Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy (28688 Views)

BOWEN Vs BABCOCK: Students Battle On Twitter (Photos) / LAUTECH Vs UNILORIN: Students Battle On Twitter / OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by HigherEd: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
The argument started with this tweet of a Twitter user requesting for 10 software developers that are exclusively from Covenant University...

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by HigherEd: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
The post apparently infuriated many twitter users which then led to another trending tweet by another twitter user.

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by HigherEd: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Then the Arguments became more intense

DesyNer

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by pyrex23(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
hmm.... private uni v public uni..

1 Like

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by HigherEd: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
People even dragged Cee c of bbn
Lalasticlala

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by whitebeard(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
All these small children that would stand on their parents money and be making noise. If we check the root of this problem it all boils down to politics.

Wait do u ever think any private university will want any FG university to be developed in any form. No..! Cause it bad for business, we using outdated scheme of works, unqualified profs and lecturers yet we have monkeys making way with million s same with snakes, pls if the government invest money in federal university, it bad business for private universities, should that happen private universities will drop their standards real low again, hence, all these ones making noise on twitter won't have the liver or even dream about saying private uni are better than FG uni. I am also not concluding that private uni sucks. They just arnt as good as good as they think, cause if the government interfere and improve it universities facilities. They would be on diff levels.

Anyways those that will make it, will make it.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Desyner: 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
Over what?

1 Like

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Desyner: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
It is sad that folks in public uni where you can either sort, cheat, or blackmail your way through over 50% of the workload are angry a school like covenant uni get prioritized above theirs. That stupid girl who made the 'olodo' comment thinks she has seen more graduates than the person who made the request for 10 CU graduates.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by HigherEd: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
whitebeard:
All this small children that would stand on their parents mo eh and be making noise. It we check the root of this problem it all boils down to politics.

Wait to u ever think any private university will want any FG university to be developed in any form. No..! Cause it bad for business, we using outdated scheme of works, unqualified profs and lecturers yet we have monkeys making way with million s same with snakes, pls if the government invest money in federal university, it bad business for private universities, should that happen private universities will drop their standards real low again, hence, all these ones making noise on twitter won't have the liver or even dream about saying private uni are better than FG uni. I am also not concluding that private uni sucks. They just arnt as good as good as they think, cause if the government interfere and improve it universities facilities. They would be on diff levels.

Anyways those that will make it, will make it.
In some ways you are right. If public universities improve radically without raising fees and then decide to expand access then many private universities would simply suffer as patronage would drop sharply.

Or

If public universities improve radically without expanding access nor raising fees then private universities would enjoy patronage but from less qualified candidates..

However a few private universities can still thrive even with excellent cheap public universities existing and their selling point would be a good PRESTIGE. Any private university that is sensible enough should start working on its reputation by carving out a niche and becoming excellent in it now, so that when public universities start becoming better it won't ruin them.

I believe Covenant is already prestigious, Pan Atlantic and ABUAD are also on course to have a distinct identity. Igbinedion and Madonna have sadly lost out despite having huge advantages as the First generation of private universities.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Loftyboy: 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
Are you a management student in any higher institution looking for reliable expert to get your assignment, term paper, project, seminar paper, thesis and project analysis done at affordable price? contact Lofty Educational Research Institute, Aroma, Awka on 08032627848
for online delivery, email us: oyewaleabiodun@gmail.com
your satisfaction is our own satisfaction!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by tdayof(m): 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
It's obvious OP is a private university product. cheesy

@Topic

Who gives a damn about the certificate you hold? There are alot of polytechnic / college of education graduates doing better in terms of practical knowledge than University graduates. Nigerians and unnecessary arguments.

7 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Desyner: 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
tdayof:

@Topic

Who gives a damn about the certificate you hold? There are alot of polytechnic / college of education graduates doing better in terms of practical knowledge than University graduates. Nigerians and unnecessary arguments.

The insecure public uni grads fired their retardèd salvo first.

4 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by HigherEd: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
tdayof:

@Topic

Lol my likes gave me out cheesy

I think the argument is stupid myself. I serve on the board of a Venture Capital, Distribution Company and a real estate agency, the person who leads the three subsidiaries is a graduate of Delsu while the majority of the other guys are from Federal Unis. Our Tech Lead Guy is a Covenant grad. So I have seen a pool of smart individuals from both sides of the aisle and I admit that there are equally unemployable folks from both sides too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Desyner: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
HigherEd:

I think the argument is stupid myself. I serve on the board of a Venture Capital, Distribution Company and a real estate agency, the person who leads the three subsidiaries is a graduate of Delsu while the majority of the other guys are from Federal Unis. Our Tech Lead Guy is a Covenant grad. So I have seen a pool of smart individuals from both sides of the aisle and I admit that there are equally unemployable folks from both sides too.

Good to know. I worked with an CompTIA A+, N+ certified dude from uniben who kept messing up Windows OS repair and data backup.

It is sad these folks think they are better when in fact they are pathetic most times. Computer literacy is another horrible story among them. I don't blame the girl who requested only CU grads.

4 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nigeria needs technical , creative arts and tools schools more than private and university schools combined. But as useless as our government is, they still kept approving more useless universities for their selfish interests.
The truth is we need technology revolutions. But sad enough no one is thinking on that. Religions and political nonsense have taking over our youths thinking.
That's why you see a Lebanese man, who hardly know how to speak good English , that just attended one unaccredited technical school in Beirut coming to Ado ekiti to win contracts over anyone here and will now employ so called our graduates and pay them peanuts. Yes , am talking from experience, because I know a guy when he came from Lebanon hardly feed his family , won a contract of 200million . His commission was around 10% and he contracted the job out for another firm. I don't know the detail of the contact, but I know that this country educational system is totally bullshit and the idiots are busy doing twitter war. Arrant nonsense.
In reality, no university is whot it in Nigeria. Privates are too expensive for common man that have potential while public are too rugged for many chaps to cope with considering the stress and the challenges surrounding the schools. No thanks to the thiefing politicians and pastorprenurs. Only individual strive can make the difference either you attend private or public university.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Deckline(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
I'd choose private university all the way even though am not a student there. Most,if not all Public universities are just so full of sh*t.[/color]

2 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by deepwater(f): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Horlar995(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thank God the federal University students can now understand how it feels to be considered inferior to ur fellow students........
University Vs polytechnics first....
Now
Private university Vs federal university
I weep for this country

8 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
A poly graduate would have been a better candidate because of the wider practical knowledge..
but wtf is this nonsense sef? so if i graduated with first class from unijos in this field.. i would not be considered for the job because i'm not from covenant? kai.. so if we dey stigmatize hiv and aids, we go the get stigma for this one too? kai.. whc way naija?
and one mumu even carry the matter enter private vs public..
abeg nobody should just vex me today that chelsea lost this crucial match
.)2s

3 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by deepwater(f): 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nigerian students wake up.
Animals are taking the common wealth.
There will be none to share by the time you end up useless rants.

Only if they know that there is actually no higher institution of learning in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Desyner: 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
Deckline:
I'd choose private university all the way even though am not a student there. Most,if not all Public universities are just so full of sh*t.[/color]
Choi . . . lol
Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Iseoluwani: 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Slave trade

Animal in human skin

Feel on d beats

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by anayolity: 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Shameless old fools
.....when secondary school children dey produce phones for China , these useless ones dey twitter dey cry Private and federal Uni which one better.

Make God just Restore Factory setting for this country....I don tire !!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nigerians and idiocy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqcdF1oWaD0

When I start hiring, if I have to hire someone with a degree because of insurance/etc then it'll be from a university that was in existence in the old western states. Otherwise, I'll hire from other African countries.

I refuse elitism.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
long story.

nobody with paper will send his pikin to a nigerian public university.

strikes, cults, incompetent lecturers, poor facilities
people like to talk s if going through this retardation is something to be proud of, when all that really happened is that energy that should have been directed at developing yourself was wasted on basic survival.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Divay22(f): 9:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Graduates that don't know how to write their words in full angry angry angry angry
I stopped reading the tweets, when i saw AND as nd undecided undecided.
You as u
Them as em.. Na wa o
All this irrelevant issues that keeps trending

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Rick9(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Little kids overseas are busy manufacturing phones, old men and women' are arguing which school is better, so pathetic

Bill Gates & Mark didn't graduate but they changed the world, stay here and be arguing foolishly while your mates are advancing in science and technology,

Africans are just too concerned about irrelevant things. Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by uyiekpenn(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Public universities are far better a lot of these so called private schools. Only private schools like Covenant University, American University and Igbinedion University are the only private schools to write home about. The school I graduated from in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. I'm currently suing them for trying to incompetence, negligence and ineptitude. I graduated in 2014. That same year I was cleared and mobilized for Nysc and equally had my results approved by the school's senate committee. I rounded off my service in 2015 only to come back in 2016 to request for my transcript and I was told that I was having 10 carryovers. As we speak the matter is in court.

21 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by vioment: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Public universities are a cultist den, lack of organization, short cuts or cheating, and then a lot of missing basic amenities. Study is affected by all these hindrances especially with cultism. I attended public universities.
Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Heavance(m): 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
HigherEd:

Exactly...
That's why I don't understand this battle of supremacy

2 Likes

Re: Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy by Iseoluwani: 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Cee-c wey dey do bbnaija will see this post now n b looking for rope to commit suicide

What she do na grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Outrage As Teacher Attacks Little Girl In Class, Hits Her On The Head / Secondary School Students Sing Naira Marley's "Opotoyi" During Assembly / Timetable For Covenant University Resumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.