Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona (16906 Views)

Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix) / Enugu Doctor Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident 2 Months Before His Wedding (Pix) / Nnewi Auto Accident: 2 Students, 6 Others Die (Graphic Pix & video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by vanessaRN(f): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Mr Noel Ify Alomona is the CEO of Hope For Africa Children Initiative (HACI) an NGO that send children to school on scholarship.

wrote a touching tribute to the 7 seminarians who died in a fatal accident two years ago in Enugu state.

Read his touching tribute below.

Two Years in Mind – Brief and Painless!

I have been writing, but I couldn’t write anything on this subject since February 1st. So, the whole of today was not so wonderful for me. I tried to nibble some words on the paper but couldn’t. I thought it was my usual block; I went to bed, got up and tried again. But yet, the right words were not forthcoming. I just sat on my reading table at the study, my left hand supporting my jaw, with my eyes fixed steadily on the paper. At a point, I lost touch with the environment. I was lost in deep thought and before I knew what was up, I had soaked myself in tears.

Everything came alive at this point. I practically could visualize the moments preceding the accident of that black Monday. I remembered Michael’s and Emeka’s positions in the pew during Vespers, the night before. They were very unusual. I remember asking Michael if all was alright that night. I remembered how Agbo practically carried me upstairs on his back, after supper (same Sunday night). Joachim and Adah were so cool that night. And Dozie kept calling me “Ify B” while he went about doing his functions in the morning. Those were my personal experiences with these Heroes on the 21st February.

Though still fresh in my memory, but I don’t wish to recount the accident that claimed the lives of my Six Heroes. We come to terms with losses, but some of them we never get over. Their absence is one of those.

And then, in the midst of my grief today, I was faced with the daunting task of crafting a farewell note for these extraordinary friends of mine, who have gone before us marked with the sign of faith. They were the best of talents, great scholars and promising stars. As if they were handpicked, Emeka, Dozie, Mike, Adah, Agbo and Joachim were irreplaceable friends, and were all intellectual tour de force, whose loss leaves an enormous hole in the house and in the community.

Mike was a gentle soul – someone with all the time in the world for you, no matter who you are. He belonged to everyone and was very generous to a fault! Emeka, an all-rounder, was a jovial and multi-talented fellow. He was good at all the games you could think of. Dozie, the cool and very intelligent one (he taught me Latin and I had a Summa), compassionate and a good singer. Agbo Emmanuel, a brother, a close friend, a confidant, one of the best people I have ever known in life. Agbo’s generosity marveled me sometimes. Joachim, calm and collected – will always be remembered for his balance and poise, and his great curiosity – an intelligent leader. A finer fellow a person could not stop wanting to meet. Adah Emmanuel was a true definition of humanity. There was never a dull moment when Adah was around. I remember how he made the house lively with his thrilling jokes. In my life I am yet to meet a person greater than Adah – a selfless gentleman who cherished all people around him. It was easy to look up to Adah, he was a perfect human being.

I have been in deep thought through out today, and now I know that our life is an unavoidable journey towards death. Death is an inescapable reality, and for we who profess Christ, it is a necessity. It is a blow which visits every man once in a lifetime; an experience which all living beings must taste equally – rich and poor, great and small alike. No wonder it is called the great leveler. And on its universality, the psalmist probes “What man shall live and not see death?”

It’s Two Years already! Your demise shook the whole world. Your deaths were brutish but painless! Rest on brothers! I know you’re all in heaven. We may have parted now, but we will all meet to part no more. You will forever live in Our Hearts.

Hasta la Vista
Tchau
Adieu Mon Frere
Arrivederci

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/23/noel-ify-alumona-remembers-7-seminarians-died-auto-crash-2yrs-ago/

1 Like

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by salbis(m): 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
FTC back to back for the first time since 2009. Signs of good things to come i believe.
Rest in peace to these beautiful souls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by NwaAmaikpe: 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
shocked

Isn't this tribute belated and unnecessary?
Please allow these young men rest in peace and their memory die off.

This will evoke sad feelings in the hearts of their family and lovers.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by ResponsibleThug(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
cry
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by collinsJn(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Just Like Yesterday..... Strength To Their Loved Ones.....
RIP To Their Souls.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by midehi2(f): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Chai!
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by neolboy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
Keep resting in that Heavenly place

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in perfect peace

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Yinxies(f): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
So sad cry

Rest in perfect peace brothers

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Ayodejioak(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Been two years already? RIP!!

1 Like

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
They commited the journey into his hands he still failed dem. Wat a God
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Simplestone(f): 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2018
Rest in the bosom of the lord.
And to all nairalanders, untimely death is not our portion, our lives will not be cut short in our prime..By the mercies of the lord we will be alive to see the glorious ending of 2018 and 2018 will never see our end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by OnyeOGA(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This will evoke sad feelings in the hearts of the family and lovers.
so what's ur point

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by sexymoma(f): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
yeyerolling:
Wo whatever you like you write, see even if God doesn't exist, i'll still choose to follow him oo, let them say Jesus is just human, yes i agree, human that could raise the dead, Human that could heal a woman with the flow of blood, Human that could feed some thousands with just lil loafs of bread and lil fishes, even if you say jesus dey use juju, atleast him juju na original, nd he use am do better thing. u wey nor bliv abeg we don hear your name? lastly nor be one death go kill person ni?

6 Likes

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by dfriendlyadvice: 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
See may them souls rest in peace o

grin but the person wey put that grad pic for obituary has a sick sense of humour
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Paulpeterparker: 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
it is well
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by OnyeOGA(m): 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
"Life is Useless."-(Ecclesiastics 1)
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by HeyCorleone(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
yeyerolling:

Logical but unsound.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This will evoke sad feelings in the hearts of the family and lovers .

wink
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by kehindeasaolu(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
The same way He allowed Jesus to die for a beautiful and glorious purpose
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by kehindeasaolu(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Logical but unsound.
The same way He allowed Jesus to die for a glorious purpose
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by nifemi0776: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by chuksjuve(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
angry
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by odeade1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
bring your iTunes card now...
$1000 needed everyday
scam free....
don't come with fake cards
22,000/100$ card
isn't that cool
oya check my siggy
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by nonye6194: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
They set out to serve God at the sacrifice of many worldly possessions. today I believe they're in heaven serving God as they're more needed there. Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

1 Like

Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Pavore9: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
May their souls continue to rest in peace.
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by Apination(m): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
One of them was a junior in secondary school cry .May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by sandrahnaub(f): 4:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
So sad cry
Re: Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona by CORONATA(m): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Be consoled!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo / Fuel-Laden Tanker Falls, Spills Content On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.