Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife (3815 Views)

Nigerian Wife Kicks UK Husband Out From Home / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname / Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Mandynews(f): 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
As shared by Twitter user, Omo

"This marriage thing please, how does it pay women? You leave the comfort of your daddy's house to wake up to cook for someone. You both go to work, both come back and you (only you) are cooking again.
Then on Saturday. You cook, clean, laundry and he gets to choose if he's watching the game or hanging with his boys. If you have kids, you have to watch them and care for them. But both of you will go to work on Monday.
Sunday afternoon, he's watching Supersports or napping after Church. You're in the kitchen again. Only you. Tomorrow morning you (alone) will bathe the kids & make breakfast before you both go to work.

And this is a simple situation. It's more complicated when he's the type that won't eat frozen food, doesn't think you need a house help, and will never touch anything domestic. How does this marriage thing pay working women?

I'm not even try to start an argument but I just want to hear the opinion of men about this and if they think it's fair that both of us should work outside but only one of us should work inside the home.

Why would anyone want to be a Nigerian wife? It's fucking inconvenient! Imagine being so comfortable living with your parents, why would you leave that to take care of a grown man? Ew.

I'm actually so fucking perplexed because men call women the weaker sex but we do all the fucking housework. If you're so strong, why aren't you doing dishes, mopping, and pounding yam?"

https://twitter.com/lolaofthenorth/status/968931547742130183

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/03/01/feminist-reveals-why-its-inconvenient-being-a-nigerian-wife/

2 Likes

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Recycled old shii

I don't understand why some ladies keep repeating these old lines just to trend on the social media for a few hours, perhaps they believe they are the first set of people to give the issue of working/busy wives a serious thought in the Nigerian society.

Over the years, busy moms and dads all over Nigeria have always seek the assistance of a domestic worker or a house help to help with the work or activities that they can't perform around the house as a result of their busy lifestyles.

I don't really know what these social media ladies want to achieve now with their unsolicited and biased awareness besides attention

A marriage is an agreement between two people and it should be kept that way. There is no need to have a public debate about ones personal choices or what should be ones personal decisions. if any party in the agreement(marriage) is not happy, they can always break the union.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
Everybody claiming to be a feminist without understanding the true meaning of feminism, smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Mariangeles(f): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
The world is not fair to women... it's very inconvenient and hard to live as a woman especially in Nigeria.
People expect so much from women/mothers, and they dare not complain.
They have to keep working and working and giving and giving (even during pregnancy) till they are exhausted.
Then when they reach ages between their late 40s and early 50s, they start to experience all kinds ill health, HBP, Arthritis, Hypertension, untimely death...and most men are not appreciative or sympathetic (the way they bash women these days ehn...especially on nairaland)
I feel so sorry for so many of them.
Appreciate Women!
Respect Women!!
Love Women!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by makydebbie(f): 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
That's what happens when your husband doesn't treat you like a WIFE. There's more to marriage then doing chores and she's not seeing that lol.

Lemme wait for the married aunties here to explain. To those calling her a feminist, I don't see where she mentioned she's one or is it just me? Someone cannot say what's on their minds before being tagged?

Cc Bibijay123, what's your take on this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donstan18: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Fools everywhere!
Feminists wannabes everywhere!
Confused ladies everywhere!
Attention seeking mofos everywhere!
Frustrated ladies everywhere!

Hahahahaha grin

At the mention of SEX DOLL now, they'll start confessing how good they can cook, they'll start comparing themselves to SEX DOLL and start asking if "Sex doll" can cook, they'll start confessing that they can do chores very well grin grin....Now look at them embarrassing their families on social media, they don't want to be like their mothers, they don't want to follow their mother's footsteps cheesy..Are these people not confused? grin

Don't be surprised this very lady is praying and crying for a man in her life grin... And one funny thing is that you can never see these feminist wannabes in real, na only social media grin

If you are a confused feminist wannabe like that lady.... Just do us a favour and get d'fvck out of here mehn, men aren't responsible for your frustration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
MhisTahrah:
cool cool cool
Abi

You don't see your female colleague, the lady is even sticking out her tongue in the picture out of ignorance, perhaps thinking she has written an essay that will change the world. grin grin

Old junk stories oshi cheesy
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
greiboy:
Recycled old shii

I don't understand why some ladies keep repeating this old lines just to trend on the social media for a few hours, perhaps they believe they are the first set of people to give the issue of a working/busy wives a serious though in the Nigerian society.

Over the years, busy moms and dads all over Nigeria have always seek the assistance of a domestic worker or an house help to help with the work or activities that they can't perform around the house as a result of their busy lifestyles.

I don't really know what these social media ladies want to achieve now with their unsolicited and biased awareness besides attention

A marriage is an agreement between two people and it should be kept that way. There is no need to have a public debate about ones personal choice or what should be ones personal decision. if any party in the agreement(marriage) is not happy, they can always break the union.

cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
donstan18:
Fools everywhere!
Feminists wannabes everywhere!
Confused ladies everywhere!
Attention seeking mofos everywhere!
Frustrated ladies everywhere!

Hahahahaha grin

At the mention of SEX DOLL now, they'll start confessing how good they can cook, they'll start comparing themselves to SEX DOLL and start asking if "Sex doll" can cook, they'll start confessing that they can do chores very well grin grin....Now look at them embarrassing their families on social media cheesy..Are these people not confused? grin

If you are a confused feminist wannabe like that lady.... Just do us a favour and gerrarahia mehn!!!
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
How does this post make her a feminist?
Na the question her brain tell her to ask...

Anyway, everyone should marry the kind of partner they desire. There are some women/men that would genuinely like that kinda arrangement. Some others would not.

Rather than go on with this same old debate, couples should place all cards on the table [before marriage]. That way there would be no surprises and everyone would know his/her expected contribution in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Fadiga24(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
What were you doing in your father's house?

Her problem is cooking men work out their asses to find money for the food.

Seat down b!tch
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Mariangeles(f): 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
greiboy:
Recycled old shii

I don't understand why some ladies keep repeating this old lines just to trend on the social media for a few hours, perhaps they believe they are the first set of people to give the issue of a working/busy wives a serious thought in the Nigerian society.

Over the years, busy moms and dads all over Nigeria have always seek the assistance of a domestic worker or an house help to help with the work or activities that they can't perform around the house as a result of their busy lifestyles.

A marriage is an agreement between two people and it should be kept that way. There is no need to have a public debate about ones personal choice or what should be ones personal decision. if any party in the agreement(marriage) is not happy, they can always break the union.

Some things need to be said...the struggle/hardship for Women is real but so many Men don't want to hear it
It's alarming at the rate which Mothers in their 50s are dying...of stroke, heart attack...

3 Likes

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Flexherbal(m): 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
Don't women cook in their father's house ?
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
greiboy:

Abi

You don't see your female colleague, the lady is even sticking out her tongue in the picture out of ignorance, perhaps thinking she has written an essay that will change the world. grin grin

Old junk stories oshi cheesy

grin grin I thought nairaland left this behind in 2017.The gender wars have chilled tho...
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Some things need to be said...the struggle/hardship for Women is real but so many Men don't want to hear it
Sister there are more important issues about women in our society that needs urgent attention than house chores or which partner should be cleaning the gutters.

Every lady must be aware of the characters of a man before marrying him. Therefore, the fact that he is not helping around the house shouldn't be our collective headache.

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donblazer10(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's alarming at the rate which Mothers in their 50s are dying...of stroke, heart attack...
lol..where did you Get your statistics of mothers dying at alarming rate in their 50s cos of home Chores biko?

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
MhisTahrah:
grin grin I thought nairaland left this behind in 2017.The gender wars have chilled tho...
Hope you are good? Gender wars can never end, as long as there are new heart breaks and attention seekers grin

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donstan18: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
[s]The world is not fair to women... it's very inconvenient and hard to live as a woman especially in Nigeria.
People expect so much from women/mothers, and they dare not complain. They have to keep working and working and giving and giving (even during pregnancy) till they are exhausted, then when they reach ages between their late 40s and early 50s, they start to experience all kinds ill health, HBP, Arthritis, Hypertension, untimely death...and most men are not appreciative or sympathetic (the way they bash women these days ehn...especially on nairaland)
I feel so sorry for so many of them.
Appreciate Women!
Respect Women!!
Love Women!!! [/s]

Appreciate human beings, not women.

No gender is easy..... Ask you father for more explanations

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by QueenSekxy(f): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
Chikita66 I'm back grin
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by QueenSekxy(f): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
lool..as a lazy wife,,I don't mind buying food outside...if he's tired to cook his own food, he should join me too...

who marriage don epp.undecided

3 Likes

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
QueenSekxy:
Chikita66 I'm back grin
Welcome back dear, I finished my exam since. Just chilling and writing my project jejely.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Mariangeles(f): 7:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
donblazer10:
lol..where did you Get your statistics of mothers dying at alarming rate in their 50s cos of home Chores biko?
Not just chores...the whole struggle in general
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by QueenSekxy(f): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
Chikita66:
Welcome back dear, I finished my exam since. Just chilling and writing my project jejely.
thanks..I thought you finished on Monday.

I deh back gate now sef...

I came to your side but wasn't having my phone with me,,would have called you...to come out,,maybe give you one of the sharwama I was with tongue
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
greiboy:
Hope you are good? Gender wars can never end, as long as there are new heart breaks and attention seekers grin
I'm good, bro. And you? grin grin
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
If you don't like being married, then don't marry, leave it for us that love it, and who said you must be the only one doing the cooking, washing, cleaning etc?

My man do cook and wash plates, sweep when I don't feel like doing so and we are not even married. Its depends on the kind of man you are dating or married to.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donstan18: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
MhisTahrah:
undecided undecided
Dafvck can I do for you?
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
QueenSekxy:
lool..as a lazy wife,,I don't mind buying food outside...if he's tired to cook his own food, he should join me too...

who marriage don epp.undecided
tongue
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
QueenSekxy:

thanks..I thought you finished on Monday.

I deh back gate now sef...

I came to your side but wasn't having my phone with me,,would have called you...to come out,,maybe give you one of the sharwama I was with tongue
Did I hear you say shawama? Kai! I don miss o.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Mariangeles(f): 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
donblazer10:
I'm talking reality, you're talking statistics...
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
MhisTahrah:
I'm good, bro. And you? grin grin
good good
We thank God
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by QueenSekxy(f): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
MhisTahrah:
tongue
my baebi boo,, sweetness kiss how you?
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Splinz(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
makydebbie:
That's what happens when your husband doesn't treat you like a WIFE.

Maky watchu sayin

I like doing my stuffs like the boss that I am...

Order my wife around... bark at her and sometimes, hit her real hard!

Now that's how we roll... cos I'm the boss!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

People Living Abroad,where Is Best To Buy A House First Nigeria Or Abroad ? / He Now Disgusts Me In Bed / A Married Woman In My Neigbourhood is Disturbing My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.