Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Awaken: Divine Hunter - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Awaken: Divine Hunter (29599 Views)

Reincarnation Of Divine Doctor - Feather's Stories / The Hunted Hunter / A Short Play- (the Hunted Hunter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
just one episode to go and the epilogue will follow..... see you guys later.... Enjoy your update....

3 Likes

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Evold: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
Micheal is becoming stronger since he's able to control his rage now. Hope he succeeds

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Olaiyadoam(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
I'm completely awed.. You definately know how to keep every act in check... And i'm surely hoping for more..
This story has gotten to a stage where the next 'series of event' is unpredictable(all thanks to you). I just hope/pray that all goes well.
Anticipating tha last episope.
PRECIOUSBOUY
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by dawno2008(m): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
Wow shocked shocked
Final battle on point cool

That crazy varesh will know who the boss is cool

@preciousbouy, bless you for this update
Pls, quickly drop another episode of

CONSTANTINE grin grin

Nice work baba

2 Likes

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Solly1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
WOW, I'm so excited right now...
Thanks bro, for the multiple updates.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Solly1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2018
Preciousbouy:
just one episode to go and the epilogue will follow..... see you guys later.... Enjoy your update....

Bro, you're incredibly awesome!

I'm elated
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by nkemdave(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2018
This battle is a really strong one..................
I just hope that one day Michael will regain his freedom and meet with his pals.
Nice Work.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by RealLordZeus(m): 6:57am On Oct 31, 2018
preciousbouy! comman update oooo, thumbs up bro
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by paqman: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2018
Big caught up at last but I must say you are really doing a nice job here, thank you for the mention even when I wasn't reading you deserve some accolades
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
I no forget una ooooo my exams dey choke me up....... will post after my exams......

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by nkemdave(m): 8:38am On Nov 12, 2018
Preciousbouy:
I no forget una ooooo my exams dey choke me up....... will post after my exams......

So sorry 4 ur busy schedules. i will be waiting patiently.

Wishn u high grades in ur exams

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 12:49am On Nov 13, 2018
nkemdave:

So sorry 4 ur busy schedules. i will be waiting patiently.

Wishn u high grades in ur exams
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by dawno2008(m): 12:04am On Nov 14, 2018
Preciousbouy:

Thanks man
@preciousbouy how is the exams going,wishing you the very best bruh,
Really missing my fix,I'm so hooked to this story
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Ann2012(f): 11:59am On Nov 14, 2018
Well done OP
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
Olaiyadoam BiadeForla Hadow Cadec007, Solomombrown64, Theblessedman Jomagibs drstainlex nkemdave tunjilomo Ultimategeneral Osasnidas Nightie rosalieene Afz909 Evold opeade939 Ann2012 Wonderz1 DZTZl mitchelljnr mekonglobal donteanz bimberry1307 do4luv14 Oroolorun explosive04 Phayth helenbee joshnes Bleeze2 Evold queenbetsy kaycee9242 Horladstar paqman rowdymind EkopSparoAyara queenitee boffinjay RegArmani coolio1 Solly1 TeameeMoses Phoenixchap cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy (welcome ma'am) Favouritetega smooth278 virtuedagirl queenbetsy arrestdarrester tonyxxx stevodot22 charminee Mynet11Godwinfury Oluwaseunliz Souloho19 Riele IamKingoludav Ann2012 Eberechi24 favouritetega ladysunshine toyean1507 phoenixchap mitchelljnr igyeseh mekonglobal Silensa cerowo stevodot22 Chisiudeh shekinah190 kaycee9242 rchilee mimilight arrestdarrester iamloyalty excelmerry Evold dview001 pToretto rayvelez raingirl coolie10 MhisTahrah explosive04 Helenbee WHOcarex princessadeola crazy oluwaseunliz queenitee cylovee Boffinjay rapfrick okeyben10 EkopsparoAyara khennykhay pinkfeet Honeydawealth charminee ifemism02 paafin KpakoGIN rowdymind...

CHAPTER 27

Michael’s eyes opened slowly. His head pounded like he’d overdone it with the liquor the night before. Through his blurry vision he saw an orange glow and followed the light to the far corner of the room. He blinked a couple of times, trying to focus, and when his sight began to clear he noticed there was a silhouette of a man sat in an armchair across the way.

“Finally, you’re awake. Thought I was gonna have to come and shake you,” a rich, husky voice said.

Michael sat up abruptly, realizing he was in a. . . motel room? He tried to focus his groggy eyes on the large figure.

“Who the hell are you?” he managed to say even though his throat was as dry as a bone. “And where am I?”

“Now. . . is that any way to talk to someone whose just saved your ass? And not for the first time may I add.”

“What. . ?” Michael cleared his throat, “what are you talking about?” As he moved to sit up, he gripped his head in his hands as it pounded. Jeez! He felt like he’d been hit round the head a few times.

All of a sudden the room came into view as a few candles that were mounted on the walls flared of their own accord, lighting up the stranger and making it easier for his eyes to focus. Thick, blond, wavy hair was slicked back from a rugged face that had a strong, chiselled jaw shaded with stubble. He was dressed in leather trousers and a black turtleneck sweater that showed off the size of his wide shoulders. He looked huge from Michael’s vantage point, which he soon realized, was on the floor. The guy had his ankle propped on top of his knee; one arm hooked on the back of the chair and was staring down at him.

He waved his hand casually in Michael’s direction. “Uh, Yeah. . . the head thing. That’s just temporary. It’ll clear soon enough.”

Michael shuffled himself back to sit against the wall. With a huff, he said, “Never mind my damned headache. What the Bleep’s going on?”

The stranger shifted himself forward and propped his arms on his knees.

“Relax buddy. And take a look around you before you fly off at me. You might just realize you’re not where you should be.”

Shit! That’s right. This wasn’t Hell. His eyes scanned the room, which could have been a motel room but, no. . . the beige carpet was far too clean, and so was the rest of the room by the looks of things. There were a few sconces on the walls, which made Michael wonder about the candles, and dark framed pictures hung randomly from a picture rail. Next to him was a dark wood vanity and across from that was a double bed, also made from heavy dark wood. Now that he thought about it, the furniture looked expensive, antique even.

“I knew the lights would be too bright for you when you finally came to.”

Michael looked over at the stranger who used his finger to tap his temple.

“Your head.” He used the same finger to point around the room. “That’s why the candles,” he explained.

Michael lifted his chin in acknowledgement. “Well, what is this place? It doesn’t look like Hell, but this could just be one of those damn hallucinations.

Yeah. . . that’s exactly what this is, isn’t it? I’m imagining all of this, aren’t I?”
“Nope. All real.”

“Right.” Michael wasn’t convinced. He’d seen how real things could appeguy in that shit hole of a place so why couldn’t this just be the same thing. “Okay.
And you are?”

“Here to help,” was all he got for a reply from the guy “Wait. . . Okay, I get it. . . I am hallucinating. I’m in some freaky game show where I have to guess the answers to what happens to me next. Right?

‘Cos why else would I be sitting here still waiting for answers?” Michael said sarcastically. “Are you gonna start talking?”

The candles flared brighter all of a sudden and Michael looked around the place again. Definitely not a motel room. The walls were painted in deep yellow and a small, glass chandelier, which matched the sconces, hung from the ceiling in the middle of the room. Okay, so the candle trick meant that this guy was clearly not human.

“You’re still in Garrett, and this house belongs to a friend of mine.”

Okay, not quite what Michael meant. “About what the hell’s going on here not whose goddamn house this is?”

The stranger sat back in his chair. “I am Raziel, and this is the second time I’ve pulled you from damnation.” He must have seen Michael’s surprised expression because he quickly continued. “Yes. I’m the reason you got out the first time, only I wasn’t expecting you’d liked it so much to go straight back in there of your own accord.”

Michael’s eyes widened with shock and confusion. Why did he have no idea? “What are you?”
“I suppose you could say I’m your guardian angel.”

Silence.

There were times when Michael questioned his own sanity; questioned whether or not his recent experiences had been some sort of distorted reality that only existed inside a troubled mind of a version of himself that was locked up in a padded room. It was easy to think that, given how he’d spent his past year. The many unexplainable things he’d witnessed could all be put dowreality misinterpreted reality. He’d fought demons a plenty, encountered spirits, wraiths−both good and evil, had been to Hell and back. Literally. But this was the first time he’d ever encountered an angel.

Angel. He repeated it to himself, as if that would somehow make it easier to swallow.

Even after everything he’d been through, he was having a hard time processing the fact that the guy sitting across the room from him, a guy who looked like he was out of some TV show about renegades who ride around on souped up, classic motorcycles, was an actual angel.

All of a sudden an uncontrollable roar of laughter erupted from Michael; the kind of laughter that had you gripping hold of your stomach and wiping tears from your eyes. He noticed a bemused look on the face of the stranger who seemed to be waiting patiently for Michael to compose himself.

“Care to share what you find so funny?”

He finally managed to swallow his amusement and explain his sudden outburst. “It’s. . . of all the ways I expected an angel would look, you are not one of them.”

The angel huffed. “Glad I amuse you.”

“I’m sorry. I mean nothing by it. It’s just,” Michael shook his head, “if someone had said to me that I would meet a real life angel one day, I’d be expecting long, flowing, white gowns and fluffy wings or something, not a celestial version of Jax Teller.”

“Who?”

Michael shook his head. “Never mind.”

Raziel seemed to relax a little. “I think I would honestly end things for myself if that was required attire.”

Both men, for want of a better word, sat in silence for a few moments.

Thankfully Michael’s headache had started to ease a little and he was feeling much better. But he needed answers. Why had this angel saved him? Twice?
“You saved me? Why?”

“Because I was ordered to,” Raziel replied without hesitation.

“Ordered by whom?”

Raziel just looked at Michael without saying a word. He let out a long sigh and shifted forward in his chair.

“You might want to brace yourself for what I’m about to tell you.”

Michael stood up; his head still throbbed a little, but it was almost back to normal. He walked over to the side of the bed near the angel and sat down, feeling a little apprehensive at Raziel’s words. “Go on.”
What the angel said next, he could never have been prepared for.

“You’ve never been fully human, Michael.” Raziel looked up when he heard Michael’s gasp. “Your father was one of us, a warrior of the Creator, or an angel. You are a Nephilim: half human/half angel.”

Well, that was enough to make a guy want to lose his stomach right here on the nice beige carpet. Michael sat stock still as though someone had hit pause on his remote control. He had no choice but to listen to Raziel as the guy continued.

“There was a war, a long time ago, between Heaven and Hell and some decisions were made by the Creator−the one you call God−that some of my fellow warriors didn’t agree with. It caused a division amongst us, eventually leading to a rebellion. Those rebels were due to be cast out for their behavior, but before the Creator could do it, the rebel warriors came to earth and decided to punish him in the worst way possible: by hurting his humans. They raped and murdered, and all because they’d been branded. When one of us is about to be punished, and in most cases cast out, we are branded, stripped of our powers, though not our strength, before being put on trial before a jury of our leaders.

“A team of elite warriors were sent to retrieve the rebels from here on earth and return them to the Creator who would make them fall for their crimes. One of these elite warriors was your father, Samael.”“Shit!” Michael managed to say before swallowing the saliva that was quickly filling his mouth. The news should have been implausible, so why was he not finding it harder to accept what Raziel was saying? “Was my mother raped?”

Raziel shook his head. “No. Your mother helped Samael and he fell in love with her. Some of the women who were raped went on to have children. Those Nephilim had defects: they grew to be monsters. Some raped, some murdered and some just simply went insane, but all are dead now.

“But you, Michael. . . you were born out of love. Because of that, your heart is pure.”

Michael was stunned beyond all comprehension. Not sure how to process the atomic bombshell that had just been dropped on him. How could this be true? An angel? He was half angel? How is that even possible?

For some strange reason his thoughts went back to that day in the hospital when Jake had shown his face. After he’d gone to get coffee and he’d stopped to check if the lady was okay.

“Are you here for him?” she’d said. “Please, take good care of him. Look after him until I get there.”

Suddenly, the penny dropped. Her son. . . He’d been close to death. She’d thought Michael had come to take him. He scrubbed his hand over his stubble.

Jesus. Had she really thought he was an angel? And how did she know that he—?

“Some people can just sense these things.” Raziel answered the question that Michael had only asked in his mind.

Michael straightened. “Can you—?”

“See what’s in your mind? Yes.”

“Good to know.” A pain shot through Michael’s left temple and he winced.

“Damn. I thought you said this would ease?”

“It will.”

Michael pinched the skin at the top of his nose in the hope that it would help. It did a little. Well, it helped with the head pain. He still had that horrible tightness in his chest which seemed to be getting worse.

He thought about his parents. “What happened to them?”

Raziel sat back in his chair and ran his hand through his wavy hair, keeping it off his face. “Your father was punished for his crime, cast out, made to fall. I don’t know what happened to him after that, no one does. Your mother never got over losing Samael, and after giving birth to you she killed herself.”

Even though he never knew his real parents, Michael couldn’t help but feel the loss of them. Growing up, he was always led to believe that he wasn’t wanted, and made to live with more people that hadn’t wanted him. But he couldn’t be too angry about it. After all, he’d lived a life to be proud of. That was until. . .

“So, if I’m half angel, how did I end up like this?” It didn’t make any sense.

“After you were born you were protected. We knew, as the only surviving Nephilim and one of pure heart, that you would be hunted,” Raziel explained.

“Hunted, why?”

“It has always been said that if you create a life by mixing the DNA of a human with that of an angel then that child, or Nephilim, would grow to be extremely powerful. So we took steps to ensure your safety. Your mother named you Gazriel, which is the name your father wanted to give you, but we changed your identity and let you live on earth as a normal human with protection from us. We watched over you.”

“And Varesh? Where does he come into this? And do you know he’s building an army?”

“Yes. All we know is that he’s up to something. We’re watching him.

Closely.”

Michael stood up from the bed and began to pace the length of the room.

“Then how did that bitch kill me?” he snapped. It was because of her that he was in this mess; that Lacy and Evo were. . . Oh shit! Evo. How was he supposed to find Evo?

Raziel waited for Michael to calm down before he answered. “That we didn’t see coming. But once that demon had killed you, your protection didn’t work anymore. That meant that every creature, every being that knew about you would be able to find you.”

They both sat in silence.

Gazriel.

That was his real birth name. Another memory shot into his mind, this one from further back than the last. The night he’d first met Evo in the alley when he’d saved him from that demon. “Gazriel!” it had said before vanishing. That demon had recognized him back then.

Amongst Michael’s memories an idea surfaced. If Raziel had saved him twice from Hell, then surely he could save his friend. “What about Evo? Can you. . . ” Michael didn’t need to finish his question because when he looked over at the angel, he was already shaking his head. Oh yeah, the mind reading thing.

“It’s forbidden for an angel to enter Hell without falling. The first time I saved you was an exception: I had help from my superiors, which is rare. The second. . . I didn’t need to go into Hell. I just grabbed you before you got there.”
Raziel looked at Michael, his gaze sympathetic.

Michael walked back over to the bed and plunked himself down, the temporary hope he’d just felt leaving him as quickly as the air from a deflating balloon.

“Sorry,” Raziel said as Michael looked down at the floor. “Besides, where he is, is not an easy place to get to.”

Michael’s eyes shot back up to his. “You know where he is?”

“Yes. And it’s damned unfortunate.”

Yes, it was. But not impossible.

He had to get going.

Michael got up from the bed and began to walk towards the door. He paused as he looked at the angel. He at least needed to thank him for saving him twice.

He had a feeling this wouldn’t be the last time he saw Raziel, but for now he had to leave.

“Thanks,” Michael said. He sincerely appreciated what the angel had done.

Without him, he’d have never gotten out of the pit the first time, and he’d have never met Evo or Lacy.

Now it was time for him to save someone.
The angel cocked a brow at Michael and simply said, “No need. Where will you go?”

Michael smiled. “I’m going to find a way to save my buddy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hey famz am back..... Exam Don finish..
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Evold: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Preciousbouy:
Hey famz am back..... Exam Don finish..
You are highly welcome. Thanks for the update
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by germaphobe(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
so glad you finally updated
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by paqman: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
A big thank you to the author of this story I don't no why you keep me mentioned even when I wasn't reading thank you may God bless you really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by shurley22(f): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2018
Welcome back Op and thanks for the update
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
Thanks to all of you that waited patiently for me.... Well, I will be starting a new story soonest and I hope you all enjoy it.... Will upload the last part of the story later..
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by MummyIMadeIt: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
My suspicions where true for the Mike of a person.

Hmm, D's story seems to remind me of the movie "The Underworld".

Interested in foreboding the war ahead.
Nice piece.

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Ann2012(f): 5:37am On Nov 18, 2018
Interesting
Thanks for the update
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Olaiyadoam BiadeForla Hadow Cadec007, Solomombrown64, Theblessedman Jomagibs drstainlex nkemdave tunjilomo Ultimategeneral Osasnidas Nightie rosalieene Afz909 Evold opeade939 Ann2012 Wonderz1 DZTZl mitchelljnr mekonglobal donteanz bimberry1307 do4luv14 Oroolorun explosive04 Phayth helenbee joshnes Bleeze2 Evold queenbetsy kaycee9242 Horladstar paqman rowdymind EkopSparoAyara queenitee boffinjay RegArmani coolio1 Solly1 TeameeMoses Phoenixchap cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy (welcome ma'am) Favouritetega smooth278 virtuedagirl queenbetsy arrestdarrester tonyxxx stevodot22 charminee Mynet11Godwinfury Oluwaseunliz Souloho19 Riele IamKingoludav Ann2012 Eberechi24 favouritetega ladysunshine toyean1507 phoenixchap mitchelljnr igyeseh mekonglobal Silensa cerowo stevodot22 Chisiudeh shekinah190 kaycee9242 rchilee mimilight arrestdarrester iamloyalty excelmerry Evold dview001 pToretto rayvelez raingirl coolie10 MhisTahrah explosive04 Helenbee WHOcarex princessadeola crazy oluwaseunliz queenitee cylovee Boffinjay rapfrick okeyben10 EkopsparoAyara khennykhay pinkfeet Honeydawealth charminee ifemism02 paafin KpakoGIN rowdymind...

EPILOGUE

A biting wind whistled through the tall trees behind Michael as he stood across the dimly lit parking lot of Albert’s Grocery Mart watching Lacy pack her shopping bags into the trunk of her car. Nina was about to put the bag that she’d been carrying in there too, until the handle snapped, spilling the contents all over the floor. Both women laughed as they bent to retrieve the scattered shopping as Michael watched from the shadows with a yearning deep in his heart that was inconceivable.

It had been seven days since Raziel, the angel, had pulled him back from the pit, and for every single one of those days Michael had tortured himself over what to do. He’d wanted to go running straight to Lacy, to tell her everything was okay, and that he wasn’t in Hell, but something had stopped him.

Finding that he couldn’t risk everything he’d fought for, Michael had refrained from contacting her and it had damn near ended him. Instead, he’d called Alethia.

The deity agreed that what he was doing was right and wanted to help him.

He needed to find his friend and to make sure he destroyed Varesh and his minions so they could never hurt Lacy again.

Only then could he return to her.

He had to know she was safe.

As Lacy looked up from her crouch on the floor, he saw a distance in her eyes that hadn’t been there before. Behind her smiles was a vacant space that hevknew he was responsible for.
But this was how it had to be.

She couldn’t know he was back.

“We really should leave,” a voice said from behind him, pulling him from his thoughts. Alethia had been patient while he’d observed the woman he now knew he loved. But she was right: the longer he was around Lacy, the more at risk she was.

The deity was taking him to the airport where he would be catching a flight to Cincinnati to meet with an acquaintance of hers. Alethia had found out that there was another hunter in Kentucky, who’d also had a run in with Varesh, andvMichael had arranged to speak to him. He knew he couldn’t deal with Evo’s little situation alone with what little information he had, so he needed to cover every angle. Hopefully the guy in Newport would be able to help.

He nodded his head and forced himself to break the intense magnetic force that was holding him to her. Leaving her was the hardest thing he’d ever had to do, but the knowledge of someday returning to her, without any of the danger that would surely follow him now, was the only thing keeping him strong enough to walk away.

He walked towards Alethia’s BMW but before he opened the door, he turned to look at Lacy once more.

She was just about to get into her car when her head lifted and she looked over in his direction.

He froze. His heart sank as his eyes met hers. But she wouldn’t know it was him under the dark hood he wore. She got in the car and shut the door.

All he could do was watch with tortured anguish as the woman he loved drove away from him.

“I’ll be with you soon, Lacy,” he whispered.

And vowed to keep the promise that he’d made.

THE END. . . For now. . .

PROLOGUE

Denver, Colorado.

January 27th, 1980.

Dawn was near breaking. . .

A woman crouched down behind the lectern at the sanctuary of St Barnabus’ church of Latter Day Saints, trembling with fear as the battle continued to rage outside the heavy, wooden front doors. She wrapped one arm around the small swell of her pregnant stomach and prayed like she’d never prayed before.

Just then, the panicked voice she heard, the one that bellowed through the ancient building she’d taken refuge in, made her chest tighten and a strange sense of relief pushed its way through her fear.

“Larissa? Larissa, where are you?” the familiar voice shouted and she heard the heavy footsteps of her Saviour quicken down the aisle.

She rushed to her feet and when she saw him, she couldn’t hold back her tears. “I’m here, Samael.”

“Larissa!”

She stepped around the lectern and began to rush towards him.

“No!” he shouted. “Stay where you are. I’ll come to you.”

When he reached her, she gasped at the blood on his face−some by his left temple and some around the right side of his mouth. It was deeper in color thana human’s, so deep it was almost black, and it made her legs feel weak to see him in that state.

Her angel.

He crouched down, pulling her with him so they were both now hidden behind the wide, wooden stand. He flung his arms around her, pulling her into his hard body. “Thank the heavens you are safe,” he said as he kissed the top of her head.

She closed her eyes as she sank into his embrace. She was still overwhelmed by him, even now. It was hard to believe she’d fallen in love with a beautiful angel, one who loved her back equally, even though their time together had only been brief.

And now she was scared to death; scared for the two of them, and for their unborn child. She knew that she was going to lose Samael. There was nothing they could do to stop it. He’d broken the rules. No angel was allowed to mate with a human. It didn’t matter if that angel loved with all his heart as she knew Samael loved her.

The war had started almost three months ago when the angels had come to earth to collect the rebels who were causing mayhem, raping and murdering innocents in a bid to get revenge on the Creator for tightening the rules of how they existed.

Those rebels, when the warriors finally caught up to them, were stabbed with a celestial, iron sword which sent them back to the Creator where they would then be tried and punished for their crimes.

The human race had no idea that the war amongst these divine beings was happening all around them: Angels could not be seen unless they decided to show themselves and that would usually only happen with the rebels while they attacked their prey. They were angry, strong and virile and there was no escaping them, unless, of course you had an angel to look out for you.Samael had been one of those warriors sent down to clean up the mess and rid the earth of such hostility. He’d kept himself hidden, just like he was supposed to, until he’d seen Larissa being dragged down a dark alleyway. She winced at the memory of that night and how strong her attacker had been. If Samael hadn’t appeared from thin air to save her, she’d have been one of those poor victims of the rebels. Samael had stabbed her attacker before the violent male had even realized anyone was there, causing him to disappear in a cloud of white smoke before her very eyes.

Later, Samael had told Larissa things that she couldn’t bring herself tovbelieve at first. Angels didn’t rape and murder people. Not that she’d really believed that they existed at all, but no bible, no stories had told of such a thing.

After that night, she’d seen the impossibly beautiful angel again when he’d checked in on her to make sure she was still safe. Then again the next night, and the night after that, until two whole weeks had passed and during their time in each other’s company, something began to stir between the both of them. After they’d fought hard to keep their feelings for one another in check, one night, in a moment of weakness, they ended up sleeping together. The only night she’d lay with him and it had been the best night of her life, perfect in every way.

Heaven.

Of course, the fact that she’d gotten pregnant didn’t help to hide what theyvhad done. From then on the angel, the hunter who had been sent to collect the rebels, had become the hunted.

For the last two months Larissa and her angel had been fugitives. And every day the pull was getting harder for Samael to fight. The Creator was summoning him to return and admit his fate, but he wouldn’t and he hid from the warriors that had come to send him back.

Now, they were at the end of the line. Larissa knew she was about to lose him.

My angel.

They both huddled together, and she closed her eyes as he whispered tender words into her ear. Words that made her heart feel as though it were being crushed by an invisible hand.

“I love you, Samael” she whispered.

He pulled back, grabbed her face in his hands and kissed her with such fervor the chaos that ensued around them momentarily disappeared. She allowed herself to imagine that they were safe; that while his lips caressed hers,vthey were somewhere else, somewhere they could be together in each other’s arms forever.

But then the nightmare returned.

The doors to the church slammed open with an almighty thud and Larissacjumped. Samael held her close and she gripped onto him tightly, crying silently into his chest and trembling with the fear of what she knew was about to happen. He’d always said if his brethren ever caught up with him he wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of stabbing him. He would leave on his own, and she knew that when she let go, it would be for the very last time.

He knew they’d come for him, knew there was no escaping his fate. They both did.

Samael held her arms, pushing her away a little so that he could look into her eyes. His pale irises were softly glowing, reminding her of when she’d first seen them on their first night together. “I love you too, Larissa. I always will.”

He placed one hand on her stomach and gently stroked it. “Take care of our child.”

She couldn’t speak, just nodded as tears streamed down her face and she took his hands in hers.

The heavy footsteps indicated the angels were closing in on them. Samael held Larissa’s gaze for one last moment before he rose, bringing her with him and tucking her under his armThey stood facing the warriors who were now pacing towards them showingvgraceful strength. One walked in front of all the others, his wavy, blond hair slicked back from his face. His stare was unwavering as he stood before Samael. “My brother. It is time.”

There was no malice in the warrior’s voice. In fact, Larissa was sure she saw sorrow in the Angel’s eyes.

“Raziel. You know I won’t allow you or anyone else to take me.” She feltvhim tighten his hold on her.

“I know Samael. We are just here to see that it’s done. I’m so sorry this hasvhappened, my good friend.” Raziel slid his gaze to Larissa for a second thenvback to her angel again.

Samael looked at her; his eyes glistened with what looked like unshed tears.

They were glowing brighter now than before. “I am not.” He bent his head and met her lips for one last lingering kiss before he stepped away from her and heldvhis arms out to the side. Larissa’s heart broke into pieces as she and the other warriors watched Samael become engulfed in bright, white light. Beams shot out from his body, lighting up the whole space.

Then suddenly it was gone.

And so was her angel...

A new story will be starting soon I and hope you enjoy it...# Still your boy preciousbouy... Have a splendid Sunday

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by germaphobe(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
preciousbouy, thanks alot for the story. And don't forget to mention me in ur next story
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Ann2012(f): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
Thanks for this wonderful story

Waiting for the next story
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by phoenixchap: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Good to have u back bro, thought you had abandoned us before. And I can see a lot of adjustment and energy going into this boss, kudos
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by nkemdave(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Knowing Michael's background will give him more strength and hope to overcome his struggles and fears.

Splendid story.........your work is truly exceptional #Preciousbouy
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Evold: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
Thanks for seeing it up to the end. Wonderful story
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by paqman: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
[quote author=Preciousbouy post=73080552]Olaiyadoam BiadeForla Hadow Cadec007, Solomombrown64, Theblessedman Jomagibs drstainlex nkemdave tunjilomo Ultimategeneral Osasnidas Nightie rosalieene Afz909 Evold opeade939 Ann2012 Wonderz1 DZTZl mitchelljnr mekonglobal donteanz bimberry1307 do4luv14 Oroolorun explosive04 Phayth helenbee joshnes Bleeze2 Evold queenbetsy kaycee9242 Horladstar paqman rowdymind EkopSparoAyara queenitee boffinjay RegArmani coolio1 Solly1 TeameeMoses Phoenixchap cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy (welcome ma'am) Favouritetega smooth278 virtuedagirl queenbetsy arrestdarrester tonyxxx stevodot22 charminee Mynet11Godwinfury Oluwaseunliz Souloho19 Riele IamKingoludav Ann2012 Eberechi24 favouritetega ladysunshine toyean1507 phoenixchap mitchelljnr igyeseh mekonglobal Silensa cerowo stevodot22 Chisiudeh shekinah190 kaycee9242 rchilee mimilight arrestdarrester iamloyalty excelmerry Evold dview001 pToretto rayvelez raingirl coolie10 MhisTahrah explosive04 Helenbee WHOcarex princessadeola crazy oluwaseunliz queenitee cylovee Boffinjay rapfrick okeyben10 EkopsparoAyara khennykhay pinkfeet Honeydawealth charminee ifemism02 paafin KpakoGIN rowdymind...

EPILOGUE

A biting wind whistled through the tall trees behind Michael as he stood across the dimly lit parking lot of Albert’s Grocery Mart watching Lacy pack her shopping bags into the trunk of her car. Nina was about to put the bag that she’d been carrying in there too, until the handle snapped, spilling the contents all over the floor. Both women laughed as they bent to retrieve the scattered shopping as Michael watched from the shadows with a yearning deep in his heart that was inconceivable.

It had been seven days since Raziel, the angel, had pulled him back from the pit, and for every single one of those days Michael had tortured himself over what to do. He’d wanted to go running straight to Lacy, to tell her everything was okay, and that he wasn’t in Hell, but something had stopped him.

Finding that he couldn’t risk everything he’d fought for, Michael had refrained from contacting her and it had damn near ended him. Instead, he’d called Alethia.

The deity agreed that what he was doing was right and wanted to help him.

He needed to find his friend and to make sure he destroyed Varesh and his minions so they could never hurt Lacy again.

Only then could he return to her.

He had to know she was safe.

As Lacy looked up from her crouch on the floor, he saw a distance in her eyes that hadn’t been there before. Behind her smiles was a vacant space that hevknew he was responsible for.
But this was how it had to be.

She couldn’t know he was back.

“We really should leave,” a voice said from behind him, pulling him from his thoughts. Alethia had been patient while he’d observed the woman he now knew he loved. But she was right: the longer he was around Lacy, the more at risk she was.

The deity was taking him to the airport where he would be catching a flight to Cincinnati to meet with an acquaintance of hers. Alethia had found out that there was another hunter in Kentucky, who’d also had a run in with Varesh, andvMichael had arranged to speak to him. He knew he couldn’t deal with Evo’s little situation alone with what little information he had, so he needed to cover every angle. Hopefully the guy in Newport would be able to help.

He nodded his head and forced himself to break the intense magnetic force that was holding him to her. Leaving her was the hardest thing he’d ever had to do, but the knowledge of someday returning to her, without any of the danger that would surely follow him now, was the only thing keeping him strong enough to walk away.

He walked towards Alethia’s BMW but before he opened the door, he turned to look at Lacy once more.

She was just about to get into her car when her head lifted and she looked over in his direction.

He froze. His heart sank as his eyes met hers. But she wouldn’t know it was him under the dark hood he wore. She got in the car and shut the door.

All he could do was watch with tortured anguish as the woman he loved drove away from him.

“I’ll be with you soon, Lacy,” he whispered.

And vowed to keep the promise that he’d made.

THE END. . . For now. . .

PROLOGUE

Denver, Colorado.

January 27th, 1980.

Dawn was near breaking. . .

A woman crouched down behind the lectern at the sanctuary of St Barnabus’ church of Latter Day Saints, trembling with fear as the battle continued to rage outside the heavy, wooden front doors. She wrapped one arm around the small swell of her pregnant stomach and prayed like she’d never prayed before.

Just then, the panicked voice she heard, the one that bellowed through the ancient building she’d taken refuge in, made her chest tighten and a strange sense of relief pushed its way through her fear.

“Larissa? Larissa, where are you?” the familiar voice shouted and she heard the heavy footsteps of her Saviour quicken down the aisle.

She rushed to her feet and when she saw him, she couldn’t hold back her tears. “I’m here, Samael.”

“Larissa!”

She stepped around the lectern and began to rush towards him.

“No!” he shouted. “Stay where you are. I’ll come to you.”

When he reached her, she gasped at the blood on his face−some by his left temple and some around the right side of his mouth. It was deeper in color thana human’s, so deep it was almost black, and it made her legs feel weak to see him in that state.

Her angel.

He crouched down, pulling her with him so they were both now hidden behind the wide, wooden stand. He flung his arms around her, pulling her into his hard body. “Thank the heavens you are safe,” he said as he kissed the top of her head.

She closed her eyes as she sank into his embrace. She was still overwhelmed by him, even now. It was hard to believe she’d fallen in love with a beautiful angel, one who loved her back equally, even though their time together had only been brief.

And now she was scared to death; scared for the two of them, and for their unborn child. She knew that she was going to lose Samael. There was nothing they could do to stop it. He’d broken the rules. No angel was allowed to mate with a human. It didn’t matter if that angel loved with all his heart as she knew Samael loved her.

The war had started almost three months ago when the angels had come to earth to collect the rebels who were causing mayhem, raping and murdering innocents in a bid to get revenge on the Creator for tightening the rules of how they existed.

Those rebels, when the warriors finally caught up to them, were stabbed with a celestial, iron sword which sent them back to the Creator where they would then be tried and punished for their crimes.

The human race had no idea that the war amongst these divine beings was happening all around them: Angels could not be seen unless they decided to show themselves and that would usually only happen with the rebels while they attacked their prey. They were angry, strong and virile and there was no escaping them, unless, of course you had an angel to look out for you.Samael had been one of those warriors sent down to clean up the mess and rid the earth of such hostility. He’d kept himself hidden, just like he was supposed to, until he’d seen Larissa being dragged down a dark alleyway. She winced at the memory of that night and how strong her attacker had been. If Samael hadn’t appeared from thin air to save her, she’d have been one of those poor victims of the rebels. Samael had stabbed her attacker before the violent male had even realized anyone was there, causing him to disappear in a cloud of white smoke before her very eyes.

Later, Samael had told Larissa things that she couldn’t bring herself tovbelieve at first. Angels didn’t rape and murder people. Not that she’d really believed that they existed at all, but no bible, no stories had told of such a thing.

After that night, she’d seen the impossibly beautiful angel again when he’d checked in on her to make sure she was still safe. Then again the next night, and the night after that, until two whole weeks had passed and during their time in each other’s company, something began to stir between the both of them. After they’d fought hard to keep their feelings for one another in check, one night, in a moment of weakness, they ended up sleeping together. The only night she’d lay with him and it had been the best night of her life, perfect in every way.

Heaven.

Of course, the fact that she’d gotten pregnant didn’t help to hide what theyvhad done. From then on the angel, the hunter who had been sent to collect the rebels, had become the hunted.

For the last two months Larissa and her angel had been fugitives. And every day the pull was getting harder for Samael to fight. The Creator was summoning him to return and admit his fate, but he wouldn’t and he hid from the warriors that had come to send him back.

Now, they were at the end of the line. Larissa knew she was about to lose him.

My angel.

They both huddled together, and she closed her eyes as he whispered tender words into her ear. Words that made her heart feel as though it were being crushed by an invisible hand.

“I love you, Samael” she whispered.

He pulled back, grabbed her face in his hands and kissed her with such fervor the chaos that ensued around them momentarily disappeared. She allowed herself to imagine that they were safe; that while his lips caressed hers,vthey were somewhere else, somewhere they could be together in each other’s arms forever.

But then the nightmare returned.

The doors to the church slammed open with an almighty thud and Larissacjumped. Samael held her close and she gripped onto him tightly, crying silently into his chest and trembling with the fear of what she knew was about to happen. He’d always said if his brethren ever caught up with him he wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of stabbing him. He would leave on his own, and she knew that when she let go, it would be for the very last time.

He knew they’d come for him, knew there was no escaping his fate. They both did.

Samael held her arms, pushing her away a little so that he could look into her eyes. His pale irises were softly glowing, reminding her of when she’d first seen them on their first night together. “I love you too, Larissa. I always will.”

He placed one hand on her stomach and gently stroked it. “Take care of our child.”

She couldn’t speak, just nodded as tears streamed down her face and she took his hands in hers.

The heavy footsteps indicated the angels were closing in on them. Samael held Larissa’s gaze for one last moment before he rose, bringing her with him and tucking her under his armThey stood facing the warriors who were now pacing towards them showingvgraceful strength. One walked in front of all the others, his wavy, blond hair slicked back from his face. His stare was unwavering as he stood before Samael. “My brother. It is time.”

There was no malice in the warrior’s voice. In fact, Larissa was sure she saw sorrow in the Angel’s eyes.

“Raziel. You know I won’t allow you or anyone else to take me.” She feltvhim tighten his hold on her.

“I know Samael. We are just here to see that it’s done. I’m so sorry this hasvhappened, my good friend.” Raziel slid his gaze to Larissa for a second thenvback to her angel again.

Samael looked at her; his eyes glistened with what looked like unshed tears.

They were glowing brighter now , let me Start by saying a big thank you to the author of this story with is amazing piece of work but the ending of this story is something unheard of if there is some amendment you have to do please do

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by paqman: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
Try and make your finishing professional

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Getting A Life- Safarigirl / All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.