Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie (11905 Views)

Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
Lothario:
you can never please a woman
You can, to a certain extent.

God help you though if you're stuck with a needy one.
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
crackhaus:

You're right, but are you gay? I didn't think so.
Do you want kids? I think so.

So you do need a man. It's isn't such a bad thing cheesy
Yes you're right, I'm not gay.
Yea I want kids in future but if I don't find a man who's values match mine, I'd rather remain single forever.
It's the 21st century, there are sperm banks, if my maternal instincts make me desire kids that badly, I'll visit one or adopt 2 or 3 children seeing as there are already so many kids in the world who need parents to love and care for them. Simple

1 Like

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by bukatyne(f): 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
KevinDein:
TBH, based on the stories I hear from my female colleagues, with regards to their contributions to the "home", I think we men, especially in "modern" Africa where women take part in the corporate lifestyle in addition to their domestic roles, are getting the better end of the deal. I won't swap our "stress" with theirs, grin

It's tough for some of these ladies, guys.

(and I hate taking sides with women on nairaland)

Thank you for your honesty.

I see some of my male colleagues more open to helps cos they see that both men & women work same and women are still expected to keep the home.

They also know that they are having it better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by bukatyne(f): 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Intrepid01:

Yea true....but the Nigerian definition of Feminism is the ability of a lady to initiate confrontation, exhibit over-confidence and show huge disrespect on every subject matter of discourse with a Man....just for self satisfaction, thinking antagonism is tantamount to Independence.

I know for years Men have lauded it over Women, as the Head of the House....but going overboard in a bit to correct the wrong notion isn't the way forward.

The truth is Men too do many things at home that are always over looked....but in the end I pray we all end up with people we share similar views on home management with...cos at that time the size of the boobs n yansh or size of the dick n pack of muscles won't matter anylonger....it will be a world of open realities...

I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by bukatyne(f): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
tunjilana:
even when she does my money is my money and your money is our money from the earnings of the so called work she is working ?

Yes.

In a traditional marriage, a husband brings the resources aka money while the wife brings the time aka doing things to keep the home that's why most things men do in the home requires money while most things women do requires time.

Actually, you are either spending time or money in this life.

Back on course, when a wife works full time, she doesn't have the time to do 'her duties' hence the added stress. Afterall, if I am a housewife, what is cooking, cleaning and running the home? I can decide to sleep/watch movies/ visit friends/etc for 3 days and use the remaining 4 days to do all I need to do in the home....

However, if I work say 8am - 5pm, leave home 6am to beat traffic and get home by 8:00pm, I have in reality spent 6am - 8pm outside (14hrs out of 24hrs) outside the home which I cannot use to do anything at home because I am not there. Also remember that as you are fagged out after a long day, I am also fagged out.

If I get home and start making dinner or doing something else or my weekends when I should rest for the next week, I am carrying much more burden. And in reality, most wives do not do me & my husband alone because the husband is not capable to finance the home alone and they want to 'contribute to the home'.

Irrespective of the model, a working wife does much more hence a number of people advocate wives should stay at home or they get helps.

KevinDein understands this.

1 Like

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by bukatyne(f): 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
davour:
Bro I can really relate your story to my cousin, he couldn't handle d pressure anymore then he ran to my house and stayed for one week, I had to take a week sick leave .. All we did was to bring beer, make noise, play ps3 and bet9ja

Poor him.

Did he/ anyone else let the wife know this?
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by bukatyne(f): 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
crackhaus:

Your last paragraph is the crux of that post. Everything else above that? Well....

Konga grin
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
bukatyne:

Konga grin
Not quite noise really.. just 'vintage you' trying to shift from the point by an inch to accommodate your position, even when you very well know the point at the back of your mind. grin
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by ebby9z(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
What I hate most is the cloak of victimisation females put up. They believe their cooking in the house makes them the most hardworking and less-preferred partner in marriage, yet they live longer than the men.

A colleague of mine who works as hard as any does, was saying the other day that she fakes around her fiancee. She hardly raises her hand to do anything because he's always ready to help. Talk of being opportunistic and exploitative.

Guys, wise up. Don't let female wiles and craftiness get you. Forget those their whiny voices and gesticulations. It's all a scam. Do what you can and move on with your life. There's a difference between being loved and being used.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
trustyshoess:

Yes you're right, I'm not gay.
Yea I want kids in future but if I don't find a man who's values match mine, I'd rather remain single forever.
It's the 21st century, there are sperm banks, if my maternal instincts make me desire kids that badly, I'll visit one or adopt 2 or 3 children seeing as there are already so many kids in the world who need parents to love and care for them. Simple
That issue of depth again.

You do not want to be single forever, no healthy well-balanced human really wants to be single forever.
People just say that, you're just saying typing that smiley

2 Likes

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
crackhaus:

That issue of depth again.

You do not want to be single forever, no healthy well-balanced human really wants to be single forever.
People just say that, you're just saying typing that smiley
That's what you think. You're free to make any assumptions you like, I've said my piece.

1 Like

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 12:14am On Mar 01, 2018
trustyshoess:

That's what you think. You're free to make any assumptions you like, I've said my piece.
I wasn't expecting you to just so easily agree with my "assumptions" either. cheesy

I just intended to make you think about it, like really think about if you can actually stay single forever.

1 Like

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Intrepid01(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2018
RuthDaniels:
I understand you perfectly. I've seen more than enough comments from some feminists on nairaland that sometimes make me question their sanity / humanity. But I have been made to realize that while some do not understand what feminism entails, some see it as a way to express their pent up anger and frustrations. Matters that should be discussed with no gender discrimination all greased with forced sentiments. And I wonder where Fairness has gone to.

Lol, How can I oppose that fact when just yesterday my younger brother offered to fix a bulb in the house without me asking? I got the bulb but he collected it to have it fixed, How much more the other males in the family? Lol I can't even on a generator neither have I ever washed a car, it's the guys job. cheesy .I believe we form our perspective from what goes on around us, so you must understand if some oppose to this thread Your prayer is the most important for us all.

Salute!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 01, 2018
crackhaus:

I wasn't expecting you to just so easily agree with my "assumptions" either. cheesy

I just intended to make you think about it, like really think about if you can actually stay single forever.
Yup
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by tunjilana: 3:39am On Mar 01, 2018
bukatyne:

Yes.

In a traditional marriage, a husband brings the resources aka money while the wife brings the time aka doing things to keep the home that's why most things men do in the home requires money while most things women do requires time.

Actually, you are either spending time or money in this life.

Back on course, when a wife works full time, she doesn't have the time to do 'her duties' hence the added stress. Afterall, if I am a housewife, what is cooking, cleaning and running the home? I can decide to sleep/watch movies/ visit friends/etc for 3 days and use the remaining 4 days to do all I need to do in the home....

However, if I work say 8am - 5pm, leave home 6am to beat traffic and get home by 8:00pm, I have in reality spent 6am - 8pm outside (14hrs out of 24hrs) outside the home which I cannot use to do anything at home because I am not there. Also remember that as you are fagged out after a long day, I am also fagged out.

If I get home and start making dinner or doing something else or my weekends when I should rest for the next week, I am carrying much more burden. And in reality, most wives do not do me & my husband alone because the husband is not capable to finance the home alone and they want to 'contribute to the home'.

Irrespective of the model, a working wife does much more hence a number of people advocate wives should stay at home or they get helps.

KevinDein understands this.
Let me help you get my point. In a traditional marriage the man provides resources and the woman provides time to make the home as you said. If the man leaves his traditional role nd decides he wants to start providing time at home instead of winning bread, we knw the family will suffer, if any wife agrees to this then the husband must spend must spend his time doing those domestics while his wife goes to bring resources else he is a selfish fraud. So when a woman leaves her traditional 'time at home' role to start winning bread, the family also suffers and if a man accepts that it will be because the resource she earns goes well into co funding the family in an accountable manner. But if the woman keeps her money to herself and believe the man should understand abd still help in the kitchen or get her a maid bla bla bla then she is also a selfish fraud. Most men who seem not to be helpful in donestic work has seen through this folly. Trust me if a man clearly sees how that your work fills something meaningful in the house budget he will understand all the adjustments you make to make sure domestics dont suffer, he will even plan with you and help u adjust. But if I dont see the money, I will ensure to ask that my food is freshly made and not microwaved smiley, i will ban the use of a maid, i will act overtly traditional self and it is in such instances women scream my husband isnt supportive. I know a guy who pays for a maid, bought all the electronic donestic gadgets with his funds, tries to make home on time to help the kids with school work even paid a lesson teacher just cos the wife works yet her salary no dey reach house because the man is supposedly financially comfortable. Who is the slave in this instance. Any man who provides for his family totally or at a percentage far higher than his wife is already slaving and no woman should feel she is a slave for bn asked to cook and clean for such a man. It is not slavery but duty.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 5:42am On Mar 01, 2018
So this write up happens everyday in real life? Did you say you are in Africa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 5:45am On Mar 01, 2018
KOPT55:
Only a man who doesn't know his worth will become a maid in his own home.

If there is anything that I don't joke with, it is my time. I don't entertain any unplanned demands on my time
because I consider those to be a waste.

Most women intentionally pretend to be clueless in order not to do any work. I won't even entertain that crap. I will only settle down
with an action-woman, a go-getter. No one has time to be babying another grown-ass human.

Since we are all about equality in these day and time, people have to get their shit done.

Men, please ensure your wife or partner is capable. Believe me, there are no damsels in distress.

Most women can do the things they are always on men's neck for unless said thing is too heavy or something.

And hope you do your own things too, like wash and iron your clothes, take care of your children when their independent mum isn’t around, go get yourself water from the fridge, tidy your own room, etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by mayorkyzo: 8:47am On Mar 01, 2018
trustyshoess:

Uhm, men get breast cancer too so...
and what percentage of men gets breast cancer compared to women..and prostrate cancer affects men alone...
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2018
mayorkyzo:
and what percentage of men gets breast cancer compared to women..and prostrate cancer affects men alone...
Obviously, women get breast cancer way more than men because women have much more breast tissue therefore a higher SA where cancerous cells can arise. I was just stating that men get breast cancer too so stop making cancer research a gender war.
I don't know about the stats in Nigeria but I know that the reason why there is more funding towards breast cancer than prostate cancer in the UK and US, despite their similar incidence and mortality rates, is the age at which each cancer can affect an individual. Women as young as 18 can develop breast cancer so it spans a wider age range than prostate cancer which usually affects men after the age of 40, with most of the affected men being 60 and over
Also, although prostate cancer is rare in women, it doesn't affect men alone
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Saintmary(f): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2018
crackhaus:

You're right, but are you gay? I didn't think so.
Do you want kids? I think so.

So you do need a man. It's isn't such a bad thing cheesy
She might need the man's copulation products, maybe not the man himself. Whatever works for everyone
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Danhumprey: 10:18am On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 01, 2018
Danhumprey:
Uhhhmmmmm.........hello? I just sent you a message on facebook. Please,do reply. It is urgent.
Replied
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Patrotism: 10:20am On Mar 01, 2018
Well written bro. The way our women are going these days trying to turn the men to maids, I fear for them.
A thoroughly bred African woman should be happy to cook for her husband and children. The essence of marriage is not for the wife to open her legs and get bleeped!. Any and every lady knows how to open leg. The difference between wife and other ladies out there is her ability to take care of the home including her husband while the man should provide for her and the entire family. Where the wife is deficient, the husband should cover up and vice-visa. NON SHOULD FEEL USED!!
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Danhumprey: 10:30am On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 01, 2018
JoyceMeyersFan:

And hope you do your own things too, like wash and iron your clothes, take care of your children when their independent mum isn’t around, go get yourself water from the fridge, tidy your own room, etc

See the kind of inconsequential things that you are putting too much thought on. Lol. Women sef
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
Saintmary:

She might need the man's copulation products, maybe not the man himself. Whatever works for everyone
Lol @copulatuon products, what a way to put it. Just say sperm. grin

Well the point is, she ended up needing sperm which only comes from a man. And every time she looks at the child she bore from that random sperm, she must be grateful to the man who provided it and have some respect because he made her happy when he didnt have to. cheesy

Without him, she would have had no pregnancy, let alone the kid borne from it.
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
JoyceMeyersFan:

I'm surprised you didn't add, buy your own stuff/gifts and spoil yourself silly. grin

Oh I forgot, men already do that on their own.
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by Saintmary(f): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
crackhaus:

Lol @copulatuon products, what a way to put it. Just say sperm. grin

Well the point is, she ended up needing sperm which only comes from a man. And every time she looks at the child she bore from that random sperm, she must be grateful to the man who provided it and have some respect because he made her happy when he didnt have to. cheesy

Without him, she would have had no pregnancy, let alone the kid borne from it.
it's nice to see you guys highlighting your usefulness in procreation. don't forget, if the lady pays for it, she doesn't need to feel indebted.
Re: Husband Not Maid! - By Dipor Exzie by crackhaus: 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
Saintmary:

it's nice to see you guys highlighting your usefulness in procreation. don't forget, if the lady pays for it, she doesn't need to feel indebted.
Indebtedness? Far from it.

Gratefulness, that's more like it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Buy Baby Cot Lagos / Why Am I So Unemotional? / Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.