Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record (52300 Views)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Air Peace Takes Delivery Of Third B777 Aircraft / Watch The Moment Air Peace 2nd B777 Arrived Lagos Airport In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by IkpuMmadu: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nigeria’s leading carrier, Air Peace on Friday set a new record with the arrival of its newly acquired Boeing B777-200 aircraft, becoming the first and only Nigerian airline to procure and register the brand of airliner in the country.

The development is coming weeks after the airline took delivery of two Embraer 145 aircraft on January 31 and February 9 respectively and made history with the setting up a subsidiary, Air Peace Hopper to organise its short-haul operations in line with its no-city-left-behind project.

The 274-capacity aircraft, which touched down at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos at about 3.45 pm on Friday, is the first of two Boeing 777 airliners Air Peace recently acquired in preparation for its Dubai, Sharjah, London, Guangzhou-China, Houston, Mumbai and Johannesburg services. The airline is finalising talks to add two more B777 aircraft to its fleet soon.

The aircraft with registration mark 5N-BVE bears “Ifechukwu”, the middle name of the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Air Peace, Mr. Allen Onyema.

The aircraft, which was flown in by the Chief Pilot of the airline, Capt. Victor Egonu and Capt. Simon Donoghue, arrived to a rousing welcome by an excited team from Air Peace led by Onyema and and enthusiastic crowd of top aviation personnel as well as security operatives.

Speaking on the arrival of the aircraft, Onyema assured that Air Peace, which launched its its Banjul, Freetown and Dakar services on February 19, would soon start flights to Dubai, Sharjah, Guangzhou-China, London, Houston, Mumbai and South Africa.

“Air Peace is ready to begin operations on these routes as soon as we get the cooperation of our aviation agencies, our home governments, and the outside governments of the countries we are going to. As soon as we get their cooperation, we will make it happen, ” Onyema said.

The feats Air Peace had recorded in just three years of its flight operations, he insisted, were a proof that Nigerian airlines could compete with and even outperform the legacy airlines if there was a level-playing field.

His words: “This is the first time a Nigerian carrier is acquiring a B777. What we have had in the past were through leases which were not favourable to the airline operators. So, I don’t believe that Nigerian airlines cannot compete favourably with others. What we have been lacking is the necessary support.

“Within the last three years, we have been able to increase our fleet size to 24 aircraft. That is rapid growth and we are still growing stronger.”

Onyema dismissed insinuations that Nigerian airlines were not safe, stressing that Air Peace spent up to $2.5 million annually in maintaining a single aircraft on its fleet.

“So,” he contended, “in terms of safety, we can assure our guests of the very best because even our technical partner is a firm from the United Kingdom.

“Air Peace cannot be said to be weak or indebted and if there are airlines that are going through that, they should come out and name them instead of generalising.”

The Air Peace boss said he remained opposed to the Single African Air Transportation Market (SAATM) initiative, insisting that Nigeria had little or nothing to gain from it.

Onyema explained that most African airlines that would take advantage of the SAATM window to operate in the country lacked attractive destinations Nigerian airlines would reciprocally operate into.

He added that some of the countries on the African continent were imposing high charges in a bid to discourage Nigerian airlines from operating into their routes.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/air-peace-sets-new-record-b777-aircraft-arrives/amp/

10 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Cooly100: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thank God for Air peace...

I just pray that Nigeria factor will not come in to destroy what they are building...

I just hope one bank or EFCC will not creep from no where to kill this laudable venture.

Nigeria’s leading carrier, Air Peace on Friday set a new record with the arrival of its newly acquired Boeing B777-200 aircraft, becoming the first and only Nigerian airline to procure and register the brand of airliner in the country.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by AnodaIT(m): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
GTB and DSS food don ready o
It's IPOB on the beat again

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by buygala(m): 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
New or 'fearly' used?

6 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by hollywater: 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
If Cows will let them to land properly.

93 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by morikee: 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Air get peace ni
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by livebynite: 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
has this affected the price of garri in the market in a positive way? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Oblitz(m): 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
nice one Air Peace

hope there is no affiliation between Air peace and Peace mass transit

check my signature and be blessed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Lexusgs430: 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
We know how they all start and how they gradually fade away.....

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Ezezima2012(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
A giant stride
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by okonja(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nice development
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by free2ryhme: 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Cooly100: 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
livebynite:
has this affected the price of garri in the market in a positive way? angry

...Fulani herdsmen kiling and attacks..have really affected the price of garri in the market...

....Next

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by geekybabe(f): 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
Your processes and logistics need to improve too. It's not enough to keep acquiring planes.
Imagine processing a refund for almost 2months.
Not to even talk of how crappy their site can be on mobile. Coupled with d fact that they use a fidelity bank payment gateway, with 2 out of evry 3 transactions failing.

If your processes don't improve, you r gonna be back at square 1 just like arik. Your customers should be able to do business with you with ease. Dat simple.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by clems88(m): 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by RexTramadol1: 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Leased or bought

I go beef!

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Cooly100: 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Freaking government policies, bribe and corruption in the industry really cause the issues..

Ask Virgin Nigeria people...

5 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by yztak: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Its Another one from the indigenous people... Always thinking higher and setting records indigenously. grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by efighter: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mama Peace Patience Jonathan is running her airline successfully with our stolen money. Tinubu too is running his airline successfully with our stolen money. But the national airline has died silently and is resting peacefully. On the judgement day, I will not go to heaven in time. I will wait at the seat of judgement to see how God will judge Nigerian politicians.

16 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
No comment
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by OboOlora(f): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kudos to the Chairman and his team! I must say I am highly impressed. This is a man with a great vision, going to any length to achieve it. Flew AP the last time I was in Nigeria and flight was smooth. Courteous flight attendants, jovial pilots, clean plane etc. Took my time to read the in-flight mag and I was amazed by the Chairman’s vision!

Nice 1.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by obinnashady(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
buygala:
New or 'fearly' used?
fearly used grin
buygala:
New or 'fearly' used?
fearly used

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by gratiaeo(m): 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
God bless Igbo man

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by bigtt76(f): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
Buy one aircraft nor go let person rest again? Ethiopian wen de buy planes like say na age gets bread dem de buy nor de make all this kain noise sef grin

6 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by bigpicture001: 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
learn very well from arik air on what crippled it's airline...if u do bizness with govt,u will close faster than arik air....run away from govt differed payment patronage

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
I’m very happy for this development but you still won’t catch me on there.

I wish them the very best.
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Cooly100: 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
bigtt76:
Buy one aircraft nor go let person rest again? Ethiopian wen de buy planes like say na age gets bread dem de buy nor de make all this kain noise sef grin

This thing pain you well well..oh...

Ethiopian airline belongs to the state, to the country...Air peace is private.

See how hatred and envy is letting your down in public...

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Lexusgs430: 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
Cooly100:

Freaking government policies, bribe and corruption in the industry really cause the issues..

Ask Virgin Nigeria people...

Businesses don't aspire to the going concern regime.... Come in, take loans, eventually default, leaving huge debts in its wake and AMCON steps in to mop up.....

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by shehuandobi2019: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
morikee:
Air get peace ni

livebynite:
has this affected the price of garri in the market in a positive way?  angry

Lexusgs430:

The only problem these people hv wit this news is that the CEO Is an Igbo man.

Thumps up Airpeace. Am a loyal customer.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by BE811APP: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
shocked
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
buygala:
New or 'fearly' used?

It really doesn't matter. Planes are not like cars. A well maintained 20 or 30 year old plane will fly just as good as a brand new one. That's perfect engineering for you cool

The 777-200 has a seating capacity of 300-400 passengers and is used by first class airlines like Emirates and Air France. I believe Air Peace will use this for long haul flights. Built in 1994 this is a reasonably new plane by African standards.

Kudos to Air Peace. I am proud of them cool

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by obaataaokpaewu: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
AnodaIT:
GTB and DSS food don ready o
It's IPOB on the beat again
lol . He banks with Fidelity Bank

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / The World's Most Powerful Passports. / Ibadan To Lagos Train Stuck In The Forest As Fuel Finishes (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.