Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Here Is My Secret Weapon - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Here Is My Secret Weapon (311 Views)

My Secret “5 Step Framework” To Land Your Dream Job / THE SECRET WEAPON TO HIT YOUR PERSONAL GOAL / Fear! The Greatest Weapon For Greatness..by Oyewole Adeboye. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Is My Secret Weapon by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 01, 2018
HERE IS MY SECRET WEAPON
There’s only one thing, one constant thing that I believe keeps me moving closer to my goals, and keeps me fixed on what I want to do.

It’s got nothing to do with my faith or attracting things to me with positive energy called #affirmation.

My secret weapon is that I read.

Running a business, being a writer, living a full life — these things depend on the knowledge that we can gain and use. What we call following our gut, is really us being subconsciously guided by every piece of information we’ve ever consumed, shaping our instincts and ideas and forming us.

I read constantly, throughout every single day. I read obsessively, consuming new books and revisiting old at an alarming rate. I read because I want to see the world through new sets of eyes.

My bookshelves strain under the weight of books about Steve Jobs, finance, Walmart, sales, marketing, team leadership and management, and business.

I read books on my phone whenever I am traveling or not at home. I read books about business, startups, and entrepreneurship.

This is because there is always something new to learn, something that could shift my point of view or expose me to a different way of thinking. And because when I want to quit, the paths and advice of those who’ve gone before me act as a guide.

I read about economic theory, and struggle through it despite how heavy it gets, and I read books about Internet marketing.

I read new books, to find new ideas and old books because there is always a detail I missed no matter how many times I may have gone over it.

I read, because there is so much more to the world than the corner of it. If I never tried to find it, I'd be limiting myself.

Through my bookshelf and my browser, I can assess the entire store of human knowledge, insight and imagination at an hour per day, and I think sometimes I'd be mad not to take advantage of that.

I know that if I let go of that, if I stop reading and searching for new thoughts, or better old ones, my work is going to suffer.

I think a good part of what informs my voice, and guides my decisions both as a writer and an entrepreneur is gained from reading a wide range of different things, all the time.

It challenges my ideas and it makes me re-evaluate them constantly.

So, here is my advice. If you want to accomplish anything of value, challenge yourself to read. And I don't mean just read my posts.

If you don’t read, you won’t gain the information the insight and the inspiration that you need to make the right calls, at the right time. You won’t learn to see beyond the shit that you have to deal with, every day.

I think people want to believe that there is a secret to what I do. When they ask me for advice, it’s as if they think I’ve hidden away a key, that can unlock writing and business and make everything happen the way I want it.

But, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I believe that my habit of reading is what’s made the difference in my life, and I think it’s incredibly important.

If you like this post and would love to get the ebook I will be giving out for this month for free, kindly join Business Mind Academy on Facebook (a Facebook group) and when you get accepted, go to the file section and you will find the ebook, download it and read.

Happy new month to you!

(1) (Reply)

Hot And Interesting Biblical And Theology Project Topics And Materials. / Ict Job Positions Available At Fmg Abuja. / Hot And Interesting Banking And Finance Project Topics And Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.