Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive (26575 Views)

Vladimir Putin Dives Into Ice Frozen Lake To Celebrate Epiphany (Photos, Vids) / Saudi Arabia First Female Soldiers Graduate (Photos) / Kim Yo Jong Set To Become World’s First Female Dictator In Modern History (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Automotive1(m): 1:29am On Mar 02, 2018

Aseel Al-Hamad, the first Saudi woman board member at the Saudi Arabia motor federation and the first Saudi female to own a Ferrari, was a special guest at the Italian Culture Center’s event called “Saudi Women Can Drive.”

Elisabetta Martini, the consul general of Italy in Jeddah, said: “The royal decree issued last September which has removed the ban on Saudi women to drive in their own country opens a huge market now for many companies.

“Mostly it was a dream that came true and tonight’s event is not about economy but about dreams. The two companies represented here, Ferrari and Maserati, are brands that have contributed the most in the creation of the Italian dream.”

Al-Hamad is an interior design engineer graduate and businesswomen who followed her dream about Ferrari cars. She decided to reward herself because of her successful business, and the reward was a roaring Ferrari car.

She said how glad she was about the royal decree, which will have “a positive reflection for the country socially and economically.”

“I was so pleased by the decision, just like any other Saudi woman, and I was assured that my decision to buy the car of my dreams was the best decision to make.I am so happy because I will drive soon in the Kingdom.”

Two Italian car brands presented a number of cars in the event, including Maserati. A short documentary was played about Maria Teresa de Filippis, an Italian who was the first woman to race in Formula One.

She participated in five World Championship Grands Prix after May 1958, but scored no championship points. She is remembered as a pioneer in the sport.

Saudi women will be free to drive in the Kingdom by June 24.

Source http://www.arabnews.com/node/1256421/saudi-arabia

Credits arabnews

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by johnnyn1(m): 1:32am On Mar 02, 2018
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by femolacqua(m): 1:36am On Mar 02, 2018
That's cool

6 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Aldebaran(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2018
I'm happy for the Saudi women grin

14 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:33am On Mar 02, 2018
So happy for the Saudi reforms and the crown prince he is really helping to lift the burden placed on Saudi women they are now gaining their freedom.

26 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by deepwater(f): 11:08am On Mar 02, 2018
lol
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by blackjack21(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2018
UAE has given them a good life lessons. cheesy
If they don't change their ways, they going to lose all the influence they have.

It's time to legalize marijuana too. grin cheesy cool

29 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by drips8(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2018
Saudi Arabia is finally giving women their basic rights

11 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by asawanathegreat(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by princeade86(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2018
they are in bondage before which they don't know until someone came to rescued then. they think is against religion, like some ignorant in our country.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Greenville990: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2018
The rate the Saudis are imitating western culture.......I'm really scared

The same copycat that got Nigeria into this current mess.

#CopyTheTechnologyNotTheCulture

9 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by deepwater(f): 11:11am On Mar 02, 2018
Automotive1:

Al-Hamad is an interior design engineer graduate and businesswomen who followed her dream about Ferrari cars. She decided to reward herself because of her successful business, and the reward was a roaring Ferrari car.

I have always said this, dogmatism is for the poor

I am surprised i didnt swear an oath to comment here. Is today not friday again?

Friday that someone can not swear before commenting, is that one friday undecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by busky101(m): 11:11am On Mar 02, 2018
I wouldn't mind to be the first person to give her mind blowing one night stand grin
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by sanerugwei: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2018
So no oath to swear...?
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Pavore9: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2018
They can now express themselves on their roads.
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by wayne4loan: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2018
At last Saudi women are freed from the boundage of Muhammad the Pedophilia
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Emycord: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2018
FREEDOM IS SWEET O. THERE ARE 3 TYPES OF FREEDOM
1 FREEDOM TO DO WHAT YOU WANT(DEMOCRACY)
2 FREEDOM TO DO WHAT YOU CAN (PERSONAL DISCIPLINE)
3 FREEDOM TO DO WHAT YOU AUGHT (RESPONSIBILITY)
COME 2019 NIGERIANS WILL SHOW BUHARI AND THE APC CREW THIS 3 TYPE OF FREEDOM. ESPECIALLY NUMBER 3. NIGERIA/NIGERIANS MUST BE FREE

2 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by HateIslam: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2018
Whereas women are still dragging about hijab in Nigeria. LMAO

1 Like

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by backspaced(f): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2018
Elevantix Consulting Limited, is recruiting on behalf of her Client a leading and fast-growing production in snack industry in Nigeria to fill the following position below:
The primary responsibility of this role are the following:-
Lead the commercial operation of a designated territory within a region. Develop direct and indirect sales channels by coming up with appropriate plans and measurement tools which will grow the company’s volume, raise its profitability and increase the market share of its brands.
Candidate must have a Minimum of 6 years in Sales; preferably in the Snack industry or similar Fast Moving Consumer Goods.

If interested, please send your CV to Recruiter@elevantix.com.
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Mandrake007(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2018
these are the real Muslims not these clowns impersonators we have in Nigeria who are even categorized as infidels by the real muslims

1 Like

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by millomaniac: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2018
Why did this woman buy this ferrari now? She will just be driving the thing like toyota camry mtchewww angry

1 Like

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by win2kwire: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2018
please join me to welcome Muslims (slowly) to 21st century!

2 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by OnyeOGA(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2018
And the Nigerian Muslims are debating on Hijab.
grin

3 Likes

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by RealGucci: 11:22am On Mar 02, 2018
shame on u
u still brought this old scam into march
nawa o
same handwriting
same shiiit
how many accts u don create so far
still u neva pick.
tomorrow u go create another account.
d day sars go see all these levels ehn
i pray dey bill u 2m
steventutu010:
No chance of loosen cause winning is setting & sure, whatsapp or call if interested for your stake.

1 Like

Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 02, 2018
Enslavement is a major pre-occupation of Islamic Empires, and this has got to stop.
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by Karlman: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2018
Islam and backwardness!

Where is Jacob Zuma?
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by R0ckefeller: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2018
saudi is like the usa of arab country with time them accept western culture
Re: First Female Saudi Ferrari Owner Joins Italians To Celebrate Freedom To Drive by donqx: 11:59am On Mar 02, 2018
oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Pose Claims The Life Of A Teenager In South Africa / Barack Obama Congratulates Joe Biden And Kamala Harris / SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.