Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Help! Oau Students!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! Oau Students!!! (1273 Views)

OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Oau Students!!! by Toyin001: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hi Great Ife students. This isn't really enormous a help, all I need is this useful information.

Stallites in the house, I heard OAU has a different way they treat carry over courses after it's been retaken unlike other schools where it'll be simply added up after you've passed the course.

Please I'll prefer to hear from someone that has carried before and has retaken or probably it's happened to your very close friend and you're very sure, this is because I've heard different versions, some even say it'll no longer add to your GP again...

SO PLEASE AND PLEASE?

How does OAU compute courses that have been carried over first and has now been retaken and passed in a student's Grade Point Average?

THANKS IN ADVANCE wink wink wink
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by angiography(m): 8:07am On Mar 01, 2018
I assume you're a fresh student. So, let's say a student fails chm101, a 4 unit course, he gets 0/20. Since F (scoring below 40) has no grade, whereas a student with A in that same course will have 20/20!.

Now, having F in a course means one would retake the course another year (except if you're in college of health sciences and pharmacy where any failure - even in practical - in 100l leads to an automatic repeat of the whole year ). Retaking the course, chm 101 now, and say you passed it with an A should ordinarily make you have 20/20! But here in OAU, the two times you've taken it would be added together and average would be found.... So, having an F in the original year(0/20) and A in the carry over (20/20) will give you a cumulative of 20/40.....

1 Like

Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by angiography(m): 8:11am On Mar 01, 2018
Unfortunately, that's the fate of many of great Ife students....check this pix to know the extent of failure in say, chm 101 last year.

Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by Zico5(m): 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
angiography:
Unfortunately, that's the fate of many of great Ife students....check this pix to know the extent of failure in say, chm 101 last year.
Education has gone to the dogs. Students are no more reading
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by ChiomaMee: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
Zico5:

Why will students read, ehn.... just tell me. In my country, education is not encouraged. Imagine bagging a First Class degree in a reputable university and not getting a decent job yet #45million naira is.......Ohhhh please. Never make such statement again. Neveeeerrrr angry
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by Toyin001: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thanks very much @angiography, God bless you. I'm not a fresher actually, I actually did carry a course (1-unit course), I'll retake it this coming section, I'll tryan get an A and trust God, that'll end like a C on the ordinary, not very bad. Thanks once again.
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by Toyin001: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
Zico5:

Well, I'll quite disagree with that statement. I won't ordinarily quite disagree but strongly disagree, students still read, at least, in OAU that I know. @angiography, what's your say on this?
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by Toyin001: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
angiography:
Was crazily surprised when the statistics were released, cos I mean, CHM101 was pretty simple to be honest, those statistics blew me off sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by angiography(m): 7:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Toyin001:
Thanks very much @angiography, God bless you. I'm not a fresher actually, I actually did carry a course (1-unit course), I'll retake it this coming section, I'll tryan get an A and trust God, that'll end like a C on the ordinary, not very bad. Thanks once again.

1 Unit!!... Wow. Well, you'll do well. It's all written over your post... You'll be fine
Re: Help! Oau Students!!! by angiography(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2018
Toyin001:
Well, I'll quite disagree with that statement. I won't ordinarily quite disagree but strongly disagree, students still read, at least, in OAU that I know. @angiography, what's your say on this?

To be sincere, I'll want to agree with him...at least judging from this present crop of part 1 students going to 2, I was once forced to think if they had interest in education at all (well, some blame it on the mode of admission!)

But generally, I would say the problem stems from our high schools. Many undergraduates are ill-prepared to take on rigorous University workload.
Bad, poor and ineffective teaching facilities are all factors. I'm in college and our MB results will be released today.... The result is the poorest in 5 years! Yet many logged no less than 10 hrs of reading per day

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience At The Fsb Exam Today / CRUTECH School Fees / Updated International Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.