Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview (28620 Views)

Recent Job Openings (entry Level) At Exus Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited / Recent Job Openings In A Reputable Large Bank, March 2018 / Lextorah Limited Recent Job Vacancies (11 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by okekefranklin(m): 6:39am On Mar 02, 2018
It’s becoming apparent that job interviews in Nigeria these days have turned into a comical display. From Enugu State Teaching Job interview (English Language) where a young man was asked to chronicle the history of his traditional leaders to Lagos, where another man was asked to frog jump 50 times to test his agility, the spate of humors job interviews produce in the country is getting out of hand.

According to one Louisa Onah, a graduate of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, she went for a graduate intern job interview in Port-harcourt last week. There were about 50 people who came for the same mission but she managed to scale through the oral question phase. When about 20 of them were asked to wait outside for briefing, they thought their dreams have materialized.

Check out why this lady ABANDONED A RECENT JOB INTERVIEW in Portharcourt.
It’s becoming apparent that job interviews in Nigeria these days have turned into a comical display. From Enugu State Teaching Job interview (English Language) where a young man was asked to chronicle the history of his traditional leaders to Lagos, where another man was asked to frog jump 50 times to test his agility, the spate of humors job interviews produce in the country is getting out of hand.

According to one Louisa Onah, a graduate of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, she went for a graduate intern job interview in Port-harcourt last week. There were about 50 people who came for the same mission but she managed to scale through the oral question phase. When about 20 of them were asked to wait outside for briefing, they thought their dreams have materialized.

In her words, “We were still humming our excitements when one of the interviewers came out and called me inside. I followed this man with practiced gentility and curious silence. We walked down the office hall then swerved left into his office. He offered me a seat. At first, I refused but he smiled me into the seat. He began by asking me my position in the family. I was stunned by the question but I had to keep a straight face at the question. When I answered that he drew a heavy breath and let out the thunder bolt. He said that actually, their company is a young one and that they do not intend to take more than one person. And being a newly birthed company, they will place my salary at 15k a month.

As he mentioned 15k, I recalled how I bought 1.5k mb to fill their form online; how I contacted them with my airtime and how much I spent to transport myself from Nsukka to Portharcourt. I stood up and left the office with a grimace without a word.”

Please did this lady do the right thing? What would you have done if you were in her shoes? Let’s hear your say in the comment box.

credit: www.unnobzava.com

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by royalamour(m): 6:50am On Mar 02, 2018
This is sad. I think most human resource personnel in Nigeria are inhumane.

They make ceremonies out of little recruitment exercises.

However, she should have asked if other bonuses and allowances were in place for her.

Sometimes, some recruiters can be crazy with the way they narrow down their searches for a passionate candidate.

I think the human right commission should beam more searchlight in this direction too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a freelance environmental and ICT consultant.

Have your environmental audit, environmental impact assessment and environmental management plans done comprehensively with us.

I am also an expert in mobile application, website development and design, database management, SMS short code and web hosting.

With over 6 years superb experience.

DM is open for business.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by NwaAmaikpe: 6:51am On Mar 02, 2018
shocked

The girl is a confused ingrate.
She turned down a 15k job but she will ask boys without any job to send her airtime.

Cosmas Maduka told me something and it resonates to this day,

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the happiest people on earth.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by muhammed50(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2018
Maybe that's just a facáde to test her patience

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by izzou(m): 6:52am On Mar 02, 2018
grin

Even if you are not comfortable with an offer, don't just leave without establishing a relationship. Why did she have to walk out?

I know someone who was told that he will paid 75k during his chat with the HR. He agreed and when he came to collect his offer letter, he was to be paid 120k.

Maybe it would have been a way to test her patience.

She would have simply told them she needed a day or two to think. And maybe she could have then declined politely through the phone

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by uchman48(m): 6:52am On Mar 02, 2018
i think this is a new method used by companies to test the way their new staffs will be able to handle shock.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nairalanddist: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2018
She should have collected the 15k and look for 5 sure odds on bet9ja to knack am. That's 75k monthly

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by kunleben1: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2018
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
She should have asked them to refund her fare. What kind of rubbish 15k is that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by cruzita(f): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
15K? E NO BETTER MAKE I GO DO SALES GIRL

13 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Innobee99(m): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
What if it was just a frame up to test her reaction?

She lacks patience
Really, the job is not meant for her

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by ochardbaby(m): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
15K= less than 30$
Self employment is the key word !!

3 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Emily22(m): 6:54am On Mar 02, 2018
Even barachel model college ( secondary school) dey pay 40,000 for junior teachers......

Rubbish white collar jobs in town....

8 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by DSS1335: 6:54am On Mar 02, 2018
shocked

She just failed a simple test!

Conditions of employment are usually spelt out to prospective employee to enable them make an informed decision before interview

4 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by obicaddy(m): 6:54am On Mar 02, 2018
She did the right thing.
As for me, I'm done applying any Job. Biz is the real deal!

9 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
It is not by force to have company na. If you can't pay your employees decently, abeg close shop. How do you even offer a graduate 15k? Na wa o

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by veeluv2015(f): 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
uchman48:
i think this is a new method used by companies to test the way their new staffs will be able to handle shock.

Very stupid method if you ask me #OnlyInNaija

29 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by InternetBchip: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Very sad sad. Which kin country be this sef
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Codeblues(m): 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
hmm
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by DWJOBScom(m): 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
It's a credible decision o
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by missunknown: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Hers is better, my first job interview was appalling. They said interview starts at 10am however they started at 12noon and the worst was that they said some written examination will be done. This people kept delaying us till i angrily left at about 4pm, when i called someother participant he said they kept saying that their printer wasn't functioning properly for them to print the examination questions till 6pm. Who does that and I'm sure their pay might be really low for such behaviour
It was so annoying

4 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by homehunters(m): 6:57am On Mar 02, 2018
She definitely did the right thing 15k a month for a graduate wow what a shame. And they might even give her a huge target to meet which failing to do so might reduce her salary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Odunharry(m): 6:57am On Mar 02, 2018
grin
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Angelawhite(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2018
She just fell for the employer's trap grin good riddance
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by edoman2016: 6:58am On Mar 02, 2018
The lady should have accepted the offer as an intern and build working experience. Some companies do not even pay allowance to their graduate intern.

3 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by djfabmusik(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2018
She did the right thing but it might be that they wanted to put her on test to see her reaction. Been an entrepreneur and having a skill is the best solution to graduate and non graduate to save yourself from all this shit

2 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Odunharry(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2018
cruzita:
15K? E NO BETTER MAKE I GO DO SALES GIRL
Sales girl gan no go collect. That money small

2 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by knuckbuck(m): 6:59am On Mar 02, 2018
Some one else got the job and they are probably thanking God now

8 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by czarina(f): 6:59am On Mar 02, 2018
Unimaginable!

Check my signature cool
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by paddybrown(m): 7:00am On Mar 02, 2018
probably they just used that to test her reaction
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Suko110(m): 7:01am On Mar 02, 2018
I think it was a test of attitude and character towards money, especially if u knw d company can offer more, in such cases accept ooo since they want to be unprofessional and dont resume grin grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Meme: How To Get Employed Before 22. / Update On UCH Ibadan Recruitment Exercise / Premium Trust 2022 Graduate Trainee Program: Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.