Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo (474 Views)

Pastor Isaac Onwordi Dupes Elderly Couple Of Their Home In Namibia (Photos) / Lord's Chosen Church Member With Tire In Action (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo by Pookiej: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Lagos Zonal office, of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Thursday, arraigned a member of Living Faith Ministries (a.k.a Winners Chapel), Chimezie Chuta, before Justice Mojisola Dada of the State High Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos on a one-count charge bordering on stealing of $56,000 belonging to the General Overseer, Bishop David Oyedepo.

The offence is contrary to Section 285(7) of the Criminal Code Law of Lagos State No. 11 of 2011.

EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, in a statement, said the defendant, a former employee in the publishing unit of Dominion Book Stores, an online book store owned by The Living Faith Ministries Worldwide, allegedly hacked into the company’s mail and diverted payments for some goods bought by online customers to his personal account.
Read more: http://naijachurchnews.com/church-member-allegedly-duped-bishop-oyedepo/

Re: Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo by Desyner: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2018
Let him go tell the court that Oyedepo steals from the govt and his congregation as haters like to opine.
Re: Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo by Mariangeles(f): 10:19am On Mar 02, 2018
Why would someone want to take something that is not his...? Greed
Re: Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo by krissconnect(m): 11:07am On Mar 02, 2018
Stealing from the house of God? Something I would never think of
Re: Church Member Allegedly Dupes Bishop Oyedepo by HigherEd: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
$56,000 USD was stolen from the Publishing house shocked you see am yet some ppl would still query oyedepo's source of wealth. If 56,000 USD was stolen from just online payment of books for a specific period alone, I can't imagine how much the church would make from hard copies of books. Not to talk of thousands of tapes...

Cafeteria 1 inside Covenant University as at 2014 made 90 million naira profit after tax and salaries and other expenditure. While Cafeteria 2 made 30 million naira profit after tax yet the church doesn't collect a dime from the school but instead still give the school billions.

I am not surprised about the theft though. This I believe is not the first time such a thing would happen.

Oyedepo himself once said they have had to sack over 500 pastors in Winners Chapel since inception. I can guess that the majority of those retrenchments were because of financial impropriety and sexual misdeeds.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are You A Christian Or Muslim / Pastor Adeboye Prayed For Safe Release Of Missing Leah Sharibu From Boko Haram / We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.