Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

A Short Play- (the Hunted Hunter) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Short Play- (the Hunted Hunter) (1131 Views)

Pls Guys I Need A Short Play For Primary School Pupils / The Hunted Hunter / Awaken: Divine Hunter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Play- (the Hunted Hunter) by Bassey007(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2021
Scene 1

In the wee hour of the night, Odili is seen using his hand to roughly pave way for himself, Odili panting and gasping for breath

ODILI: (panting) The only way I can successfully deliver this mission is to summon the spirit of (Akadim) to be my wings. (Suddenly enters a group of warriors who sorround Odili, and held him captive)

Scene 2.

The scene opens where Odili is brought to the one eye-god. The palace is adorn with remnants of skull, some being that of wild animals and that of human beings. He instructed the warriors to bring Odili closer

ONE-EYE GODsadbreathing in/out smoke) You are the chosen one, but you will never make it out of this forest alive. (He uses his disfigured finger to prick Odili in the head. He weirdly smells Odili, and spat out saliva. He furiously, commands his bodyguard to take Odili to the wooden cage on the tree.

ODILI: (sweating profusely) Let me go, or you will feel the wrath of Ochanya. ( The warriors throws a hook which caught Odili in his collar bone, he is been roughly dragged into the wooden cage with blood boozing all over his body. They Exeunt

Scene 3

The KING and his cabinet are seen. The atmosphere in this scene is a mixture of sadness and tension.

KING: (tense) It is said that "When a lizard stays in the bush too long, it will change to an alligator...(he paused and stirs blankly into space...(clears throat) our ancestors have decided to give us a deaf ears...a stranger which we welcomed as turn around to betray us and defile our land.....( He sinks back to his throne worried)....

ELDER 1: our people are always known for their kindness and largess...(cut in)

ELDER 2: And this our kindness? What good has it brought to our people?.... nothing but calamities and chaos... other neighbouring communities see us as soft and weak...(cut in)

ELDER 3: Soft and weak you say? (facing ELDER 2) They say excreta does not have bones in it, but if someone steps on it he/she will surely jump....I will put it to you that "we are not weak and soft"......

ELDER 2: (bowing to the Igwe) our King may you live long, and grow with wisdom and understanding.... Igwe when the rhythm of the drum changes the dance steps also changes. I think we should take this matter at hand not lying down.

KING: I agree with your submission but, what is an hunter without his guns and bows?...I have sent some groups of warriors to go to the hills of light...(ELDERS shocked)....I know that some of us here will be against that...but since the father of the house has refuses to protect his own, one must look elsewhere for protection.

ELDER 4: May you live long... The decision is not a bad one...but the implications attached is what we are afraid of...We all know that the gods of light in the hills are neutral gods...they will give you free and infused hidden charges to it....

ELDER 2: Is better to take a step rather than not taking it...we must consult the gods of light on the hills as the king said in order to avert the looming calamities that is about to befall this land.

KING: We should all know that we are responsible for our actions and outcome...(he calls his Sacred priest and the priest gives each ELDERS a dagger to bite. They all took the Oath. (Exeunts)

To be Continue....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Orikinla Please Get In Touch With Me On Pojieson@hotmail.com Need Your Help / Introducing Book Republic / A Must Read For All Ladies - Very Important!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.