so you won’t feel alone.
Thank you. smiley

Aphrodite007:

My dear you can’t do anything, it’s heir country and their laws. Your own is just to pray that you get it before the whistle is blown.

You’re in IT so be rest assured that you are in demand in a lot of countries. Just focus on finishing first. Even if all the countries turn you down, Nigeria will welcome you. (But God will not let it get to the point of depending on Nigeria grin)

Little advice, try and get a security certification, project management cert, or BA cert if you are not programming savvy.
The bolded is funny.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
omoiyamayor:
Have anyone ever thought about why they are desperate to leave the EU? I guess not. UK is targeted by most of the EU and being member of EU they can't equal rights with the rest,it's an agreement they had.let's be reasonable guys south Africa gives opportunity to SADC nations than to others.work on your ECOWAS or quit it

Pls how can one work on their ECOWAS? is it to make it more acceptable to SADC or what? And what do you mean by to quit it?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by willy2000(m): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
erico2k2:

OK, Im sure people with BSc COmp Science are in the House,let us wait for them to tell us how thier BSc will fit into these software prost listed (My Room mate back in the days at ESUTH was studying computer Science)I see his hand outs and text unless Im missing smthing
On your 2nd question someone stated there are more post in the skills shortfalls than in teh Medical side of it but from that list you can tell thats false.
PS Aphrodite007 has MSC in this field, Im sure She can tell us more, She did not even use this as a means to try and come to the UK, she is applying via her hubby as we speak!
Dude, I studied Computer Science and I am trying to educate you that Computer Science graduates can choose whatever niche they want after graduation. Software Development, Testing, Web DEv. System Engineering etc.
There is no University that will give a a degree in Web dev. or System Engineering.........

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.