Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

The Power Of Deathbed Confession - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Deathbed Confession (1484 Views)

The Power Behind Sex / Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' / Pope John Paul Confession Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Deathbed Confession by huxley(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2010
Are deathbed confession powerful enough to save one from ending up in hell? Imagine someone who has lived all their lives in flagrant disregard of God but confessed, repented and professed faith in Jesus on their deathbed minutes before they died. Would they end up in heaven or in hell?

For instance, if Hitler had converted and professes Jesus as his saviour just before he died, would he be admitted into heaven?
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2010
Are you waiting for such a time to repent?
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2010
Image123:

Are you waiting for such a time to repent?
i wonder oo brother.
@post
yes d peson may go 2 heaven so far he/she accepted christ bt dont u knw satan is 2 wise dan 2 alow d person 2 b save at dat moment.only few ar lucky.at least av heard abt som cares lik dat.bt u dont av 2 wait ti dat time.satan may even take d soul at d moment d person want Jesus
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by vescucci(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2010
Bros. You flatter the devil a lot. So he has the power to take away souls now? Why is it that you people conveniently blame the devil for every bad thing that happens and praise God for every single good thing that happens? Either thing can be in disguise. God is the ultimate power. The devil is pitiful and so so powerless in comparison (if you are dumb enough to even bother to compare). You act like the devil is the flip side of God, like God was matter and Satan was anti-matter. If I didn't know better, I'd say you people think God made Satan so that he can take the fall for every evil thing that He chooses to inflict on us.
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2010
According to the rules of confession, he will be granted an "abode" in heaven,he may not receive a crown for his faith-works or live in a highly decorated mansion for his level of righteousness. but i do believe he will be in the same estate with the saints and stand in the presence of God to sing his praises and worship him for all eternity.

Lets I forget he must also be baptized of water and holy spirit if he can manage that in good time grin
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2010
huxley:

Are deathbed confession powerful enough to save one from ending up in hell? Imagine someone who has lived all their lives in flagrant disregard of God but confessed, repented and professed faith in Jesus on their deathbed minutes before they died. Would they end up in heaven or in hell?

For instance, if Hitler had converted and professes Jesus as his saviour just before he died, would he be admitted into heaven?

Yes of course Just like Darwin, he said:

“I have a summer house in the garden which holds about thirty people. It is over there (pointing through the open window). I want you very much to speak here. I know you read the Bible in the villages. Tomorrow afternoon I should like the servants on the place, some tenants and a few neighbors to gather there. Will you speak to them?”

“What shall I speak about?” I asked.

“Christ Jesus,” he replied in a clear emphatic voice, adding in a lower tone, “and His salvation. Is not that the best theme? And then I want you to sing some hymns with them. You lead on your small instrument, do you not?”
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Joagbaje(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2010
All they need do is to recieve Christ as lord, Then they are saved , even on death bed. But It is not the confession of sins that brings salvation but the confession of Jesus Christ as lord. If all they do is confess "sins" They will die and go to hell.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Image123(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2010
^I don't see anyone on this thread talking about confessing sins except you. Even the atheist OP wrote about professing Jesus as saviour, already. Being controversial is not an healthy hobby
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Joagbaje(m): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2010
Image123:

^I don't see anyone on this thread talking about confessing sins except you. Even the atheist OP wrote about professing Jesus as saviour, already. Being controversial is not an healthy hobby

So whats death bed confession about. confessing what?
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Joagbaje(m): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
image123,
Its like i got carried away with the topic with bias. I thought i read the first post. I just read it now. sorry jare,
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by Image123(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2010
FRUITS! Haha, I don't know whether to get happy for you or get happy at you.
Re: The Power Of Deathbed Confession by karo93: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2010
i believe it depends on the reason and situation behind the confession.

for instance if that was the persons plan all along i.e to outsmart God then i am rest assured that it would not work because the truth about repentance is that you have to mean it.for if it works then God is not as smart as he thinks.

what matters is not the level of evil that the person has commited but why the person decided to change then.
but if the person truly repents because he is NOW CONVINCED that he has been unfair to God then he would be forgiven.

food for thought.
if someone spent his life causing trouble and downfall for you and yours because he didnt like you and decides to ask for forgiveness when he needs your help and he had told you before(since God is all-knowing) would you help him?.

(1) (Reply)

At Evening Time It Shall Be Light / Heresy Of Once Saved Always Saved ( Calvinism ) / Bomb Blast Ecwa Church Wusasa Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.