Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? (24748 Views)

How Do You Respond To "What Interests You About This Job?" / How To Respond To The Question "Why Do You Want This Job?" In An Interview / How Can I Respond To "Do You Have Any Specific Access Requirements"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Emmadoc: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
When you are not or no longer working, and somebody asks you how is your work.

How do you reply them?

Do you say, work is fine or you just tell them plainly that you are no longer working?

I find the answers both awkward

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:21am On May 01, 2021
Work is fine!
We bless God!!

195 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Eclipse91: 9:21am On May 01, 2021
Fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Iretii0511(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2021
Fine

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by hilltop007(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2021
Just say the truth. The person may be the one that will refer you to a new job.

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by BruncleZuma: 9:21am On May 01, 2021
grin grin

Work is well, thank you for asking.

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by mbahdi(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2021
Work is fine noni
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by chillybrandy(f): 9:21am On May 01, 2021
For close pals or family tell the truth that you're no longer working, respond with fine for acquaintances.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by thaoriginator: 9:22am On May 01, 2021
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by whs1: 9:22am On May 01, 2021
He is fine

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Ishilove: 9:22am On May 01, 2021
Answer-

Wo, abeg leave that one jare.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Bahun(m): 9:22am On May 01, 2021
plainly say am no longer working

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Benzinoooo: 9:22am On May 01, 2021
All is well

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by ictjobber: 9:22am On May 01, 2021

If the said person is an important person, I will rEply with the latter.. But if he's as useless as heliunes or Manama vulture grills I will reply with the former or a resounding hiss

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by tunary(m): 9:22am On May 01, 2021
Better say the truth because anybody can help by passing a very important information that will help you.

Say the truth even if they won't help

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by starbuck(f): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
I hardly engage in long discussions..

I will tell you 'Fine' and waka undecided undecided

I can remember someone asking me about my late mom because he wasn't aware that she was late, responded 'She is fine' and went about my business..

He later found out about it and was angry with me, I no even look his face

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by ojorich(m): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
Just tell me
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by saphiere(f): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:

How do you reply them?

Do you say, work is fine or you just tell them plainly that you are no longer working?

Do they know you are not working at the moment?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by obajoey(m): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
tell am, abeg which work u give me wey u dey ask of

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Mogadishuu: 9:23am On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:

How do you reply them?

Currently in between jobs

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Elixirsblog: 9:23am On May 01, 2021
smileyyou don't need to be explicit about anything. just say it's OK

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by kevotek1000(m): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
This part of the world is better to say work is fine... E get y

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by noobs123: 9:23am On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:

How do you reply them?

I’m in between jobs.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Lincoln275(m): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
I will explain everything to the person ni ooo, May be hm go fit help me , who knows.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by lasisi69(f): 9:23am On May 01, 2021
Depending on my relationship with the person...

19 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Obidon1(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2021
It's well
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by chatinent: 9:24am On May 01, 2021
Answer: That reminds me, How's your mum?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2021
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by dkickz: 9:24am On May 01, 2021
You don't owe anybody any explanation. Go thy way!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by CrazyMan(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2021
If it's someone you feel can be of help to you in getting another job, it will be wise to let him/her know your current state.

If it's just a random person looking for regular gossip, you can tell him/her fine, so as to avoid being the topic of their next discussion.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by adebayo201: 9:24am On May 01, 2021
What of if the person is trying to help?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Sleyanya1(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2021
Everything's fine. cheesy

To avoid further asking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Globacom Follow-up Interview / The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate / FUOYE Is Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.