Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

2010 Kia Models! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2010 Kia Models! (8811 Views)

Reg. 2010 Kia Cerato Selling For 1.350million. Bought Brand New SOLD! / ###########clean Registered 2010 Kia Picanto.......price 680k negotiable / Super Neat 2010 Kia Cerrato. neatest in town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 Kia Models! by GBT(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
I already contributed to the thread. As I said, the kia rio model made for the nigerian market and distributed by Dana motors (sole rep of Kia in Nigeria) are not ordered with airbags, Instead they are equipped with seatbelt pretensioners.

The reason is price, most pple that buy Kia do so because of the price, the kia picanto and rio are ordered without to keep prices reasonable. No one will buy a kia if the brand is perceived as too expensive for the quality. Believe me, I get a lot of customers asking "in this day and age? A brand new car without airbags? But what can I say, If there's no regulatory body to monitor these things and the nigerian govt cannot be bothered about safety, the distributors will do as they wish.

Funny enough I drive a rio, its cheap to maintain, low fuel consumption and it gets me where I wanna go and believe it or not the Rio is still our most popular and highest selling model.

PLAIN SIMPLE AND TRUTHFUL. Keep it up
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by indie22(f): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
Aaaaww, thanks!!

The price for the 2010 Sportage isn't out yet, the last models we sold for 3.7m, so it'll prolly stay that way or just slightly higher, ill be sure to post the prices as soon as they become available.
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2010
indie,
keep up the good work. in business just as in politics, there are no permanent friends nor enemies, just permanent interests. you get my drift? wink
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by chikaflora: 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2010
current price of picanto pls,thanks
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by indie22(f): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2010
Picanto 1.1L manual: 1.450m naira

Picanto 1.1L auto : 1.650m naira
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by steamslide(m): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
How much is a kia optima 2010 model pls.

Whats your advice: buying a kia cerato or a kia optima. Buying manual or automatic in either case. Thanks
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by akinalabi(m): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2010
George_D:

indie22,

toyota highlander 2006 model:

• electronic stability control
• 4-wheel abs
• traction control
• child seat lower anchorage
• adjustable upper belt - front
• seat belt pretensioners
• energy management feature
• integrated saftey belt
• rear center lap/shoulder belt
• advanced air bag features
• rear seat head restraint
• tire pressure monitor

Are you an editor for a car magazine? grin

Personally, I don't care about most of those features you listed there.
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by indie22(f): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2010
steamslide:

How much is a kia optima 2010 model pls.

Whats your advice: buying a kia cerato or a kia optima. Buying manual or automatic in either case. Thanks

Buying a car really depends a whole lot on the budget of the buyer and how far he's willing to stretch it.

In the case of the cerato and Optima, these are two very different models, whilst the cerato is a 1.6L engine, the Optima is a 2.0L, i cant say which is better or advise customers on what they should go for, but ill tell you that the Kia Optima is a bigger model, with more features than the cerato, and the price difference between the two is about 550,000naira. So it depends on what you want in a car, The optima auto has full leather seats, whilst the cerato comes in fabric, both vehicles come with CD players and ipod docks, only that the Optima has a 6cd loader, both cars have audio controls on the steering, airbags, keyless entry, power windows e.t.c, It really depends on what's most important to you in a car and how much you're willing to cough out.

About the transmission, both the cerato manuals and the optima manuasl do not come ordered with alloy rims, with the manuals you get plastic wheel covers, also both manuals come with only driver airbags.

Hope this answers your question.
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by cmgoat(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2010
how much can i get Kia forte 2010?
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by indie22(f): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2010
The forte is actually not available at the moment, the last units sold went for about 3.2m naira, we are expecting the Cerato Koupe 2011 model as well as the Cerato hatchback in the first quarter of next year.
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by indie22(f): 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2010
Sorry, wrong info up there, the kia cerato (called Forte in the american market) is available in manual @ 2.5m and auto @ 2.850m naira. Its the Kia cerato koupe that's out of stock at the moment
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by steamslide(m): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2010
Buying a car really depends a whole lot on the budget of the buyer and how far he's willing to stretch it.

In the case of the cerato and Optima, these are two very different models, whilst the cerato is a 1.6L engine, the Optima is a 2.0L,  i cant say which is better or advise customers on what they should go for, but ill tell you that the Kia Optima is a bigger model, with more features than the cerato, and the price difference between the two is about 550,000naira. So it depends on what you want in a car, The optima auto has full leather seats, whilst the cerato comes in fabric, both vehicles come with CD players and ipod docks, only that the Optima has a 6cd loader, both cars have audio controls on the steering, airbags, keyless entry, power windows e.t.c, It really depends on what's most important to you in a car and how much you're willing to cough out.

About the transmission, both the cerato manuals and the optima manuasl do not come ordered with alloy rims, with the manuals you get plastic wheel covers, also both manuals come with only driver airbags.

Hope this answers your question.

Indie,

you have not answered my first question - How much is the kia optima 2010? MT  and AT

Are you saying that the manual for optima and Cerato only have airbags for the driver? Not even for the non-driver front seat?
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by indie22(f): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2010
Kia Optima 2010 manual: 2.790m naira

Kia Optima 2010 auto: 3.240m naira

The Optima manual comes with only driver airbags whilst the cerato manual comes with both driver and passenger airbags, don't ask me how come, that's just how the models are ordered.

Btw the 2011 is coming out in a couple of weeks, there's no price at the moment, but I would suggest you see it first before deciding on the 2010 (just a suggestion)
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by verbena: 9:15am On Apr 07, 2011
what is the price of the new 2011 optima and 2011 sportage , auto and manual.
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by kayeyes: 3:58am On Dec 13, 2011
pls price for kia optima 2011
Re: 2010 Kia Models! by emdadeb: 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2012
What is the asking price?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sharp Nissan Quest 3.5 SL V6 Leather Toks #1.35M 08096577304 / 2007 Honda End Of Discussion: At A REDUCED PRICE / 2011 Model BMW X6 Mpower Toks Fully Loaded Selling Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.