Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview (28637 Views)

Recent Job Openings (entry Level) At Exus Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited / Recent Job Openings In A Reputable Large Bank, March 2018 / Lextorah Limited Recent Job Vacancies (11 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by yorex2011: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2018
Well... For those saying this is some kind of test... In my opinion it's a ridiculous one.

7 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Adeyemismith(m): 7:04am On Mar 02, 2018
She be mumu.Cant she cool down what if the man was testing her

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Biggers82(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2018
they just tested her intelligence but she failed this is exactly what they did to us wen we went for NITEL interview they told us that they needed only 10 persons and their salaries is 5k per month and 6 people disappeared so those of us that stood behind was given appointment letters and our salaries as at then stood at #45k then before Nigerian government sold it to Transcop and we got disengagement letters so those people that left was like how come ....?
this is a lesson

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by paddybrown(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2018
probably they just used that to test her reaction.

because all matter how young a company will be they will at least pay upto 20k.

in my opinion the babe failed the interview, she would have accepted first and when she find out that it not just to test her then she can find her way

2 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by israelmao(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2018
Nigerian graduates must sit up and look inward in order to add value to themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Awoo88: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
okekefranklin:
It’s becoming apparent that job interviews in Nigeria these days have turned into a comical display. From Enugu State Teaching Job interview (English Language) where a young man was asked to chronicle the history of his traditional leaders to Lagos, where another man was asked to frog jump 50 times to test his agility, the spate of humors job interviews produce in the country is getting out of hand.

According to one Louisa Onah, a graduate of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, she went for a graduate intern job interview in Port-harcourt last week. There were about 50 people who came for the same mission but she managed to scale through the oral question phase. When about 20 of them were asked to wait outside for briefing, they thought their dreams have materialized.

Check out why this lady ABANDONED A RECENT JOB INTERVIEW in Portharcourt.
It’s becoming apparent that job interviews in Nigeria these days have turned into a comical display. From Enugu State Teaching Job interview (English Language) where a young man was asked to chronicle the history of his traditional leaders to Lagos, where another man was asked to frog jump 50 times to test his agility, the spate of humors job interviews produce in the country is getting out of hand.

According to one Louisa Onah, a graduate of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, she went for a graduate intern job interview in Port-harcourt last week. There were about 50 people who came for the same mission but she managed to scale through the oral question phase. When about 20 of them were asked to wait outside for briefing, they thought their dreams have materialized.

In her words, “We were still humming our excitements when one of the interviewers came out and called me inside. I followed this man with practiced gentility and curious silence. We walked down the office hall then swerved left into his office. He offered me a seat. At first, I refused but he smiled me into the seat. He began by asking me my position in the family. I was stunned by the question but I had to keep a straight face at the question. When I answered that he drew a heavy breath and let out the thunder bolt. He said that actually, their company is a young one and that they do not intend to take more than one person. And being a newly birthed company, they will place my salary at 15k a month.

As he mentioned 15k, I recalled how I bought 1.5k mb to fill their form online; how I contacted them with my airtime and how much I spent to transport myself from Nsukka to Portharcourt. I stood up and left the office with a grimace without a word.”

Please did this lady do the right thing? What would you have done if you were in her shoes? Let’s hear your say in the comment box.

credit: www.unnobzava.com

The lady did the wrong thing. That might be part of the interview and she failed herself
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
She should have collected the 15k and look for 5 sure odds on bet9ja to knack am. That's 75k monthly
Hahahahahaha.... Kraze peole plenty for nairaland aswear dan...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Aldebaran(m): 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
What if the 15k was a joke?
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by JusticeSeeker: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
She failed the easiest and last part of the interview. They wanted to test her greedy side, they got her.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by sekem: 7:08am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The girl is a confused ingrate.
She turned down a 15k job but she will ask boys without any job to send her airtime.

Cosmas Maduka told me something and it resonates to this day,

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the most happy people on earth.

Your opinion though

But then, like in most cases, underemployment is nothing but glorified slavery where feeding from hand to mouth is the order of the day

I'll rather pass

4 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Suko110(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
She should have collected the 15k and look for 5 sure odds on bet9ja to knack am. That's 75k monthly
My nigga, I sight uu, if she get dis brain she for chilll even 2odds for dey ok. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by satowind(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2018
Is an internship which in Nigeria means less pay
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by onomeabuja: 7:11am On Mar 02, 2018
okekefranklin:

In her words, “We were still humming our excitements when one of the interviewers came out and called me inside. I followed this man with practiced gentility and curious silence. We walked down the office hall then swerved left into his office. He offered me a seat. At first, I refused but he smiled me into the seat. He began by asking me my position in the family. I was stunned by the question but I had to keep a straight face at the question. When I answered that he drew a heavy breath and let out the thunder bolt. He said that actually, their company is a young one and that they do not intend to take more than one person. And being a newly birthed company, they will place my salary at 15k a month.

As he mentioned 15k, I recalled how I bought 1.5k mb to fill their form online; how I contacted them with my airtime and how much I spent to transport myself from Nsukka to Portharcourt. I stood up and left the office with a grimace without a word.”

Please did this lady do the right thing? What would you have done if you were in her shoes? Let’s hear your say in the comment box.

walahi she did d right thing jor." There were about 50 people who came for the same mission " & " I recalled how I bought 1.5k mb to fill their form online; how I contacted them with my airtime and how much I spent to transport myself from Nsukka to Portharcourt" haba for 15k na waooooo

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 02, 2018
What kind of test is that? Try to test your lecturer by giving him a wrong answer on your answer script and see if he pass the test or test your wife's loyalty by sending a friend to see how loyal she is to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by lafuria1(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2018
No serious and focused company will offer such in the name of testing integrity, none. Too much under employment in the country.

6 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by deprof247(m): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2018
In as much as I have no prerogative to question her action, I want to objectively analyse something.... First, it could have been nice for her to dig deep into finding out how much employees of that class are paid not going there with naviety. Secondly, as clearly pointed out, the establishment is newly given birth to and so this, she could have nursed in her mind, will affect the salary/wages of the workers and lastly, in any interview done, the parties involved need to wear the garment of decorum not acrimony
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by lebete3000: 7:16am On Mar 02, 2018
Suko110:
I think it was a test of attitude and character towards money, especially if u knw d company can offer more, in such cases accept ooo since they want to be unprofessional and dont resume grin grin grin

Wicked boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Youngzedd(m): 7:21am On Mar 02, 2018
The way She described the place, such a company cannot pay 15k.

She didn't even ask about the bonuses.

Graduate without common sense.

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by lebete3000: 7:21am On Mar 02, 2018
paddybrown:
probably they just used that to test her reaction.

because all matter how young a company will be they will at least pay upto 20k.

in my opinion the babe failed the interview, she would have accepted first and when she find out that it not just to test her then she can find her way

The essence of a test is not to know you're being tested so it will look like a real life scenario.

Most companies are looking for people who'll work out of passion not people who're working for the cash. Hence prolly the reason for this test.....

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by kayusre: 7:24am On Mar 02, 2018
lmao..wahlahi u not sense
Nairalanddist:
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by ivandragon: 7:25am On Mar 02, 2018
she has options...

she either has folks that are still ready to accommodate her or she has a boyfriend that meets her financial needs.

she is not at that point where a person has no idea where they can get 'cold water' to drink...

that point where the only choices left are prostitution or stealing...

that point where you begin to question your existence...

that point where you just enter a house of worship & start crying. you can't even utter words of prayer... you just cry...

that point where you friends stop calling you back when you flash them because the next thing they will hear is 'please can you send me N100 credit?' or 'please can you borrow me N200? I haven't eaten since yesterday'...

that point where you start 'scoping out' places to sleep like under bridges, uncompleted buildings etc...

if she had been in that state, she would have accepted the offer & then plan for other things...

4 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by easzypeaszy(m): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She turned down a 15k job but she will ask boys without any job to send her airtime.

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the happiest people on earth.
Hey..i pity u...I also travelled frm Sokoto to Lag fr 20k jab...on ma way to d pack i sent d man mail..i gave hime and his company d insult n curse of der life...See u...I dnt need to go to office to mk 20k in sokoto..

2 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Kulas: 7:33am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the most happy people on earth.

My friend forget about this little beginning stuff. Thats absolute no vision,slavery and bondage. So u expect her to pick 15k job?,Besides, from Nsukka to PH, she need to sort out accomodation, etc. Many who toed this path years ago are regreting it. Its better she reject that packaged slavery work, take her time,have focus and pursue a more vissionary well structured job.

3 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by donjahsy(m): 7:36am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the happiest people on earth.
come take time oo! who told you barrow pushers are the happiest on earth?
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by lebete3000: 7:39am On Mar 02, 2018
lafuria1:
No serious and focused company will offer such in the name of testing integrity, none. Too much under employment in the country.

Well this is Nigeria where so many funny things are done in the name of "testing" people.

A country that still believes in witches will still employ such mundane tactics to decipher loyalty.....

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by lebete3000: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2018
easzypeaszy:
Hey..i pity u...I also travelled frm Sokoto to Lag fr 20k jab...on ma way to d pack i sent d man mail..i gave hime and his company d insult n curse of der life...See u...I dnt need to go to office to mk 20k in sokoto..

"Insult n Curse of their life"

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by okekefranklin(m): 7:57am On Mar 02, 2018
My post made front page. Visit our site www.unnobzava.com for postgraduate and undergraduate admissions in UNN.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by woleabayo(f): 7:58am On Mar 02, 2018
okekefranklin:

she did not do the right thing because that is just a test for her but she has fail, if she has any contact of one of the rest people she should call to confirm the payment she will be disappointed, many hr now uses many trick and test to disqualify candidate its now left for you to choose she shoudnt have work out even that is an insult in the face of the interviewer
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by einsteine(m): 8:04am On Mar 02, 2018
Biggers82:
they just tested her intelligence but she failed this is exactly what they did to us wen we went for NITEL interview they told us that they needed only 10 persons and their salaries is 5k per month and 6 people disappeared so those of us that stood behind was given appointment letters and our salaries as at then stood at #45k then before Nigerian government sold it to Transcop and we got disengagement letters so those people that left was like how come ....?
this is a lesson

But you still got disengagement letters at the end of the day nah.

No serious company would test applicants like that. It's stupid of them. Remember the interview is not only for the employer to decide if the applicant should be employed but also for the applicant to decide if the employer is worth working for.

6 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

when would the line be drawn, where is the dichotomy between bullshit and reasonability. u heard when she but bought 1.5gig to fill their online form. BTW those boys who they request airtime from were d ones who asked them out.

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by fredoooooo: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:

How sure is the 5 odds ... never put your eggs in one basket cool
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by AuroraB(f): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2018
missunknown:
Hers is better, my first job interview was appalling. They said interview starts at 10am however they started at 12noon and the worst was that they said some written examination will be done. This people kept delaying us till i angrily left at about 4pm, when i called someother participant he said they kept saying that their printer wasn't functioning properly for them to print the examination questions till 6pm. Who does that and I'm sure their pay might be really low for such behaviour
It was so annoying
Some Nlers will soon tell you impatience made you loose this job. Funny fellows angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. / Funny Meme: How To Get Employed Before 22. / Total E&P Nigeria CPFA Limited : 2019 Recruitment Programme Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.