Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website (1392 Views)

How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Joomla Component For A School Management System / Can You Build A Result Checking Portal For A School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by iluvnet(m): 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
Hi everyone,

am just curious. can a school make money from her website? If yes, how? just wondering if a school website is just for infromation purposes or can it be used to make money.

looking forward to your helpful reply.
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by OmniPotens(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2010
Depending on the planning and structuring of the school website, lots of money could be made from it. I once wrote a plan for a school website and believe me, it was all about making money all around it. The SUG President, well, lemme not get into that. But certainly you can. It's all about strategies and if you've got them, then the school website rocks for you.
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by iluvnet(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
thanks for your reply but you have not really answered the hows. and to add more, i am talking about private nursery/pry/secondary school website this time and not higher institutions.

as a school proprietor, i want to know how it can make money. if it can't then it means that it is just for information purpose only and how on earth can you convince me to pay more than 10k for some thing that is not bringing in money and i will still have to renew it annually. just want to know before the school goes ahead to have one. thanks
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by Afam(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2010
iluvnet:

thanks for your reply but you have not really answered the hows. and to add more, i am talking about private nursery/pry/secondary school website this time and not higher institutions.

as a school proprietor, i want to know how it can make money. if it can't then it means that it is just for information purpose only and how on earth can you convince me to pay more than 10k for some thing that is not bringing in money and i will still have to renew it annually. just want to know before the school goes ahead to have one. thanks

I think you have raised a very important issue here - Why bother with a website if the cost cannot be justified.

Trust me, there is no easy answer to your question because people get websites for different reasons from information dissemination to e-commerce or from social networking to support services.

Not all businesses are online but the advantages of websites are immense if implemented properly depending on what the owners of the websites want.

However, just as a proprietress of a school you would not allow a pupil pass through your school without paying it will be difficult (not impossible though) to get someone to analyze your needs and advice or recommend ways you can make money from your website.

So, why do you want a website? Is it because your friends have websites? Is it because you want a centralized information center that is accessible 24/7? Do you want to make easy for people to find out information about your school, apply or register?

It depends on you.
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by OmniPotens(m): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Afam
Nice reply. Different purposes for the website thing.

@iluvnet
Owing a website for your school would expose you to certain upgrades on your school activities. You could host your results online, assignments delivered online to every students, parents could see their wards school assessment online and even place a trouble ticket in case anything happened and they will like to know about it. So many things could go in there. It depends on your planning again just as I said before.
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by iluvnet(m): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2010
OmniPotens:

@Afam
Nice reply. Different purposes for the website thing.

@iluvnet
Owing a website for your school would expose you to certain upgrades on your school activities. You could host your results online, assignments delivered online to every students, parents could see their wards school assessment online and even place a trouble ticket in case anything happened and they will like to know about it. So many things could go in there. It depends on your planning again just as I said before.

Thanks everyone for your input. but hoestly OmniPotens, do you think it is a good idea that will be well received by parents if schools introduce fess for results checking liek waec,neco, etc. obviously i am not talking about pupils in the lower classes but talking about pupils in the secondary schools. what of if the scholl want to sell advert pspots on her websit, is this okay and viable? hope i've given some insights into what i am really thinking about - the website, no matter the cost should serve information purpose as well as help generate money. what do you think, nice peopple of nigeria?

thanks for your assistance, i really apprecaite your taking the time to reply this thread. i lack words enough to convey my gratitude. God bless you all.
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 26, 2010
Afam na intelligent dude na!!!
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by bug24(m): 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
@iluvmet, we actualy have a 100% ANSWER and SOLUTION to ur QUESTION. believe me, its proven and skools (mostly secondary) are subscribed to dis platform. d money making is done right in ur office while d students smilingly visit d school website every now and then even 20yrs afta graduating from ur school. SURPRISED? we are not talking about u making thousands of naira but posibly millions every term depending on d number of ur students. kindly lets have ur direct line or email, we will contact you ASAP. this web application (SRaAMS) was designed & hosted by iPAGE SOLUTIONS. a firm based in PORT HARCOURT. a proposal will be forwarded to you on request. email: admin@ipageng.com hope i spoke well?
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by iluvnet(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2010
bug24:

@iluvmet, we actualy have a 100% ANSWER and SOLUTION to your QUESTION. believe me, its proven and skools (mostly secondary) are subscribed to dis platform. d money making is done right in your office while d students smilingly visit d school website every now and then even 20yrs afta graduating from your school. SURPRISED? we are not talking about u making thousands of naira but posibly millions every term depending on d number of your students. kindly lets have your direct line or email, we will contact you ASAP. this web application (SRaAMS) was designed & hosted by iPAGE SOLUTIONS. a firm based in PORT HARCOURT. a proposal will be forwarded to you on request. email: admin@ipageng.com hope i spoke well?

Thanks for your reply. send the proposal to rasaqt@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by iluvnet(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2010
Hi Omnipotens, can you please send your proposal to rasaqt@yahoo.com? Thanks for all your ideas but I will like to see how it translate to money making on the website. looking forward to your email.
Re: Pls How Can A School Make Money From Her Website by Samueson: 10:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Nairaland is the state and the forum of this state has the way of many important and quick response of gadget preparation as well. The website is way forward toward the benefit of my assignment help by helping the assignment of making money by the schools.

(1) (Reply)

Dominant Search Engine Optimiation Practices For 2018 / Is There Any Special Benefit Of Switching To HTTPS? / Free 5GB Cpanel Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.