Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Does Islam Need Reformation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Islam Need Reformation? (1222 Views)

Why Islam Doesn't Need Reformation Like Christianity / What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islam Need Reformation? by petphunt(m): 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2010
Lately, I am having a hard time understanding the relevance of Islam to the 21st century society. Although there are many sects of Islam (Ahmadiyya, Sunni, Shia, Suffism), 90% of Moslems are Sunnis. Islam could therefore serve a better purpose if the Sunni faith is reformed.  I find it hard to understand why Sunnis think it is alright to kill innocent people as a ticket to paradise for 72 virgins. I do not know why Sunnis fear educating girls. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8642806.stm  The world's leading Sunni is Bin Laden, and the Talban is a Sunni organization. The Sunni in Iraq kill the Shia like they are not human beings. In Pakistan Sunni slaughter Ahmadiyya with all pleasure. All the suicide bombers are Sunnis. The question that bugs my mind is, what is the purpose of life if the goal is to kill the innocent in order to get to paradise for 72 virgins? Oh! Do women get 72 hunks in paradise or they do not matter?
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2010
ooh killing of innocent soul because of 72 virgin.let them keep on killing when they find later die and find themselves in hell they will face the reality
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by vescucci(m): 11:03am On Apr 26, 2010
Lol. I hope you know all this suicide bombing and terrorism is a 2oth/21st century affair. It is not enough to judge a 'religion' by the actions of a few hotheads or even the main, their scripture is what should be examined. Christianity had a bloodier past than Islam but history is quickly forgotten and delineated when it doesn't serve one's purpose. Many muslims (who are really mad arabs) do crazy things because they're a terribly tribal people but 80% of muslims do not speak arabic. I'm not making a case for anything. All I'm saying is do not be confused by events from 1948 till date and judge a religion and its proponents by just this. Read books my friend.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by misterh(m): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2010
vescucci:

Lol. I hope you know all this suicide bombing and terrorism is a 2oth/21st century affair. It is not enough to judge a 'religion' by the actions of a few hotheads or even the main, their scripture is what should be examined. Christianity had a bloodier past than Islam but history is quickly forgotten and delineated when it doesn't serve one's purpose. Many muslims (who are really mad arabs) do crazy things because they're a terribly tribal people but 80% of muslims do not speak arabic. I'm not making a case for anything. All I'm saying is do not be confused by events from 1948 till date and judge a religion and its proponents by just this. Read books my friend.
I think i like that. Dont judge a religion by the actions of a few deluded ones. Know what the religion stands for before you criticize.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by suleiman16(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2010
U and your innovative religion need reformation not muslim and islam,to you American has done nothing wrong sending thousands of soldier to Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestian, etc all in the name of Terrorism,if you are historically blinded, Christianity has commited the highest blood shed in the history of man.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 01, 2010
Including over 65 battles led by mohammad,where he killed millions+terrorism activities around the world+the daily insurgency in iraq are all done by christians? U must be wrongly informed
suleiman16:

U and your innovative religion need reformation not muslim and islam,to you American has done nothing wrong sending thousands of soldier to Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestian, etc all in the name of Terrorism,if you are historically blinded, Christianity has commited the highest blood shed in the history of man.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 01, 2010
Islam does not need reformation, Islam needs Jesus christ.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZDfCTRSm4&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 01, 2010
Hahaha
frosbel:

[flash=400,400]

Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by jagunlabi(m): 11:28pm On May 01, 2010
Reformation is just too small. All the three desert dogmas(judaism, christianity, and islam) need complete paradigm shift in their teachings.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 01, 2010
jagunlabi:

Reformation is just too small. All the three desert dogmas(judaism, christianity, and islam) need complete paradigm shift in their teachings.
U forgot to include atheism. Atheists need to be reformed from their present 'ignorantically' deformed belief system of no God,which they ve not been able to prove till this evening.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Niyi53(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2010
frosbel:

[flash=400,400]

Islam is never in need of Jesus, becos JESUS CHRIST IS DEAD LONG AGO.
Muslims are in need of a Mahdi (a guided one), who has already appeared in person of HAZRAT MIRZA GHULAM AHMAD (AS)
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 10:14am On May 02, 2010
<
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 02, 2010
Islam doesnt need jesus,but they need the comforter jesus said he was sending in his own name in john14. How do u reconcile that with ur below post?
Niyi53:

Muslims are in need of a Mahdi (a guided one), who has already appeared in person of HAZRAT MIRZA GHULAM AHMAD (AS)
Niyi53:

Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by jagunlabi(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2010
toba:

U forgot to include atheism. Atheists need to be reformed from their present 'ignorantically' deformed belief system of no God,which they ve not been able to prove till this evening.
Yeah, they need reformation too. We all need the total paradigm shift in order to be able to move forward and up the human evolutionary ladder. Right now, we are stuck.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:20pm On May 02, 2010
islam need to change their orientation.i browse through a site recently and i was surprise at the rate muslim kill just because of the 72 virgin they will inherit in hell fire.i was so sacred that i wonder if this people have human feeling.just like their master
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Niyi53(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2010
toba:

Islam doesnt need jesus,but they need the comforter jesus said he was sending in his own name in john14. How do u reconcile that with your below post?
this prophecy is true only of the Prophet of Islam. True, it says "whom the Father will send in my name." But "in my name " can only mean, "he will bear testimony in my truth". The Holy Prophet testified to the truth of Jesus as a divine and honoured Teacher and Prophet, and declared them mistaken who thought him accursed. The prophecy says clearly, "He shall teach you all things." The words are reminiscent of those used in the prophecy in Deuteronomy. The description applies only to the Holy Prophet; and it was his teachings which brought comfort to the world.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 02, 2010
@Niyi53
The description applies only to the Holy Prophet; and it was his teachings which brought comfort to the world.

Lol. Please Niyi you are making me laugh my head off here.  grin grin

Muhammad bring comfort ? Is that a joke or what  undecided  grin grin grin grin

Let me provide you with some comforting news from Muhammad's religion for the 3rd week of April.

Weekly Jihad Report
Apr 17 - Apr 23

Jihad Attacks: 38
Dead Bodies: 227
Critically Injured: 597

He sure was a tyrant comforter,  grin
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Niyi53(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2010
frosbel:

@Niyi53 

Lol. Please Niyi you are making me laugh my head off here.  grin grin

Muhammad bring comfort ? Is that a joke or what  undecided  grin grin grin grin

Let me provide you with some comforting news from Muhammad's religion for the 3rd week of April.

Weekly Jihad Report
Apr 17 - Apr 23

Jihad Attacks: 38
Dead Bodies: 227
Critically Injured: 597

He sure was a tyrant comforter,  grin
this is not what islam teaches. If it is by what some people do that we know a good religion, then christianity would not be free, rather would any other religion be!
Lets judge a religion by the scripture the founder brought. Its only by this that one can come across the truth.
Lets analyze the scripture of both religion (QURAN AND BIBLE) and see which teaches peace and brings comfort!
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 02, 2010
Dude where are u from? U first said islam doesnt need jesus,yet mohammad was sent by God in the name of Jesus. Isnt this confusing?

dnt even go there. The founder of islam was known as a terror all his life&the koran supported his terrorism activities in various verses. Never u say Quran preaches peace or else i will ban u for 120Hrs for falsehood
Niyi53:

this is not what islam teaches. If it is by what some people do that we know a good religion, then christianity would not be free, rather would any other religion be!
Lets judge a religion by the scripture the founder brought. Its only by this that one can come across the truth.
Lets analyze the scripture of both religion (QURAN AND BIBLE) and see which teaches peace and brings comfort!
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by Niyi53(m): 6:01pm On May 02, 2010
ISLAM (PEACE) TEACHES PEACE
i challenge you to disprove this from the Quran itself,
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by thehomer: 8:53am On May 03, 2010
Sure but not just Islam.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by mazaje(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2010
Islam need reformation if it wants to survive the coming decades ahead. . . .Its backward thinking and intolerance will have to go away for it to survive the coming decades of awareness. . .Some muslims are beginning to realize this. . .
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2010
hi there if you want to read daily update of how this muslim kill.just visit this site please
www.thereligionofpeace.com
but please xtian.let us not be scared of what we see in this site.because when i browse through the site,i was scared.but i later understand what john16vs2 says', that whosoever killeth you will think he doeth God service' the site is more than useful.it also confirm some things we maybe doubtin about the scripture.
Re: Does Islam Need Reformation? by otitokoro1: 4:01pm On May 07, 2010
The question should have been what is the theme of quran?

(1) (Reply)

Whats Wrong With Some Naija Pastors And Their Wives? / The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? / What Made Satan To Rebel Against God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.