Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? (1218 Views)

SEX VS RELIGION who wins? / REAL TRUTH ABOUT RELIGION !! Who do you worship? / People Who Don't Have Any Religion - Who Does The Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Sagamite(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by OAM4J: 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
Not so good debate. Looks one sided to me, The Chris Hitchens guy floored Tony hands down. (didnt even bother with the last 2 clips)

Even though am religion bias, Tony was boring and too repetitive. Am not sure Tony is the right candidate to discuss the topic.
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by fstranger1: 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2011
OAM4J:

Not so good debate. Looks one sided to me, The Chris Hitchens guy floored Tony hands down. (didnt even bother with the last 2 clips)

Even though am religion bias, Tony was boring and too repetitive. Am not sure Tony is the right candidate to discuss the topic.

Sagamite is retarrted.

He is a nonentity!
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by OAM4J: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2011
fstranger1:

Sagamite is retarrted.

Hi is a nonentity!
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
So sad to hear this fellow intellectual is dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16212418
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by mazaje(m): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
Tony Blair isn't the right candidate for such a debate. . .

Sagamite:

So sad to hear this fellow intellectual is dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16212418

He was a man with a great mind. . . .He will be missed by many. . .
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Sagamite(m): 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
I thought Tony did well o.
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Sagamite(m): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
The guy was not much different from me. grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOISElGEMg[/flash]
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Sagamite(m): 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my Bottom." - Christopher Hitchens

When the controversial Southern Baptist televangelist Rev. Jerry Falwell died on May 15, 2007, Hitchens was interviewed on Anderson Cooper 360°. He argued that "the empty life of this ugly little charlatan proves only one thing: that you can get away with the most extraordinary offenses to morality and to truth in this country if you'll just get yourself called 'Reverend'"
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
well i guess Hitchens now knows who was right and who was wrong. Sadly he cant come back to life to tell us.

1 Like

Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by thehomer: 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
How convenient it is for the religious people in power that death is permanent.

It is unsurprising that Blair lost when one considers that the position of faith is basically empty.
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
thehomer:

How convenient it is for the religious people in power that death is permanent.

It is unsurprising that Blair lost when one considers that the position of faith is basically empty.

to be honest i wish death wasnt permanent. It would be wonderful to have Hitchens come back to talk to his mindless sheep.
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by thehomer: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2011
davidylan:

to be honest i wish death wasnt permanent. It would be wonderful to have Hitchens come back to talk to his mindless sheep.

I thought the Bible generally referred to its adherents as sheep. Also, if death wasn't permanent, you can be sure that Christianity and similar religions will lose most of their allure.
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by plaetton: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2011
thehomer:

I thought the Bible generally referred to its adherents as sheep. Also, if death wasn't permanent, you can be sure that Christianity and similar religions will lose most of their allure.

Right on.

The Devil and Death are the primary currencies of the religious market.
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by mazaje(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
davidylan:

If death wasnt permanent I seriuosly doubt if your religion will exist. . .Its funny how people like you keep reapeating the ideas, opinions and fantasies of other men like you that do NOT know what they are talking about when it comes to what happens after death as if its true. . .I keep saying this all the time. . .The fear of death is what makes you religion works for many. . .You do NOT know what will happen when a person dies, any thing you say remains a mere opinion, pretending to know what you don't is the life blood of all religions. . .
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by mazaje(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
davidylan:

Jewish and Roman man MADE mythologies have nothing to do with the fact when a person is dead. . . .Until you can provide any evidence to show that human consiousness survives bodily death anything you say about death remains an opinion which by the way isnt even yours, but that of others you have been indoctrinated to believe in since when you were a baby. . .
Re: The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? by thehomer: 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
plaetton:

Right on.

The Devil and Death are the primary currencies of the religious market.

Yeah. Which is why I find it funny when people conflate atheism with Satanism or devil worship. They don't seem to realize that it is believers who believe in such entities.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Harlotry / The Mysterious Ways Of God / It is well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.