Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond (11448 Views)

How To Respond To The Question "Why Do You Want This Job?" In An Interview / How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? / How Can I Respond To "Do You Have Any Specific Access Requirements"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by JARUSHUB: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2018
You saw the vacancy and its requirements. You are qualified, become ecstatic, and apply. The invite for an online test arrives, you wrote and passed! Yay! You are sent another invite for a “confirmation” test, and passed again. That feeling of being a boss arouses within you. Is it not me again? Then you get called for assessment centre, and you passed – again! Then chat with the executives in the firm. Then the big wait commences. A week after the chat, the mail drops in. “We are sorry to inform you that….” Expectedly, you become devastated about everything. What next? After what I said and demonstrated? The suits and shoes I wore? The plans I had? The money I invested into transport, feeding and accommodation? The pictures to take? What else? Yes, it is never easy to be told you have not succeeded after an interview, especially if it occurs frequently, and worse still at the same firm.

As a seeker who just got “regretted”, you should remember you are not alone. The job market is extremely competitive with recruiters having many well-qualified candidates to choose from. Suffice to say, it is a buyers’ market. At times, it is tedious. Competing in the labour market invariably increases one’s resilience and perseverance. This enables one to cope with the rigorous processes of searching for jobs later on.

Although, being sent a regret mail can be psychologically onerous, it can serve as an invaluable bank of knowledge for further hunts. Don’t give up, be positive. JarusHub reels out three ways you can address the situation:

1. CONTACT THE RECRUITER: You can send the firm an email a short while after the rejection mail, where you courteously appreciate them for their time and service, and asking when similar opportunities can be made available. This could be an opportunity for your details to be kept for future openings. Additionally, you could politely request on how you fared, and where you goofed. This will aid your search – at the firm or elsewhere – next time. Ensure the conversation is concise, professional and appreciative. It is important to note that some recruiters won’t reply any questions, especially if you made it to the interview stage. Others will simply proffer trite statements.

2. IMPROVE YOUR EMPLOYABILITY: Being an unemployed graduate proffers you the time to invest in building your core competencies. Programs that improve employability include but not limited to learning a new but profitable language, volunteering for causes dear to you or becoming an intern for an SME. I suggest an actionable plan of realising your goal. Some of which are:

- Gaining extra work experience.
- Sourcing for new vacancy avenues.
- Refining your CV.
- Adopting a cold-email job-seeking approach.
- Using social media in aiding your search (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter etc).
- Learn new skills through online education (e.g. Coursera, edx etc).

Another way is through networking (I am not advocating mediocrity), but networking is a way of getting jobs, as most are not advertised. Meeting new people and pitching your profile. Humans give jobs, meet more humans; resourceful ones.

3. REFINE YOUR JOB APPLICATIONS

To advance one’s prospect, it is important to work on the aspects of the application that have been missing. Common reasons for rejection include but not limited to:

- Not including the subject as specified.
- Poor spelling or grammar
- No originality demonstrated.
- Poor research about the firm.
- No value demonstrated in the career history.

There must be self-criticism, this time by doing so from a recruiter’s perspective, and ask very important questions. You should focus on what you can offer the particular employer. Additionally, it is important to apply for roles you are suited for, and not roles that request for minimum of three years’ experience, when you have none. Or roles that request for cognate experience when you possess none. Contrary to most graduates’ expectations, you are not likely to be highly paid in your first job or being assigned complex responsibilities. Rather, your first job should be regarded as paid training – where the biggest reward of all is getting through the competitive recruitment process.

http://www.jarushub.com/got-a-reject-mail-this-is-how-to-respond/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by izzou(m): 7:23am On Mar 02, 2018
grin

Love this

Oga Jarushub, I have an issue

I am about to port to another job grin I have discussed with the HR and we have even talked about how much I will be taking home

The issue now is that they haven't contacted me yet, even though the period they said I will be contacted has elapsed

My question is Should I contact them? Or should I just let the whole thing die? I really want to work with them and it's kinda making me desperate sad

1 Like

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by JARUSHUB: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2018
izzou:
grin

Love this

Oga Jarushub, I have an issue

I am about to port to another job grin I have discussed with the HR and we have even talked about how much I will be taking home

The issue now is that they haven't contacted me yet, even though the period they said I will be contacted has elapsed

My question is Should I contact them? Or should I just let the whole thing die? I really want to work with them and it's kinda making me desperate sad

Yes, contact them. At most, they will say no and you move on.

4 Likes

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by izzou(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2018
JARUSHUB:

Yes, contact them. At most, they will say no and you move on.

Nagode sossai

Your thread has really helped me a lot. Would love to meet you someday

Whatcha say?

smiley

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by JARUSHUB: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2018
izzou:

Nagode sossai

Your thread has really helped me a lot. Would love to meet you someday and just learn from you.

Whatcha say?

smiley

Inquires can be made by visiting our office at 60 Moleye Street, off Herbert Macaulay, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos. Or by contacting us at: info@jarushub.com.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by Jokerman(m): 11:01am On Mar 02, 2018
izzou:

Nagode sossai

Your thread has really helped me a lot. Would love to meet you someday and just learn from you, maybe have lunch and take some bottles together

Whatcha say?

smiley

Bro, you wan leave your field engineer job... grin... As in I m in the same shoes as you, I am going to contact this new people today, I don wait tire, or make I kuku prepare well for NBC as the alternative....

1 Like

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by izzou(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2018
Jokerman:

Bro, you wan leave your field engineer job... grin... As in I m in the same shoes as you, I am going to contact this new people today, I don wait tire, or make I kuku prepare well for NBC as the alternative....

Lol

I wan leave am but Na still the same field job too. Contacting them is a wise decision. Make high blood pressure no go dey increase like FC Porto odds

Suspense really bad oh. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by Jokerman(m): 11:25am On Mar 02, 2018
izzou:

Lol

I wan leave am but Na still the same field job too. Contacting them is a wise decision. Make high blood pressure no go dey increase like FC Porto odds

Lol bro... na true... buh I wan divert enter HVAC
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by izzou(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol bro... na true... buh I wan divert enter HVAC

Na cool choice be that

I want be like you naa. Make I boost the CGPA of my CV grin.

2 Likes

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by Jokerman(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2018
izzou:

Na cool choice be that

I want be like you naa. Make I boost the CGPA of my CV grin.

Lol bro... God go do am o.... God go do am...
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by izzou(m): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol bro... God go do am o.... God go do am...

Amen bro

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by izzou(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2018
JARUSHUB:

Inquires can be made by visiting our office at 60 Moleye Street, off Herbert Macaulay, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos. Or by contacting us at: info@jarushub.com.

Will stop by someday

Thanks Oga mi

1 Like

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by koolgee(m): 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Okay
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by sunbbo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good.

Apply for Hobark International Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. Hobark International Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) as follows;

1.) Production Advisor

Click Here To View Details

2.) GL Reconciliation Accountant

3.) Field Advisor

Application Closing Date: Not Specified

Source:http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/03/01/hobark-international-fresh-job-recruitment/
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by Phelix01(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nice one... I love this

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by AK481(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
just move on,and continue to build yasef.

with experience you will crush any interview.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by AK481(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
JARUSHUB:
You saw the vacancy and its requirements. You are qualified, become ecstatic, and apply. The invite for an online test arrives, you wrote and passed! Yay! You are sent another invite for a “confirmation” test, and passed again. That feeling of being a boss arouses within you. Is it not me again? Then you get called for assessment centre, and you passed – again! Then chat with the executives in the firm. Then the big wait commences. A week after the chat, the mail drops in. “We are sorry to inform you that….” Expectedly, you become devastated about everything. What next? After what I said and demonstrated? The suits and shoes I wore? The plans I had? The money I invested into transport, feeding and accommodation? The pictures to take? What else? Yes, it is never easy to be told you have not succeeded after an interview, especially if it occurs frequently, and worse still at the same firm.

As a seeker who just got “regretted”, you should remember you are not alone. The job market is extremely competitive with recruiters having many well-qualified candidates to choose from. Suffice to say, it is a buyers’ market. At times, it is tedious. Competing in the labour market invariably increases one’s resilience and perseverance. This enables one to cope with the rigorous processes of searching for jobs later on.

Although, being sent a regret mail can be psychologically onerous, it can serve as an invaluable bank of knowledge for further hunts. Don’t give up, be positive. JarusHub reels out three ways you can address the situation:

1.[s] CONTACT THE RECRUITER: You can send the firm an email a short while after the rejection mail, where you courteously appreciate them for their time and service, and asking when similar opportunities can be made available. This could be an opportunity for your details to be kept for future openings. Additionally, you could politely request on how you fared, and where you goofed. This will aid your search – at the firm or elsewhere – next time. Ensure the conversation is concise, professional and appreciative. It is important to note that some recruiters won’t reply any questions, especially if you made it to the interview stage. Others will simply proffer trite statements.[/s]

just move on and dont look back
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by dayjeee(m): 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
Please what is competency based interview?
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by greatfoly(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
JARUSHUB:

1. CONTACT THE RECRUITER: You can send the firm an email a short while after the rejection mail, where you courteously appreciate them for their time and service, and asking when similar opportunities can be made available. This could be an opportunity for your details to be kept for future openings. Additionally, you could politely request on how you fared, and where you goofed. This will aid your search – at the firm or elsewhere – next time. Ensure the conversation is concise, professional and appreciative. It is important to note that some recruiters won’t reply any questions, especially if you made it to the interview stage. Others will simply proffer trite statements.

2. IMPROVE YOUR EMPLOYABILITY: Being an unemployed graduate proffers you the time to invest in building your core competencies. Programs that improve employability include but not limited to learning a new but profitable language, volunteering for causes dear to you or becoming an intern for an SME. I suggest an actionable plan of realising your goal. Some of which are:

- Gaining extra work experience.
- Sourcing for new vacancy avenues.
- Refining your CV.
- Adopting a cold-email job-seeking approach.
- Using social media in aiding your search (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter etc).
- Learn new skills through online education (e.g. Coursera, edx etc).

Another way is through networking (I am not advocating mediocrity), but networking is a way of getting jobs, as most are not advertised. Meeting new people and pitching your profile. Humans give jobs, meet more humans; resourceful ones.

3. REFINE YOUR JOB APPLICATIONS

To advance one’s prospect, it is important to work on the aspects of the application that have been missing. Common reasons for rejection include but not limited to:

- Not including the subject as specified.
- Poor spelling or grammar
- No originality demonstrated.
- Poor research about the firm.
- No value demonstrated in the career history.

There must be self-criticism, this time by doing so from a recruiter’s perspective, and ask very important questions. You should focus on what you can offer the particular employer. Additionally, it is important to apply for roles you are suited for, and not roles that request for minimum of three years’ experience, when you have none. Or roles that request for cognate experience when you possess none. Contrary to most graduates’ expectations, you are not likely to be highly paid in your first job or being assigned complex responsibilities. Rather, your first job should be regarded as paid training – where the biggest reward of all is getting through the competitive recruitment process.

http://www.jarushub.com/got-a-reject-mail-this-is-how-to-respond/

Thanks Jarus.

This scenario you painted happened to me some months back. After being successful with two tests and an online interview, I was regretted after the second interview. Can I still mail the organization as you suggested in your point 1 above? It's close to 3 months now.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by JARUSHUB: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
greatfoly:

Thanks Jarus.

This scenario you painted happened to me some months back. After being successful with two tests and an online interview, I was regretted after the second interview. Can I still mail the organization as you suggested in your point 1 above? It's close to 3 months now.

"You can send the firm an email a short while after the rejection mail, where you courteously appreciate them for their time and service, and asking when similar opportunities can be made available".

"Ensure the conversation is concise, professional and appreciative. It is important to note that some recruiters won’t reply any questions, especially if you made it to the interview stage. Others will simply proffer trite statements".

PS. JarusHub, the firm is different from Jarus, the individual.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by AlienRobot: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
JARUSHUB:

"You can send the firm an email a short while after the rejection mail, where you courteously appreciate them for their time and service, and asking when similar opportunities can be made available".

"Ensure the conversation is concise, professional and appreciative. It is important to note that some recruiters won’t reply any questions, especially if you made it to the interview stage. Others will simply proffer trite statements".

PS. JarusHub, the firm is different from Jarus, the individual.

Regards.
After a test and interview, I received a regret mail. Knowing how well I performed, I decided to send them a follow up email and he responded and I quote

" I am currently out of office on study leave with limited access to emails. i would respond to your email as soon as possible."

Is there still hope or I should move on??
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by Yankee101: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
Really you don't have to. Go on and use that time to do a different application
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by Jarus(m): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
AlienRobot:

After a test and interview, I received a regret mail. Knowing how well I performed, I decided to send them a follow up email and he responded and I quote

" I am currently out of office on study leave with limited access to emails. i would respond to your email as soon as possible."

Is there still hope or I should move on??

That is an auto response set when the email recipient was going on leave. Anyone that sent him an email within that period - even official email - will also receive that response.

You may send a follow up email 2 weeks later. But it is not likely to change the situation. Interview is subjective. You may think you performed well, while the interviewer may think otherwise.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by brodd: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
Thank you JARUSHUB for a great job.

Please, what interpretation can be given to this type of an email after an interview?

Subject of the email: Keep in View.

Dear xxxx

Thank you for attending the interview(s) for the role of a Mechanical Engineer.

While the selection committee was impressed with your background and experience, we are keeping your application in view for future opportunities.

Thank you for your interest in our company.

Regards.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by dayo4(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2018
izzou:

Lol

hi bro, in which industry is the field engineer job? I'm interested in telecommunications.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by ksstroud: 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2018
brodd:
Thank you JARUSHUB for a great job.

Please, what interpretation can be given to this type of an email after an interview?

Subject of the email: Keep in View.

Dear xxxx

Thank you for attending the interview(s) for the role of a Mechanical Engineer.

While the selection committee was impressed with your background and experience, we are keeping your application in view for future opportunities.

Thank you for your interest in our company.

Regards.

Simply means you were not considered for the current vacancy but your profile has been archived in which you will always receive a notification each time an opportunity matching your profile opens in there organization.
Re: Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond by brodd: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2018
ksstroud:

Simply means you were not considered for the current vacancy but your profile has been archived in which you will always receive a notification each time an opportunity matching your profile opens in there organization.

I just want to know if it is another way of sending a regret mail. Thank you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Ccsnl Interview Calling / AppICS Outsourcing Limited Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions) / The Links To Oil/gas Companies Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.