Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Ran Away From Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ran Away From Interview (26734 Views)

Three Kinds Of People You Must Run Away From: / Any Info From Interview With Chevron Cooperatives For Accounting Officer / What Should I Expect From Interview At Doheney Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ran Away From Interview by sprints1: 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
neheholmes:

Sounds funny, but honestly you should have given it a try, last year this time, I was paid 10k for 8 to 5 job. Try to build relationship cos it's priceless and build urself too . I can relate with ur situation though .today am working with an international organization and my salary is too fantastic.infact by weekend I will be in Abuja with a returning ticket just to attend workshop and training .we all need to start somewhere!
bro i get ur point about relationship building u will meet people and get more chance to interact.. but it is quite riduculous to earn 10k to 8k as a graduate regardless of the degree that is slavery mehn...
Re: Ran Away From Interview by sprints1: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2018
Unicorn6498:
same here too my foolish boss is owning 3month salary and just brought Toyota tundra latest edition
Bros jobs nowadays tire me
To get job Wahala
To get paid wahala
U get owed another wahala
The truth is Nigerian employers are wicked and using the advantage to exploit young youths and graduates.. Nigerians are wicket infact they are really wicket..just try and invest no matter what high cost of living nad transportation even feeding is another problem in this country yet most of these employers are underpaying workers

1 Like

Re: Ran Away From Interview by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
Iseoluwani:
Celebrate with me m getting married this month

Happy new month

Overpopulation loading at its peak smhh
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
Chuksmonika:
,no mind them,seriously some employees are just funny,15k that wont even be enough for me to get some good quality shirts and jeans

Lol did u just say some good quality, The money wouldn't even fly high with Aba made talkless of quality wears lol.

1 Like

Re: Ran Away From Interview by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
hakanby09:
I know off a particular Micro Finance bank at Onipan (Lagos State), (BC cash Micro Finance Bank)

New staff will first work for one month before interview (your performance will determine if you pass the interview).

after the interview, your first salary will not be paid (will be kept by the company till you are ready to leave the company which they will not release)

second month salary - you will receive half

then you start collecting full salary from the third month

Aside from pension and tax, certain amount will be deducted from your salary every month (they call it RECOVERY), they said this will be refunded when you are ready to leave the company

you will provide your working tools (pen, calculator etc.)

you have to follow up with HR department on a monthly basis to collect your salary, else you will not be paid for that month)

they work from 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday at times Sunday

at time they ask staff to sleep overnight

so many things that cannot be said here are going on in that company.

It is well, I have faith in God i won't work under anyone when i become a graduate.
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Montez90: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
sprints1:

Bros jobs nowadays tire me
To get job Wahala
To get paid wahala
U get owed another wahala
The truth is Nigerian employers are wicked and using the advantage to exploit young youths and graduates.. Nigerians are wicket infact they are really wicket..just try and invest no matter what high cost of living nad transportation even feeding is another problem in this country yet most of these employers are underpaying workers
nigerian employers no send, especially a One man company, if you've a wasteful boss, then you're in for it
Re: Ran Away From Interview by omoelerin1: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
hakanby09:
I know off a particular Micro Finance bank at Onipan (Lagos State), (BC cash Micro Finance Bank)

New staff will first work for one month before interview (your performance will determine if you pass the interview).

after the interview, your first salary will not be paid (will be kept by the company till you are ready to leave the company which they will not release)

second month salary - you will receive half

then you start collecting full salary from the third month

Aside from pension and tax, certain amount will be deducted from your salary every month (they call it RECOVERY), they said this will be refunded when you are ready to leave the company

you will provide your working tools (pen, calculator etc.)

you have to follow up with HR department on a monthly basis to collect your salary, else you will not be paid for that month)

they work from 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday at times Sunday

at time they ask staff to sleep overnight

so many things that cannot be said here are going on in that company.

Could this be true?
Re: Ran Away From Interview by omoelerin1: 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
jaicey:
Nigerians, always looking for cheap labour, if you cant afford to pay someone, do the work yourself and eat the money, enjoy the stress too. Even this job search of a thing has turned someone who was supposed to be my close friend to something else, she recommeded me for a job and lied that i had the required experience just so i could get the job, the only reason was because she wanted 50% of my first pay. Job that i had not even gotten.
Your close friend wants 50% of your first salary, simply because he recommended you?
Re: Ran Away From Interview by omoelerin1: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
skyblue4real:
Some people are crazy when it comes to employment.
Mine told me 20k, but terms and condition applied.
I will work from 8:00a.m to 7:00pm, you can't leave the office for any reason on daily bases.
And I have to work from Monday till Saturday. No time for your self.
slavery
Re: Ran Away From Interview by karlboss: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
One bank offered my guy marketing job of 30k but 20 million naira monthly target for the first month. The guy take off
Re: Ran Away From Interview by 77up(m): 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2018
how do I find myself in this country wen ordinary Singapore is dia with average living standard .....nawa o sad
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Montez90: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
karlboss:
One bank offered my guy marketing job of 30k but 20 million naira monthly target for the first month. The guy take off
good idea
Re: Ran Away From Interview by jkbee(m): 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Akious2k2:
15k just like dat? Are u guys kidding me... Go and check what some graduates are receiving and come back to Thank GOD for the 15k...
Ordinary interns for dat matter... Na wa o
I just hope u get a better place eventually 'cos I believe u just blew an opportunity.
grin
U no nice walahi #Truth though Naija reality
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Emmaesty(f): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Montez90:
I went for a graduate intern job interview today, I scaled through the question phase, the interviewer asked me do I know the amount they pay to intern, I said no, he said they 15k, I said okay, he said I should go and wait for a practical test, I didn't bother to wait, I left immediately.
Was it proper that way?, the office looks rough and unkempt
Is the place at Allen perhaps?
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Montez90: 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
Emmaesty:
Is the place at Allen perhaps?
yes
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Emmaesty(f): 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
Montez90:
you need to hear crazy question the interviewer was asking, like what church do you attend, which church activity do you engage in, for a management job embarassed
The organization is probably a Christian organization. Most Christian organizations do not employ Muslims and the likes because of the daily prayers and fasting that they might embark on as a team. It's all good tho.

I was also offered 15k as a salary for an internship position. I worked Mondays to Saturdays and sometimes on Sunday.

It was a PRE-NYSC stuff tho. I gained the necessary experience and left. It helped me get better jobs
Re: Ran Away From Interview by Emmaesty(f): 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
Montez90:
yes
Might be the same place I interned. Care to chat? I'll send you a PM
Re: Ran Away From Interview by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:22am On Mar 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

Please the bird in hand has to make sense. 15k job for a graduate intern is an insult. Just Tfare and feeding will finish the money.

There are some jobs we shouldn't take just because a bird in hand is worth...blah blah blah
good head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For AOS Orwell Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / IPI Powertech Graduate Trainee Recruitment Program 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.