Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities (16748 Views)

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme 2019/2020 For Study In UK Universities.. / Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2018/19 For Students From Developing Countries / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by MrsAnyanwu(f): 11:39am On Mar 11, 2018
Pls my niece has a 2.2 but currently doing her Pgd, can she apply? Pls honest answers and pls what international university can one do masters in biochemistry with a cgp of 2.98,that doesn't require application fee or toefl/ielts... Thank you my children, God bless you...
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Robisky001(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
DMainMan:
Nigerians are eligible to apply. Note that unlike the general commonwealth scholarship (https://www.nairaland.com/4228475/apply-2018-msc-phd-commonwealth) which requires institution and agency authority and endorsement like the Nigeria Federal Scholarship Board, in this, you apply directly to the universities. The university will select you for the scholarship if you are successful. Also, this is for only Masters program.

Can HND holders apply as well?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by DMainMan: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
Patology:
Pls Dmainman does dat means I have to fill d EAS THRICE since i have d intention of applying to 3 different universities. Pls looking forward to your warn response. God bless you for d good work u been doing hereafter.
No. In that your same account u used. When applying for another university, click create new application there.

Don't open another account.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
petlaz:

Thank you very much DMainMan.

Please, I would like to know if I will print out the completed Commonwealth Shared Scholarship application form and post it to the nominating agency (ie the university)?

Thank you for your response.

Please DMainMan answer my question.

God bless you for your kindness.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by ElJay162: 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
Will my referees have to respond to each of my multiple applications?

Cos I used the same referees for the two applications I made.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Emaimo: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
These UK universities for commonwealth shared scholarship just d dash me admission anyhow. Scholarship to be determined by May ending. Nawa oooo
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by wallmosh: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
ElJay162:
Will my referees have to respond to each of my multiple applications?

Cos I used the same referees for the two applications I made.

Yes. They have to respond to separate applications
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by leyeg: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
Good Evening FAM...

I would like to make enquires...

I applied for the above scholarship and I have been offered an unconditional admission at University of Leed. The offer letter that was sent to me contains information like amount of tuition fee, course information, visa requirement etc. Questions
1 What is the next procedure after this?
2. Do I need to notify the school that I am awaiting CS scholarship?
3. Do I need to upload the admission letter on my CSS portal?

Lastly, I found the below information on my portal:

"The deadline for submission of this form to your Nominating Agency (University of Leeds) is 23 March 2018.
You therefore have only 3 days remaining to complete the application and submit it to the Nominating Agency"

Pls, how can I go about doing this..

Thanks as I anticipate a solid response.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Ultimus: 6:11am On Mar 21, 2018
Leyeg...
Naturally your next line of action is to go and look for your tuition and other fees for travelling cheesy . Since you've applied for CS, you don't need to do that for now. Just ensure you've filled in your details and essays on the EAS applicants portal before 23rd. Also encourage your referees to submit their references as well. CS will notify your school of your application, which is why during application, they ask for ID number given to you by the school in your admission offer details. You won't need to upload your admission letter but have ready your degree certificate, transcripts and first page of your passport for upload.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by oophemi: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2018
But seriously, are we allowed to applied for more than one school/course?
Won't we be disqualified for applying to more than one school/course?
Please help reply.
Thanks.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2018
oophemi:
But seriously, are we allowed to applied for more than one school/course?
Won't we be disqualified for applying to more than one school/course?
Please help reply.
Thanks.
You can apply for more than one universities or more than one course.

But you can only accept one scholarship offer.

I applied for four universities and five courses.

Good luck.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by oophemi: 11:39am On Mar 21, 2018
petlaz:

You can apply for more than one universities or more than one course.

But you can only accept one scholarship offer.

I applied for four universities and five courses.

Good luck.

Alright. Thank you for your swift response. God bless you.

Also please I don't know if you have any idea on the other Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK whose interview was already conducted last week in Abuja. If you do, please help answer this:

Hello,
Please help look into this question and answer appropriately.

During the interview, I submitted admission letter of a particular school that gave me admission.
Now I have another school who just gave me admission which I preferred over the first school I used/submitted during the interview. Please, can I change the school later to the new one when I become successful and have won the award?
Will they allow me?
Won't I loose the award cos of an attempt to wanna change school?
Please reply.
Thank you.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2018
oophemi:

Alright. Thank you for your swift response. God bless you.

Also please I don't know if you have any idea on the other Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK whose interview was already conducted last week in Abuja. If you do, please help answer this:

Hello,
Please help look into this question and answer appropriately.

During the interview, I submitted admission letter of a particular school that gave me admission.
Now I have another school who just gave me admission which I preferred over the first school I used/submitted during the interview. Please, can I change the school later to the new one when I become successful and have won the award?
Will they allow me?
Won't I loose the award cos of an attempt to wanna change school?
Please reply.
Thank you.

I don't have any idea of other Commonwealth scholarship.

I think you should not change it. Make use of the one you submitted.

Thank you.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by leyeg: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ultimus:
Leyeg...
Naturally your next line of action is to go and look for your tuition and other fees for travelling cheesy . Since you've applied for CS, you don't need to do that for now. Just ensure you've filled in your details and essays on the EAS applicants portal before 23rd. Also encourage your referees to submit their references as well. CS will notify your school of your application, which is why during application, they ask for ID number given to you by the school in your admission offer details. You won't need to upload your admission letter but have ready your degree certificate, transcripts and first page of your passport for upload.

Thanks for the reply...very explanatory
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
MrsAnyanwu:
Pls my niece has a 2.2 but currently doing her Pgd, can she apply? Pls honest answers and pls what international university can one do masters in biochemistry with a cgp of 2.98,that doesn't require application fee or toefl/ielts... Thank you my children, God bless you...
With 2.2, you can do MSc directly in most university in UK and Nigeria.

For UK, try university of Salford, University of Central Lancashire, Conventry University, University of Sunderland and many more e.t.c They even accept WAEC as proof of English and 2.2
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Fredozki(m): 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Pls fam, must my referees submit their references before the nominating agency's (the university) deadline on the EAS. thanks for your responses.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by abumeinben(m): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2018
DMainMan:
Nigerians are eligible to apply. Note that unlike the general commonwealth scholarship (https://www.nairaland.com/4228475/apply-2018-msc-phd-commonwealth) which requires institution and agency authority and endorsement like the Nigeria Federal Scholarship Board, in this, you apply directly to the universities. The university will select you for the scholarship if you are successful. Also, this is for only Masters program.

Morning boss,

Please how do I pay for IELTS exam in the bank? I'm in Osogbo.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by johnime: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2018
check my signature for my mail. pm is not working
abumeinben:

Morning boss,

Please how do I pay for IELTS exam in the bank? I'm in Osogbo.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by abumeinben(m): 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
johnime:
check my signature for my mail. pm is not working

Can you share here?
I have little "cannot sign in" issue with my mail.

1 Like

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by oophemi: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Please wait a minute o.
When filling the csc for this shared scholarship,

What I'm I supposed to choose at this point? Yes or No.

Remember, if you choose YES, other option like IELTS, TOEFL pops up

a. Language proficiency (See Note 7)

mandatory
Is English your first language?
Yes No
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Emaimo:
These UK universities for commonwealth shared scholarship just d dash me admission anyhow. Scholarship to be determined by May ending. Nawa oooo
The universities you applied are they giving you unconditional offer or conditional offer?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Emaimo: 6:40am On Mar 26, 2018
petlaz:

The universities you applied are they giving you unconditional offer or conditional offer?

Unconditional
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Emaimo:

Unconditional
Very good.

How many universities do you apply for?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Emaimo: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2018
petlaz:

Very good.

How many universities do you apply for?

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by omoISEYIN(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
keep this room alive. I applied for for two scholarships. Hopefully i clinched one of it.
Has anyone been awarded this shared scholarship before? i have some questions for him/her.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by POZEHANANI(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2018
Dmain man can you help with sample essays that got the Commonwealth shared scholarship?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by oophemi: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
Heriot Watt University and Glasgow Caledonian University.

Please, has anyone applied to any or both of these two schools?
They don't seem to give student application number after registration that can be used in the commonwealth scholarship.
Or I'm I the one missing it. Maybe I'm the one that does not get/see where its written.
Please help me if can.
Abeg.
Biko.
Please some should help reply me fast as their application will close soon

Please reply NOW.
Thanks.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
oophemi:
Heriot Watt University and Glasgow Caledonian University.

Please, has anyone applied to any or both of these two schools?
They don't seem to give student application number after registration that can be used in the commonwealth scholarship.
Or I'm I the one missing it. Maybe I'm the one that does not get/see where its written.
Please help me if can.
Abeg.
Biko.
Please some should help reply me fast as their application will close soon

Please reply NOW.
Thanks.

I applied to Heriot-Watt University and I given a conditional offer. Download your completed application form and you will see your application number written at the topmost right hand corner of the form.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
seunlegend:

I applied to Heriot-Watt University and I given a conditional offer. Download your completed application form and you will see your application number written at the topmost right hand corner of the form.
Commonwealth scholarship commission only accept unconditional offer.

I don't know why heriot-watt university is giving out conditional offer.

Which course did you apply at heriot-watt university?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
petlaz:
Renewable Energy Engineering
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2018
petlaz:

My referees are yet to submit their reference letters and I do not have international passport yet
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by petlaz: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
seunlegend:

Renewable Energy Engineering
Mine is renewable energy engineering too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ipNX 2018 Massive Recruitment (27 Positions) / Akwa Ibom Bars N-power Beneficiaries From Teacher’s Recruitment / How I Joined Tipper Bed To Go For An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.