Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

12 nourishing and filling foods - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 12 nourishing and filling foods (4174 Views)

Johnvents Pure Cocoa Powder - Nigerians Deserve To Enjoy The Nourishing Goodness / Fresh, Hot And Filling; Just Like Home! / Rotary Ice Cream Filling Sealing Machine For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
The foods I'm about to list are filling foods and they contain proteins,calories and vitamins.So let's get down to business. The foods are;

1.Boiled potatoes

2.Eggs

3.Oat meal

4.Soups

5.Legumes such as beans

6.Apples

7.Citric fruits such as oranges and grape fruits

8.Fish

9.Lin meat such as suya

10.Cheese

11.Vegetables

12.Popcorn
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
cheese kwa, dat one na lie. also popcorn, if u chop d one i dey eat with milk, u go blow within 4 wiks
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
cheese kwa, dat one na lie. also popcorn, if u chop d one i dey eat with milk, u go blow within 4 wiks

It's not a lie.I made my research.Try it out
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Benbisco(f): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
Boiled potatoes; sweet or Irish? Also served with what?
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2018
Benbisco:
Boiled potatoes; sweet or Irish? Also served with what?

Either one served with anything you like.
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
This is a pretty good list.
Watch out for the eggs though....the yolk is ful of cholesterol. So that should be removed. Also the healthiest way to eat the egg is boiled.

However, "cheese" actually (while is quite tasty) does add calories and has lots of fat & cholesterol. Cheese clogs the arteries...which can lead to heart disease and heart attacks.
Sometimes it's even worse than some meats. Cheese is quite fattening.
The other item on the list is popcorn.
Now this one is my #2 favorite snackfood....so I'm well- versed in it!
Popcorn is not fattening IF it basically has a very light amount of salt.....and no oil on it.
My favorite way to eat popcorn had been with lots of butter & salt....(the most unhealthy way to eat it). Also caramel & cheese flavored popcorn are also very unhealthy ways to eat it.
Now I just air-pop it and put a little olive oil, onion powder, paprika and a very small amount of garlic powder on it...and it tastes divine!
Now if u want to compare popcorn to other snack foods such as (potato chips, candy, sweets and pastries etc.) then it would definitely be the healthiest option.
But eating popcorn with absolutely NOTHING on it...is the way one can eat it (endlessly) without gaining weight.
I haven't gotten to that point yet...lol.
Good list though smiley

1 Like

Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
MsNgo40:
Watch out for the eggs though....the yolk is ful of cholesterol. So that should be removed. Also the healthiest way to eat the egg is boiled.

However, "cheese" actually (while is quite tasty) does add calories and has lots of fat & cholesterol. Cheese clogs the arteries...which can lead to heart disease and heart attacks.
Popcorn is not fattening IF it basically has a very light amount of salt.....and no oil on it.
My favorite way to eat popcorn had been with lots of butter & salt....(the most unhealthy way to eat it). Also caramel & cheese flavored popcorn are also very unhealthy ways to eat it.
Now I just air-pop it and put a little olive oil, onion powder, paprika and a very small amount of garlic powder on it...and it tastes divine!
Now if u want to compare popcorn to other snack foods such as (potato chips, candy, sweets and pastries etc.) then it would definitely be the healthiest option.
But eating popcorn with absolutely NOTHING on it...is the way one can eat it (endlessly) without gaining weight.
Good list though smiley

Thanks a lot 4 your comments

1 Like

Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Queenara:

MsNgo40:

Good list though smiley

Thanks a lot for your input.

1 Like

Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
Queenara:

Sis,
Thanks for your kindness, humility and being so receptive. I truly appreciate that..... smiley
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by ifyan(m): 3:40am On Mar 05, 2018
I think your list contradict itself. Or was it a mistake
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2018
MsNgo40:

Sis,
Thanks for your kindness, humility and being so receptive. I truly appreciate that..... smiley

No problem.It's my pleasure
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 8:34am On Mar 05, 2018
ifyan:
I think your list contradict itself. Or was it a mistake

It wasn't a mistake. How does it contradict itself?
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by ifyan(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2018
Op l think your finding are wrong, please do a proper research before dishing out false information.

Egg
Cheese. Sorry ohhh.
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2018
ifyan:
Op l think your finding are wrong, please do a proper research before dishing out false information.

Egg
Cheese. Sorry ohhh.
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2018
ifyan:

Egg
Cheese. Sorry ohhh.

Though quite unbelievable, it's the truth.Moreover, is it only eggs and cheese that's on d list
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Probz(m): 10:01am On Mar 05, 2018
Soup as in leek and potato soup obviously. I’ll stick to ogbono soup.
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
Probz:
Soup as in leek and potato soup obviously. I’ll stick to ogbono soup.

Very funny
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by cooluzi: 1:11am On Nov 22, 2018
i have a doubt about cheese tho
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2018
cooluzi:
i have a doubt about cheese tho

Lol
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by cooluzi: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2018
Queenara:

Lol
I see you study in u.i
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Wuraola01(f): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
cooluzi:
I see you study in u.i

Yeah. Right smiley smiley
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by cooluzi: 6:19am On Dec 16, 2018
Queenara:

Yeah. Right smiley smiley
I live not far from u.I tho... you think we should get to know each other?
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
cooluzi:
I live not far from u.I tho... you think we should get to know each other?

Ohh.
Alright.
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by cooluzi: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
Queenara:

Ohh.
Alright.
smiley
Re: 12 nourishing and filling foods by Queenara(f): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
@cooluzi. Seen

You can modify now smiley

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Milkshakes, Ice Cream, Snacks Etc / Xmas Cake Here: / Oyinbo Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.