Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak (11309 Views)

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2018
6 Dangerous Sets of People You Will Find in A Typical Workplace

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivator, HR Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach)

The workplace can be very intriguing, interesting, fun and dangerous at the same time due to the different kinds of people you will find there. To some people, meeting this kinds of human beings can be very surprising as well devastating. The workplace isn't just a place where products or services or both are taken to the public but a place where knowledge can be learnt and experience gathered. Some years ago while still in the University, I visited a aunty of mine who happens to work in my school and after presenting the normal food to me, she presented something else to me, gist. She told me of a colleague of hers who went into her own office, sat on her own chair and instantly became paralyzed. I couldn't doubt her story because that wasn't the first time of hearing a story like hers. This kind of events are always perpetrated by dangerous colleagues.

Since today's article isn't about workplace wars, I'd rather talk about the different kinds of people you will find in a typical workplace while we postpone the teaching on workplace wars till next time.

- The I Have Been Here Before You
This set of people will always remind you that they joined the organization before you. This set of people can be very dangerous if not properly managed.

- The I Am The Boss Here
This set of people are superiors who won't waste time to let you know who they are. You aren't dragging position with them but due to their insecurity, they'd always think you are after their job.

- The Pretenders
This set of colleagues would pretend to be good to you. They may even take your sides during an argument. They can go as far as shunning other colleagues for you to think they're the nice guys. They may even visit you at home or invite you to spend the weekend at their place not because they are good but they just want to know your deepest fear and secrets. Quarrel with this set of people at your own risk and watch them open up to everyone everything you have told them.

- The 'Eye Service' People
This set of people carry companies issues on their heads even if they are not experienced or skilled or talented to handle them. 'eye service' is not bad itself but becomes a problem when you uses your service to threaten the job of your colleagues.

- The ITK
The ITKs are the set of people who always think they know everything. They are the 'I too know'. This set of people doesn't take correction and when you try to correct them they lose it. In order to let them take words from you, you need to tell them about your previous achievement so that they will know that you are not a novice.

- The Friends of The Boss
You will always find this dangerous set of people in a typical workplace. This people doesn't work in your organization but are good friends of your boss who are either Unemployed or live close to your organization. This set of people will always pocnose into the affairs of a company without an invitation. This people can either be males or females. Some males who fall into this category sometimes uses this influence to sleep with female staffs in the organization and when their advances are turned down they become dangerous.

This set of people are everywhere but with proper knowledge of who they are and how they operate, one can put them in check.

My online class for the month of February was held on Saturday and it was superb. This month's own is going to be on UNDERSTANDING WORKPLACE POLITICS AND USING IT FOR YOUR ADVANCEMENT.

SUCCEED YOU MUST.

© Johnspeak Uwangue A.K.A THE Oracle
MOTIVATOR, HR CONSULTANT, TALENT MANAGER AND COACH.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by simplemach(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Except if it's not Nigeria you r talking about, there is this set of people that are always in a workplace,

The Ghost workers

They come to work as august visitors, once in a week sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Arse lickers

4 Likes

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by salbis(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
My daily encounter at my work place, are numbers 1,3,4&5. One has to be prayerful and smart always.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Liberator007(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
JohnspeakU:
Afterthought
I have them all where I work, especially the 'I am your boss type'. Small thing, all you will hear is, "I am your boss and I will issue you query'.

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by cexesay: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
grin
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by jessejagga(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
lol
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by SouthSouth1914: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Hassanjj(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
@ OP. which category do u belong?

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by SouthSouth1914: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
These are job risks that comes with your employment!! Deal with it.. grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Phelix01(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
chai, that's true oooo.. my brother,u are correct chai.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by arowstev2000: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hummmmm

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by MisterGrace: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
So true. I am dealing with one currently.
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by sunbbo(m): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
True talk.

Apply For Jumia Group Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. Jumia Group Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions) as follows;

1.) Product Quality Control Associate

Click Here To View Details

2.) Senior PHP Developer

3.) Physical Security Analyst 

4.) Head of Growth Marketing

5.) Business Analyst

6.) Social Media Manager

Application Closing Date: Not Specified.

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/02/26/jumia-group-fresh-recruitment/
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by lonelydora: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
A typical example of my workplace. We have all the people listed here.
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by jashar(f): 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
in my office, 2 people display more than one of these characteristics. kai...

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by kanayo76: 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
This the major quality you will found most especialy among yoruba when you work with them in the same office.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Pharaoh001(f): 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
hmmmm...true talk
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by chamberlinco1983: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
I Am Also A Victim Of This.Tnx 4 Bringing This Topic.
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by livebynite: 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
Please tell me how this reduces the price of garri angry
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by zodiax019: 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
true talk
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Kalapizim(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
I wouldn't agree less.
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by Binchim(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
livebynite:
Please tell me how this reduces the price of garri angry

Garri price has been reduced na, no go blind o, this one when be say na only garri u dey soak. Lol
Re: 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak by TheAlchemist: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
What category will people that lace your food with poisonous substance in a work environment fall in?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protesting Railway Workers Ground Stations, Demand 350% Salary Increase / Interviewer Wants Reference From Current Employer / 20 Quotes To Inspire Great Teamwork.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.