Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers (14774 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / 5 Things You Should NEVER Do With Automatic Transmission Cars / Conversion of manual window winder to electric/ power winder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by AutoJoshNIG: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
Who said driving a machine like car is easy?

Be it manual or automatic, you need to master the craft. There are people who can drive the automatic transmission but can’t drive the manual transmission. On the other hand, there are people who are used to manual and can’t easily drive an automatic transmission.

A lot of people have their taste when it comes to transmission type; different strokes for different folks. Be it manual or automatic, learning how to drive isn’t an easy task. It’s not a ‘one-day’ process. It requires time, energy, money consistency etc.

We would often hear and see people argue that manual drivers are better drivers than the automatic drivers. Reaching a conclusion can be a tricky one because manual cars and automatic cars have their pros and cons.

Are manual drivers better drivers than the automatic drivers? You’ll have to decide at the end of this post. Here are some reasons why many people think manual drivers are better drivers.

1. Better Handling:
A manual driver is more calculative than the automatic driver. He’s more aware of how best to handle a car. He has a better understanding of car dynamics, braking and acceleration. He knows how best to manipulate the gear and how to perform a good clutch engagement. He’s more careful to drive well

2. Pays Better Attention/cautious drivers:
Who pays better attention other than a manual driver? Even though automatic drivers pay attention, it’s not as much as manual drivers. The manual driver is very sensitive and easily take notice of things going on . They have superb mental alertness.

3. Manual drivers are good learners:
The manual drivers have stronger connection with their car. Manual drivers are never bored of driving; they are enthusiastic about driving and better driving tips.They keep learning to keep afloat. They keep learning to make better gear transitions etc.

The above are their major reasons why they think manual drivers are better than automatic drivers.

Between manual and automatic drivers, who do you think are better drivers?

It’s best you answer it yourself.

https://autojosh.com/3-reasons-manual-drivers-think-better-automatic-drivers/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by ruby360: 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
Manual still remains the best.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Ernestbukky(m): 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Team manual. Majority of car racing and successful robbery are being done with manual cars cool

21 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by lonelydora: 6:52am On Mar 03, 2018
Before you argue, why do most car manufacturers add a semi-manual system to their automatic gear system?

I prefer manual car for highway driving and Automatic car for City driving.

Manual is bae!! Automatic is for lazy folks...very boring to drive

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 03, 2018
If u can drive manual, you automatically drive automatic. But someone who drives only automatic can't drive manual. That changing of gear eh

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Tunndeh(m): 7:05am On Mar 03, 2018
Automatic all the way abegi

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by tripoli007(m): 7:05am On Mar 03, 2018
Abeg shey na manual / auto buhari day use drive Naija .. Abeg I no go again .. I won come down sir grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

12 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Yankee101: 7:07am On Mar 03, 2018
If you can drive shift, automatic is easy to teach yourself. But it's not vice versa.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by lonelydora: 7:08am On Mar 03, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
If u can drive manual, you automatically drive automatic. But someone who drives only automatic can't drive manual. That changing of gear eh

Wrong assumption. I know quite few people who can drive manual but can't drive automatic

6 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by ajaolu(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2018
Although the automatic has gone a long way in automating very well but the most important especially emergency decisions are better taken manually. Manual vehicle rocks.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2018
I do not need reasons,I know we are better!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nutase: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2018
Manual rocks

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by miarhpe: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2018
I hear
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by teflonjake(m): 7:13am On Mar 03, 2018
Ernestbukky:
Team manual. Major of car racing and successful robbery are being done with manual cars cool

grin grin grin grin guyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by xreal: 7:14am On Mar 03, 2018
I stand with manual.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2018
Somebody cannot offer me a truck to carry a bull and I will opt to carry it on my head!!!

Why?

I be suffer head?

Automatic all the way o jare!!!

13 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by alsudaes1(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Yeah, I got pissed off with it (changing of gear) when learning, probably because I had a bad instructor who was only interested in the money for the training, requesting for more like Oliver Twist.
I own an auto, so I just called it off to be driving my auto jeje
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

Wrong assumption. I know quite few people who can drive manual but can't drive automatic
Is that so? Their matter serious

10 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by MrMakaveli20(m): 7:17am On Mar 03, 2018
So by continuously shifting gears automatically makes one a better driver? I started driving with manual. used it for a while before changing to automatic. I traveled with a manual car recently, and even though I haven't driven one in years, I managed it effortlessly. Team Auto anytime

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by lonelydora: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Is that so? Their matter serious

Yes Ma.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2018
alsudaes1:

Yeah, I got pissed off with it when learning, probably because I had a bad instructor who was only interested in the money for the training
Aeya.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Ajeborhustler1: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2018
Manual ko Emmanuel ni
Abi
Automatic ko otobo ni
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by axeman10(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2018
Within the nearest future, self driving cars will flood the world...who then needs the comparison Just asking!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by matthew49: 7:25am On Mar 03, 2018
When driving auto,i sometimes sleep on the wheel,but manual cars makes alert all the time

6 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by idu1(m): 7:34am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

It's a lie.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by psalmson001: 7:40am On Mar 03, 2018
grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Facts About Maybach / Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Endorses Ondo Auto Rally (Photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.