Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

Help What Does This Mean? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help What Does This Mean? (1129 Views)

Milky Stuff On My Engine Dipstick- What Does This Mean / Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Please!! The check light

Re: Help What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
My brother that is a Nigerian citizen for you ooooo...

It's a "don't bother me and I won't bother you level"...if u insist on bothering. There's only one outcome. Mechanic will chop ur money, they will transfer you to rewire, if cares not taken panel beater will say he's got a say in the matter....

The problem facing Nigerian car is too much ranging from bad road, to bad parts, poor engineers, even the weather is not helping, As matter of fallacious fact....if ur car is not tear nylon and less than a few years old and u don't have check engine in ur car, my brother somebody has manually removed it.

I used to have a 2007honda accord..I paid 3 different times to remove it..even those with scanner will come and give u different diagnosis for each time...u see it's not one thing that causes that light to come on ordinary suspension wahala can cause it....

I now use a 2010 muscle..I have check engine and the baby runs fine..never bothered me for 2whole years..

Oga ignore that thing..thank me later... My opinion though!!

1 Like

Re: Help What Does This Mean? by mammanbawa: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
Get your spark plugs, oxygen sensors and catalyst converter checked ASAP.
Re: Help What Does This Mean? by diportivo: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
mehn

see as kazeem full here

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
1StopRudeness:

It's a "don't bother me and I won't bother you level"...if u insist on bothering. There's only one outcome. Mechanic will chop ur money, they will transfer you to rewire, if cares not taken panel beater will say he's got a say in the matter....

The problem facing Nigerian car is too much ranging from bad road, to bad parts, poor engineers, even the weather is not helping, As matter of fallacious fact....if ur car is not tear nylon and less than a few years old and u don't have check engine in ur car, my brother somebody has manually removed it.

I used to have a 2007honda accord..I paid 3 different times to remove it..even those with scanner will come and give u different diagnosis for each time...u see it's not one thing that causes that light to come on ordinary suspension wahala can cause it....

I now use a 2010 muscle..I have check engine and the baby runs fine..never bothered me for 2whole years..

bros the light was not showing before oo
Re: Help What Does This Mean? by oluwaseunla(m): 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
1StopRudeness:

You patronised kazeems with scanners. What codes were you given? Did you even bother to find out what the scanners found? It's something you, as the car owner, can research on and get a general idea of what is happening.

In some cases, a check light may be an indicator of a major issue. Ignore at your own peril.

In your twisted mentality, a check engine light on a car is normal because it's not brand new? Continue!!!

'Mechanic transfer you to rewire'?? *sighs* I give up.

1 Like

Re: Help What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
mammanbawa:
Get your spark plugs, oxygen sensors and catalyst converter checked ASAP.
thanks but my automobile elect. Says no problem.
Am just confused
Re: Help What Does This Mean? by oluwaseunla(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Osahon7:
Please!! The check light

Get the car scanned. Know the codes. Post them here, people will help you. That is if your mechanic is incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: Help What Does This Mean? by mammanbawa: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Osahon7:
thanks but my automobile elect. Says no problem.
Am just confused

These things won't hinder your car's performance but they're important.
Re: Help What Does This Mean? by mayor2013: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
A simple scan would point you in the right direction. As for the person up there preaching about how to ignore the " check" sign . Your transmission alone is about 380k-400k. When yours comes up continue to ignore it . When you re given a bill don't fret. @ op scan your car post code here are you shall be guided accordingly on how to have it fixed.

NB: not every one knows how to use a scan tool.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord Losing Power / Why Is Drivers License This Difficult In NIGERIA.. / Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.