Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

POUND OF FLESH (episode 2) Written By Tolulope Olulola - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / POUND OF FLESH (episode 2) Written By Tolulope Olulola (478 Views)

POUND OF FLESH (episode 3) Written By Tolulope Olulola / POUND OF FLESH (episode 1) Written By Tolulope Olulola / A Pound Of Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

POUND OF FLESH (episode 2) Written By Tolulope Olulola by ladewrites: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello house! Another episode of POUND OF FLESH is out now on my blog. To read it, click the link below

https://tolulade./pound-of-flesh-2/

Now below is a snippet from one of the scenes in this episode, enjoy...

Joe walked into Danny's lounge, Ikeja at about 8 p.m and almost ran outside. The air in the lounge was filled with cigarette smoke and the stench of alcohol. He stood at the door for a minute having a discussion with himself on whether to leave or stay. When he remembered why he left his house that night, he decided to stay.

He made his way past some drunken men gathered close to the door and walked right to the counter without looking at anyone’s face. He hit a young man holding a bottle on his way to the counter but he immediately apologized. He was new at the lounge and wanted to avoid getting into any kind of trouble on his first day.

Beckoning to the bartender, he pulled a stool empty of anyone on it and sat down. He requested for a bottle of Heineken and watched as the bartender fetched him a bottle and a glass cup.

"Joe?" Someone said placing a hand on his right arm, interrupting his observations of the bartender.

Joe wondered who it was that had called his name. He wasn’t expecting to meet any known person at the lounge and he was very much interested in knowing who it was that had called his name. He turned his head and opened his eyes wide in surprise when he saw who it was. "Cynthia?"

"Joe! Oh my days! Its you Joe!" The lady shouted excitedly. The bartender placed the bottle of Heineken and the glass cup before Joe and turned to attend to someone else.

Joe smiled. "Wow Cynthia, who knew I’d see you today?"

Oya what are you waiting for? Click the link above to read the full episode

(1) (Reply)

DELETED / Story Of Boys Who Became Men / Tis The Season For LOVE (A Nigerian Romance) - Part I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.