Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi (1336 Views)

The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins / You're Not A Real Yoruba If...... / Ijebu Is The Real Yoruba Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by IkpuMmadu: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
I know that we have Yoruba in Ilorin and kwarra ,though small , I also think that we have Igbo that are indigenous to kogi via Anambra and anioma border but I don't know that we have some Yoruba in kogi or are they a language that looks like Yoruba...if yes! Why are these Yoruba in kogi coming out to to claim.ams ascertain their Yoruba culture like what we know of the Oyo Yoruba

Pls are the Yoruba in kogi our yoruba? Learnt that some don't like the term Yoruba but I see them as one even the name of the signpost is in Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by IkpuMmadu: 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Okay
Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by Sprumbabafather: 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
None, just land grabbers who left their homes to cheat the good Kogi people of their inheritance. They even started renaming the towns with some yoruba lingo, well, General Yahaya Bello is treating their fvckups grin

2 Likes

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by aremuforlife(m): 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
[/quote][quote author=IkpuMmadu post=65343968]I know that we have Yoruba in Ilorin and kwarra ,though small , I also think that we have Igbo that are indigenous to kogi via Anambra and anioma border but I don't know that we have some Yoruba in kogi or are they a language that looks like Yoruba...if yes! Why are these Yoruba in kogi coming out to to claim.ams ascertain their Yoruba culture like what we know of the Oyo Yoruba

Pls are the Yoruba in kogi our yoruba? Learnt that some don't like the term Yoruba but I see them as one even the name of the signpost is in Yoruba
You should have make enough research before coming online.
Ilorin and kwara are both full bloodied Yoruba and not just small and in the case of kogi state, there are many indigenous Yoruba community.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by Sprumbabafather: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
aremuforlife:

You should have make enough research before coming online.
Ilorin and kwara are both full bloodied Yoruba and not just small and in the case of kogi state, there are many indigenous Yoruba community.

Which research? Until you remove the emir of Illorin and impeach Yahaya Bello, you are yarning dust.

1 Like

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by internationalman(m): 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
There are Yoruba indigines in Enugu also.

1 Like

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by Zanas: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
I know that there are okun Yorubas in kogi. That's where the likes of dino melaye, James faleke, smart adeyemi e.t.c come from
Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by babyfaceafrica: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
anyone who knows the op well will just ignore him..always looking for tribal e-fights everywhere.. Don't you get tired?

2 Likes

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by scholes0(m): 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
Look at this OP who wants to use Back door to claim that there are Igbos in Kogi state while pretending to be curious grin

70-75% of Kwara is Yoruba, 10% are Baruba, 15% are Nupe while the remaining 5% are Fulanis in Ilorin and elsewhere across the state both settled and nomadic.
23% of Kogi state is Yoruba, 30% are Ebira, 40% are Igala, 2% are Bassa while the remaining 5% are Nupes, Idoma, Ogoris and the Hausas in Lokoja.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by FulaniTerrorist: 5:32am On Feb 25, 2018
scholes0:
Look at this OP who wants to use Back door to claim that there are Igbos in Kogi state while pretending to be curious grin

70-75% of Kwara is Yoruba, 10% are Baruba, 15% are Nupe while the remaining 5% are Fulanis in Ilorin and elsewhere across the state both settled and nomadic.
23% of Kogi state is Yoruba, 30% are Ebira, 40% are Igala, 2% are Bassa while the remaining 5% are Nupes, Idoma, Ogoris and the Hausas in Lokoja.

Go to hell with your fake figures, there are no indigenous Hausa's in Abuja not to talk of Kogi State
Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by IkpuMmadu: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
anyone who knows the op well will just ignore him..always looking for tribal e-fights everywhere.. Don't you get tired?

I am asking innocent questions....I have to been to kogi state..before I never knew we had Igbo in kogi also

What's wrong with questions oga
Re: Are There Real Yoruba Indigenous To Kogi by IkpuMmadu: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2018
scholes0:

the Igbo-speaking communities in Kogi state especially in Ibaji and Igalamela/Odolu LGAs such as the Eke Avurugo community (which speaks Igbo as first language and Igala as second language). Going through the list of Kogi communities found here: http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1249765/1645681001/name/Kogi+East+locailties+working+paper.doc,

one could find a handful of communities which strongly seem to be Igbo communities going by their names, despite the similarities between Igbo and Ibaji Igala names/words,: Ugwuebonyi, Ebokwe, Ozara, Amaeke, Amankpo, Amauwani camp, Amaokwu, Amadiefioha, Amaufulu, etc. all in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. The Odolu community in Igalamela/Odolu LGA is said to speak Igala as first language and the Nsukka Igbo dialect as second language. In Ibaji LGA, we can see some town names such as Nwajala, Umuoye, Ubulie-Umueze which are, most definitely, Igbo community names. One obvious distinguishing factor between Igbo language and Igala is the lack of 'z' in Igala alphabet which is present in Igbo, which possibly rules out an Igala origin for some towns such as Ozara, Umueze etc.

Akpanya is an Igbo-speaking community located deep in the heartland of Igala land. Very little is known about this town. About 95% of the people speak Igbo/are Igbo natives. The town also houses majority of Igbo muslims from Igboland.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Zodiac Sign: All About You Baby / AFRICA’S RICHEST MUSICIANS 2013!youssou N’dour Is Africa’s Most Expensive Artist / Interested To Learn Efik Or Ibibio?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.