Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Movie Review: Black Panther - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Review: Black Panther (325 Views)

Review Black Lightning / Movie Review: Black Panther / Nigerians Review Black Panther Movie! Is It Just Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movie Review: Black Panther by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
The ‘Black Panther’ is here! Luckily for this movie, the climax of its buzz came in around the ‘The black history’ month, I can’t say for sure if this was planned but I can tell you it was the ultimate catalyst (I’ve not even started this review and I’m already saying chemistry terms, well, get ready to hear me say the word, “Vibranium” 99 times as though it were an actual element in the periodic table!)

The movie starts…

As with most super hero action flick, we hear a narrative while the visuals play it out and BP wasn’t going to be an expectation but it so happens that the narrative-intro wasn’t so mind blowing as hoped for. Take for example, the ancient Egypt themed movie, “Gods of Egypt” where the narrative-intro already got our eardrums and eyeballs glued to the speaker and screen. I felt that narrative for BP was a bit weak…more like a narrative for the kids sitting under the tree in “Tales by moonlight”.

(Well at least thank you for letting us know what ‘vibranium’ is…)

The contrast between the archaic African setting and the futuristic technology was just too great to believe but until the scene were the BP spaceship flies right through the force field surrounding Wakanda and revealing the high-tech glory of the mega city, I was gradually beginning to buy into the Afro-futuristic theme.

The scene of the coronation where the prince’s installment as king was interrupted, I felt was a little bit too...

Continue reading here: https://justiceokwudike.com/2018/02/movie-review-black-panther/

Re: Movie Review: Black Panther by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pls wia/link to download it. Hu want pay big money just 2 watch 1 movie

(1) (Reply)

Ex-us President, Obama In Talks With Netflix To Produce Exclusive Shows / Mark Angel Comedy -UNLOCK IPHONE. / Ex-bbnaija Gifty Blasts Uti Nwachukwu For ‘defending’ Cee-c’s Outburst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.