Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April (22701 Views)

Americans React To J. Cole’s Lagos, Nigeria Performance / Ugandan Singer Begs Wizkid To Impregnate Her, Says "My Womb Is Ready" / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Ejadike(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
MrImole:

Likened?

One of your friends already said he's better than Mr Lamar.

BTW! What makes you think that I've never listened to any of his songs?

Is it because his songs do not appeal to me the way they do to you?
It happens though.
very true, you have a point there. One man's food is another's poison though.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by MrImole: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
Wazzaowner:

Will you keep quiet.. Jcole the best rapper In the world. I can just stp holding my fist after reading this post

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are not serious, are you?
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by ajas53: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
Download MP3 DJ Ice Flake – Season 95 ( Afro Sgubhu Flava) 2018 Here https://africjamz.com/dj-ice-flake-season-95-afro-sgubhu-flava-2018/
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
"for your eyes only" shara loju ota. J cole all the way.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Wazzaowner(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
Sofrosh:

What is Eminem then undecided undecided
Jcole and Eminem are two different rappers, its just like comparing Messi with David De gea
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by vosquare: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
How will you say j Cole is better that kendrick?.. Like, how?

Better lyricist - k dot
Better story - Cole
Better wordplays - k dot

Most of the people saying Cole is better is because they find it very easy to relate with Cole lyrics or maybe because Cole is not very fast, they love him

But kendrick?... Oh my... A line is powerful, not a song

Comparing their albums is enough

4 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Sofrosh(f): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Wazzaowner:

Jcole and Eminem are two different rappers, its just like comparing Messi with David De gea

How? Pls xplain better
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by victoralex(m): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Y the hype self... jcole is jst like sound sultan here in naija.. abeg eee
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
MrImole:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are not serious, are you?

That's the beauty of J.cole, he isn't for everyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
markdonpuzo:
J.Cole is a brilliant rapper, lyricist and producer. The only rapper who presently better than Kendrick. Prolific with words and thought.

#apparently
#Love yours

Jcole better than kendrick? Lol
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
vosquare:

Better lyricist - k dot
Better story - Cole
Better wordplays - k dot

Most of the people saying Cole is better is because they find it very easy to relate with Cole lyrics or maybe because Cole is not very fast, they love him

Kendrick is a better storyteller. Listen to duckworth, sing about me, etc. jcole is good but no where near kendrick

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Lexusgs430: 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2018
chidynks:
proves just one thing;.....
u are of this indomie generation....

Indomie generation because an artiste was mentioned that I have never heard off. And I decide to avail myself of his vibes?

So far, his leans towards rap genre. I am not a rapist.... Give me babyface, anytime......,
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Jwonder(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
So many ignorant people on this thread, if don't know who Jcole is then y bother comment, move on to another thread. You don't know real true hip hip if you don't love Jcole, he's the best storyteller after Nas, the guy is so dam good, the greatest rapper of this Generation, he isn't into secular music. Like he said in one of his songs, he doesn't do music for the clubs or parties but for your earphones, headphones and car stereo, SIT BACK RELAX AND LISTEN TO EVERY LYRICS..

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
I see young ignorant fellows on page 1 saying J Cole ain't a popular and good rapper.
Thats blasphemy.
Even God can't forgive that statement.
Wiz Kid and Davido don't deserve to be on the same stage with J Cole.
He is way outta their league.

8 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Diiike(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
2011- sideline story

2013- born sinner

2014- 2014 forrest hills drive ( 1st rap album to go platinum without features in 25 years)

2016- 4 your eyez only (certified platinum) without features

2018- hope he releases some HEATS for us its really COLD out here

6 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Pentools(m): 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
Cole world in Nigeria mehnnnnn!!! Its indeed going to be the most memorable event of the year, can't afford to miss it for anything... Thanks to castle lite....(Andre 3k, j.Cole, big Sean, Nas and kendrick Lamar the bests hip hop culture ever had)

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Pentools(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
Diiike:
2011- sideline story

2013- born sinner

2014- 2014 forrest hills drive ( 1st rap album to go platinum without features in 25 years)

I see you my n!gga....you dope like that, correct g!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by seyirock(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
MrImole:

Why not make songs with good sounds and good lyrics?

I still repeat, he's only enjoying all this attention because he's an American, he's not better than Davido and Wizkid.
sense is far from this one oo!.. Cole and davido in the same sentence.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Pentools(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
globemoney:

Kendrick is a better storyteller. Listen to duckworth, sing about me, etc. jcole is good but no where near kendrick

Mehn truth be told k.dot is good but comparing both of them is like comparing biggy n PAC...they both have there unique way of outsmarting each other. When u compare with stories j.Cole is better tho. From wet dreams(dreamvile) to neighbors (4 your eyes only) to infinity bro.

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
vosquare:

Better lyricist - k dot
Better story - Cole
Better wordplays - k dot

I'm a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar and also J. cole, When it comes to complexity, Good vocabularies and choice of word.. I'll give to K.Dot .

when it comes to story telling and flow.. Jermaine Cole Lamar got this one.

The both are so good,but K. dot edges Cole cos of his consistency and he follows trends. unlike Cole who focuses more on story-telling more about his childhood, white neighborhood, and life in dreamville / Forest Hill Drive sites. .

#YOLO

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
globemoney:

Like I stated above, I'm a fan of K. dot and J. cole .

When it comes to storytelling, you can't compare 'Duckworth' with 'Wet dreams'.

Besides, Kendrick Lamar got assistance from 'Kid Capri' Becon, and also ted Taylor..

'It was always me vs the world
UntilI found it's me vs me
Why,why,why, why? Why,why,?

Lamar was still beating round the bush until he came up with that Anthony shii.. 1mins after the hook, chorus and Lil verse lool

Wet dreams got pure storytelling with cool flows from The beginning of the song '

'Wasn't nothin' like that'
Man, it wasn't nothin' like that first time
She was in my math class
Long hair, brown skin with a fat @ss
Sat beside me, used to laugh, had mad jokes
The teacher always got mad so we passed note'

#YOLO

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Pentools(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
Bitchiamjay:

Like I stated above, I'm a fan of K. dot and J. cole .

When it comes to storytelling, you can't compare 'Duckworth' with 'Wet dreams'.

Besides, Kendrick Lamar got assistance from 'Kid Capri' Becon, and also ted Taylor..

'It was always me vs the world
UntilI found it's me vs me
Why,why,why, why? Why,why,?

Lamar was still beating round the bush until he came up with that Anthony shii.. 1mins after the hook, chorus and Lil verse lool

Wet dreams got pure storytelling with cool flows from The beginning of the song '

'Wasn't nothin' like that'
Man, it wasn't nothin' like that first time
She was in my math class
Long hair, brown skin with a fat @ss
Sat beside me, used to laugh, had mad jokes
The teacher always got mad so we passed note'

#YOLO

Sorry when you say assistance what are you actually implying
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
Pentools:

Sorry when you say assistance what are you actually implying
The hook and chorus were written by someone else and not Kendrick Lamar. Of course, He co wrote the verse with someone else also.
#YOLO
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Pentools(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=Bitchiamjay post=65320156]

The hook and chorus were written by someone else and not Kendrick Lamar.
Of course, He co wrote the verse with someone else also.

#YOLO[/quote

Its generally obtainable for the both artistes...the one am sure of is that Kendrick's verse(s) n lines(s) are his. Nobody writes for kendrick nor Cole unlike drake n co.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=Pentools post=65320482][/quote] Who do you think Co wrote 'Alright' | Kendrick Lamar?
Pharell Williams of course.

Next time, Do your research well before jumping into conclusions.

Not saying Nada again.

Bye.

#YOLO

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by youngpablo(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Awesome. My nig J cole is making history. Ride into naija!
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by franklingud(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Castle lite the company I work with has been doing this for so long??

Enugu must hear this.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by ifrosh: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
smokedfish:
Obo
did u mean obo (pussy)
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by ifrosh: 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
MrImole:
J Cole is not better, he's only popular because he is an American...

Except you are referring to Joe Cole; the former Chelsea player.

Apart from him, any other J Cole is just J Cole.

chaaii bro u can be mean.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by ifrosh: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
talk2rotman:
a prophet is not honoured in his own town. wizzy and obo ain't small in d industry too

Abeegy make dem bring us small doctor....dah one go make sense who is "Just cold"
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Nastydroid(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Diiike:
2011- sideline story

2013- born sinner

you didn't include one album-Friday Night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage For Me Isn’t A Do Or Die Affair –actress Dayo Amusa / Seyi Shay Flaunts Her Sexy Body In New Photos / Korede Bello Arrives Togo Amidst Fan Fare.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.