Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? (18672 Views)

5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job / Latest MTN Jobs For Bsc And HND With 2nd Class Lower, Lower Credit And Above. / Can Someone Get A Job With Lower Credit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by bigt2(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:

Yes sir. thanks. hope you are not offended and sorry if you are. Take care
No offense taken whatsoever. Accept the assurances of my warmest regards.

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by jazinogold(m): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2018
77up:
it been long I hv been reading this poo online , can someone just wake and become an enterprenuer without acquiring capital and proper plan for the busines quite alright we all know its more better to be enterprenuer than a salary earner but no matter what ,in a country where citizen have no right or chance to empowerment fund so everyone need a start from somewhere .

YOU CAN GET FUNDS FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMEBERS
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2018
sunbbo:
Sure now,

If you are the employer which will you prefer? A pass as grade or a distinction.
How I don't get you
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2018
madgoat:

OP na lie, na wetin u graduate with. Come out of the closet and say u are the one so that u can receive honest blunt answers grin
Sorry I am not the one. I don't get your answer too. What you graduate with, come out of the closet how?
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Yankee101: 10:43am On Feb 28, 2018
Less than stellar performance will always hinder job chances out the door. Other persons got better grades than you did, hence their advantage over you.

Your options?
1. Further studies
2. Acquire on the job skills by offering free to near-free services in order to add experience to your resume
3. Become an entrepreneur and employ those with better grades than yourself

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Kunlexity(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2018
I can relate to that. In most cases and in a situation where you apply for work with HND result, you will be asked to provide your OND result for vetting sake , knowing full well that you didn't just have HND, you must pass through OND before acquiring HND. So, the person's poor performance at ND level does not count, as the focus would be on HND certificate.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2018
Kunlexity:
I can relate to that. In most cases and in a situation where you apply for work with HND result, you will be asked to provide your OND result for vetting sake , knowing full well that you didn't just have HND, you must pass through OND before acquiring HND. So, the person's poor performance at ND level does not count, as the focus would be on HND certificate.
You haven't answered the question.
If the OND result is pass and HND is upper credit, the person is applying as HND holder, what would you do if you were the employer?
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by adetopsy1(m): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2018
moscobabs:
3 of them graduated the same year from The polytechnic Ibadan in 2006 and they studied Accounting Ade graduated with Upper credit while me Kola graduated with Lower credit and Yemi with pass.

Kola was the one that first get job in a multinational company simply because he can defend his lower credit even in the mist of First class graduate from reputable universities.

Yemi, because of inferiority complex he is working as security operative in Haloging security company.

Ade who graduated with Upper credit is still selecting job because he cant start work with little salary.

The fact is that Yemi was the most brilliant among the three friends back from the polytechnic but he was very sick in first semester of HND 1 and couldnt do some of the exams , same happen to him in ND 2 that makes his GP low. Ade is from a rich background, he had money to settle his way to have a good grade .

Kola was an average student he read and serious with his Exam but Poly ibadan Accounting dept is just too tough for him.

10 years after :

Yemi HND, PGD,BSC,MBA,ACA,became a owner of a SECURITY COMPANY (very big one ) in lagos

Kola HND,PGD,BSC,MBA,CIA,ACCA is now a manager in a multinational company with a lot of investments

Ade HND,PGD student MBA and ICAN is now working under Yemi's security company as a Recruiter or HR sa.

Its not all about your certificate but about yourself and your mind, you can get job with any grade if you can defend your certificate do not let anybody discourage you Certificate is just a paper but what you have upstairs is more paramount and can take you to anywhere .

Just be focus

I am one of the 3 friends

can someone please summarize this story for me
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Jokkarm2: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2018
I WANT TO RESPOND TO THIS BECAUSE OF YOUNG OR FRESH GRADUATES. PLEASE DON'T BE DECEIVED BY THIS, OND, HND, HIGHER OF LOWER CLASS CAN GET WORK, BUT TRY TO HAVE WORK EXPERIENCE AND BEEN ABLE TO OFFER SOMETHING TO THE EMPLOYER. I AM A GRADUATE FROM ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY WITH SECOND CLASS LOWER (2;2) AM WORKING IN A PRIVATE COMPANY AS A DATA ANALYST , BEFORE THIS JOB I HAVE WORKED AS A CUSTOMER SERV REP, I HAVE NOT BEEN DISCRIMINATED FOR GRADE, I PUT IN MY BEST IN WORK AND I DELIVER. I EARN 80K IN MY CURRENT JOB, OND,HND ALSO WORK AND WE WORK LIKE A TEAM. PLEASE STOP DISTURBING YOUR SELF BUT TRY HAVE SOMETHING IN YOUR BRAIN TO OFFER.

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by olmoRoc: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2018
Any employer that only looks at the grade on the certificate/transcript is not ready for the 21st century. For me, it's the process and not the product that matters.

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by iSpread(m): 12:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:

Know what to do how? someone said once you have HND your OND is irrelevant.
I tried explaining to the person that the OND won't be given much priority, that what the employer will give much priority to is the HND.
but he was still confused. saying the poor grade in OND is a big stain already that employers won't be confused much.
Bros, I came again and saw that impossibility doesn't exist.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by OShepherd: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
moscobabs:
3 of them graduated the same year from The polytechnic Ibadan in 2006 and they studied Accounting Ade graduated with Upper credit while me Kola graduated with Lower credit and Yemi with pass.

Kola was the one that first get job in a multinational company simply because he can defend his lower credit even in the mist of First class graduate from reputable universities.

Yemi, because of inferiority complex he is working as security operative in Haloging security company.

Ade who graduated with Upper credit is still selecting job because he cant start work with little salary.

The fact is that Yemi was the most brilliant among the three friends back from the polytechnic but he was very sick in first semester of HND 1 and couldnt do some of the exams , same happen to him in ND 2 that makes his GP low. Ade is from a rich background, he had money to settle his way to have a good grade .

Kola was an average student he read and serious with his Exam but Poly ibadan Accounting dept is just too tough for him.

10 years after :

Yemi HND, PGD,BSC,MBA,ACA,became a owner of a SECURITY COMPANY (very big one ) in lagos

Kola HND,PGD,BSC,MBA,CIA,ACCA is now a manager in a multinational company with a lot of investments

Ade HND,PGD student MBA and ICAN is now working under Yemi's security company as a Recruiter or HR sa.

Its not all about your certificate but about yourself and your mind, you can get job with any grade if you can defend your certificate do not let anybody discourage you Certificate is just a paper but what you have upstairs is more paramount and can take you to anywhere .

Just be focus

I am one of the 3 friends
Great one Bro! its all abt FOCUS, U will get there someday even if its "CRAWLING"

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Caseless: 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:
I came across this question somewhere so I decided to share it here.

Question : If you have “Pass or Lower credit" in your OND. Maybe you made a mistake

Then your HND you made up for it by having “Distinction or Upper credit"

When applying for a job. Maybe during the interview your employer asks you what did you have in your OND you say “Pass or Lower credit" then he asks what did you have in your HND you say “Distinction or Upper credit" most especially Pass would that OND poor grade affect your chances of getting the job?

Assuming you're applying as an HND holder not OND holder.

How is this going to affect you in the labour market on a long run?

Your thoughts.
NO!
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
I have different skills, like repairs of electrical appliances like pressing iron,electric stove,house wiring,ceiling and standing fans, mobile phones,laptop and cctv installation,but still i don't have the capital to establish myself.You also need connection to get client.My former boss whom is into cctv installation uses his personal money to do installation for clients before he is paid.That is after some month that the job does not have fault.Also,he get to bribe to get big contract to install CCTV and networking for big companies.So,stop giving false advice.
calddon:
All this certificate nonsense angry

Dia r no jobs for crying out loud.

Instead of being employed....learn a skill and be an entrepreneur.

It's is the notion of go to school, get good grades, get a good job and live life happily ever after that got us here in the first place. .....we were all scammed my fellow youths
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by calddon(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
comshots:
I have different skills, like repairs of electrical appliances like pressing iron,electric stove,house wiring,ceiling and standing fans, mobile phones,laptop and cctv installation,but still i don't have the capital to establish myself.You also need connection to get client.My former boss whom is into cctv installation uses his personal money to do installation for clients before he is paid.That is after some month that the job does not have fault.Also,he get to bribe to get big contract to install CCTV and networking for big companies.So,stop giving false advice.
Bro u can start from a small beginning...
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by dexiouz(m): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
There are jobs in this country, well paying jobs.
Those who think there are no jobs in this Nigeria, that is your palava, please don't poison other people's mind.

And please, if you think there's no job, don't send your own kids to school...

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Rozaytee: 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:
I came across this question somewhere so I decided to share it here.

Question : If you have “Pass or Lower credit" in your OND. Maybe you made a mistake

Then your HND you made up for it by having “Distinction or Upper credit"

When applying for a job. Maybe during the interview your employer asks you what did you have in your OND you say “Pass or Lower credit" then he asks what did you have in your HND you say “Distinction or Upper credit" most especially Pass would that OND poor grade affect your chances of getting the job?

Assuming you're applying as an HND holder not OND holder.

How is this going to affect you in the labour market on a long run?

Your thoughts.
connection can get u any job in naija
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Tbeiz: 8:01am On Mar 02, 2018
Where is the job?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.