Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,216 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435427 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2018
phoenixchap:
I am concerned for Olivia and Rex, this evil seem to call for them the most.....
Souloho19 let nothing happen to his family oo

Let me not make promises I can't keep o...tnx bro

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 11:21am On Apr 05, 2018
IRALIFE:
Has Souloho19 been restored? We can't view the last update. Mods please, your attention is needed here. Another great story here Bro

yea I'm back....the previous update has been restored. thanks for.following

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2018
ILLICITblood:
souloho.. your sabiness overchoke
You are the Messi of Literature section
More ink to your pen sir
thanks for your kind words boss!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
•°•°•°•°•

The drive to the hospital seemed shorter than when we had gone previously. It wasn't till we were almost at the hospital that Andy jerked suddenly
"What is it?" I asked immediately
"The car..your car its still at the back where we parked it!"
I couldn't believe it. How could I forget my car? Even if I wasn't the one who had drove..how could I be soo absentminded? But that was the problem I wasn't absent minded but very conscious. Suffice to say my mind had been thoroughly engaged with the unfolding events.

"Nothing we can do now...we'd come back for it later" Bami said "its parked in a good place and I don't expect anybody to walk past the land"

Andy said "if Fomé is alive then it means she's been watching over Rex in silence and when the shadow emerged with the threat, she killed him to protect you"
We were all silent for the rest of the drive to the hospital. What Andy said kept replaying in my head and I have to say I found that option less scary than the other possibilities.

But a little voice from within reminded me from nowhere; hell hath no fury like a scorned woman!

°•

I directed Bami to the second car park just before the diagnostic building. Tonye held the cooler like it contained jellof rice and we filed into the building.

Andy led the way since it was just the both of us that knew the doctor's office/lab. He was followed by Tonye and Bami while I brought up the rear.

I saw the same fat woman nurse from earlier and she just observed us with no expression as we passed her desk. Andy and Bami had their badges clipped to their belt, Tonye had a chain and wore her's like a pendant. I was the only black sheep.

My phone rang as I was about to enter the diagnostic lab and I hung back and silenced it immediately.
I didn't recognize the number.
"Hello?"
"Morning boss" It was my assistant.
"Jimoh....how you doing, what's it?"
"Sir, I have a call on hold for you from one Terry..he says he's from crime sce-"
"Put him through immediately" I interrupted him hardly believing my luck.

Seconds later the vibrant voice of the young technician came on the line. For a fleeting second I wondered if Jimoh was listening.
Terry went straight to the point.
"Our unbelievable luck continues to hold, I found another piece of hair I bagged in the hotel and this one is real...we only just need DNA from the owner of the print to clear the air once and for all."
"Wonderful...where would you be say in the next one hour I'd get everything you need for the test"

There was a short silence then he said "I thought you said the person was...." His voice trailed off then he said in understanding "ooooooh...you sure work fast, the blue here are still running around with their dick in hand" ('blue' was an informal term for police)

"Where would you be?" I asked again
"I'd be at headquarters...that's were my lab is..once you're there call me and I'd come get you myself"
I was satisfied with this and glanced at my watch "alright...wait wait...lemme have your number"
He recounted the eleven digits and I typed it in my phone by selecting the loud speaker option so I could still hear him.
When he was done he asked "did you get the picture I sent?"
I had even forgotten about that also. I wondered if I should be alarmed about my recent leaking memory but decided it was not 'leaking' probably just over engaged.
"I'd check it myself now with my phone" I said
"Okay"
"Heey Terry" I hesitated "Good job man, good job"
He replied "you too"

The line went off and I heard the dial tone which meant the both of us had been alone on the line. Although I wasn't fooled it was possible Jimoh hung up when he noticed the discussion was winding down.
Or it was also possible he had hung up once he routed the call a part of me reasoned and I wondered about the innate suspicion I had of everybody which had gotten more pronounced the last few days. Well it was needed for survival but Jimoh had been loyal and hardworking so far.

I entered the lab after the call(I had hung back in the corridor to receive the call)

Bami and Andy were at one end of the lab observing the explicit well labelled diagram of the human anatomy.
Tonye was on the second and last stool in the lab beside the same assistant we had seen earlier. They were talking and as I approached them I heard the student doctor say "...wouldn't take long, in fact anytime from now"
Tonye glanced up as I approached "the doctor stepped out not long ago, he took a series of test results over to the main hospital. But Christie here says he'd soon be back"
I nodded politely at the young woman and shrugged at Tonye. No problem we would wait. Not like we had another choice. But then it occurred to me I had another choice. Terry was waiting for me at the metro station.

Tonye seemed to have taken an obvious liking to the doctor's student and now she was saying "you know I studied microbiology back then and whenever we were told..."
I interrupted her with a cough. Which was part warning and part to grab her attention. The former was because it was against the unspoken code of safety to give out personal details of yourself no matter how innocent the person on the receiving end looked/was. She glanced at me guiltily getting the drift immediately then I said "I need the other one for the plan B...the guy is waiting for me like this"

I could tell from her expression that I had confused the nosy Christie who hung on to every word.

"Let's go to the car then...what of this your doctor friend..Rilwan?" Tonye asked as she stood up and lifted the cooler she had wedged under the stool.
"No you guys would stay and carry on with it..I'm sure he'd be here any moment..he was expecting us after all" I said.

Bami and Andy blocked us at the door.
"Are you going now?" Andy asked.
"Yes...please make sure doctor Rash-...Rilwan does the test immediately... It shouldn't waste time before the result is out"
"I'm coming with you..I'd drive so that when we're coming you'd pick up your car and we'd come and pick up Andy and Tonye...by then this result should be ready also"
"Okay...makes sense..see you in an hour" I said to Andy
And so Bami, Tonye and I left the building to the car park.

Inside the safety of the hilux or should I say around the hilux because we stood to the side and opened the doors for cover while Bami and I covered the other end leaving Tonye in our middle.
She wore the thick leather gloves she retrieved from the truck and opened the cooler. The ice emitted a cold smokey mist and the cold hiss of condensation as air entered the cooler.
There were two ziplock bags and she studied one critically before putting it back in the cooler and giving me the second one without looking at it. I couldn't help but feel Tonye was as cold as the ice.

She held the bag out but my hands didn't move. I could see there was a smaller transparent bag inside which housed the body parts I refused to look at. The bigger bag (also trasparent) was filled with ice which no doubt would be turning to cold water very soon.

"Rex" Tonye called out
Finally my hands obeyed the order from the pineal gland and I took the bag from her.
"You need a thick bag or nylon that is not transparent... Badge or no badge if people should see what you carry..you'll surely be lynched" she said.

And I thought grimly; the ridiculous article by that clueless journalist which branded me as a ritualist will then be justified.

"There's a bag in the truck" Bami said. He made to climb into the driver seat but I stopped him.
"Let me drive..I need it right now" I said pleadingly. He understood immediately, understood I wanted my mind to only be engaged in overtaking, keeping the right lane and every other thing related to driving. He probably understood because that's what he had been doing all morning...he had been behind the wheel all through.
Well he'd had enough, I needed the therapy right now.

And so I got behind the wheel and fired up the engine while Bami climbed in beside me and Tonye stepped back.
"Keep an eye on that girl in there...we all know what curiosity did to the cat" I said and reversed out of the park. In minutes we were on the high way speeding towards the metro police station.

°•°•°•°•

?? ??

She was extremely pissed off when she finally got to the park. An hour plus had gone by since she stormed out of the room. Now it would all be worth it...still she was pissed.

She wore a white polo shirt with a popular ice cream logo and she wore a armless pullover like an apron. Splashed with the name of the ice cream across the chest and the same dark blue colour as the logo. To crown it off she had a cap with the two edges turned up like the ears of a dog. The kind of cap the yorubas called 'eti aja'
But it was dark blue in colour and also splashed with the logo of the ice cream. She was proud of the logo, she had designed it herself and it was the spitting image of the original.

The most peculiar thing however was the body weight gain. In just an hour she had transformed to a fat and puffy woman with an enormous bust, stomach and behind. The secret behind this outlook was an armour made of wax and shaped like the body of a fat woman which she wore like a singlet. It was almost her body weight and she swayed a little from the weight but she was used to it she had made it herself also.

It stopped just above her knees however and a really awkward picture she would have made to have her fat and fleshy torso balanced on skinny legs which the gown couldn't hide. However she was saved by the cover of the ice cream cart she pushed ahead of her. It was also painted the dark blue and had the logo splashed on every side. The cart provided shade from the sun which was out now but not yet in its full force, from the umbrella attached to it.

From the cart came the tune that was almost like a child's lullaby except it had the exact opposite effect of a lullaby, bringing children awake with the longing and yearning for the cold delicious ice cream.

She was currently attending to a middle aged man and his little boy who was balanced on his shoulder.
She scooped a healthy portion of the ice cream onto the cone and handed it to the man without a word.
He gave it to the little boy and for a fleeting second she was glad she had scooped from the section free of the sedatives. Then her countenance as well as her heart hardened as she stared the man in the eye "that'd be hundred naira"
When both father and son were gone, she walked round the park leisurely her eyes darting as if looking for customers but she knew what she was looking for.

°•°•°•°•

Andy

After Bami and Tonye left with Rex, Andy found himself studying the doctor in training. She felt his scrutiny and glanced up "why don't you sit down" she pointed to the stool Tonye had vacated. She didn't seem to be so busy this time around and she rested her chin on her palm and leaned in as Andy settled down gratefully. His legs were killing him!

"What was all that flurry of activity with your friends?" She asked playfully
"Ooh..that's nothing, if you want to see activity you should stick around" he evaded the question smoothly and winked and was pleased when she laughed.
She was definitely pretty and he was definitely interested..
"So really what part of medicine is your speciality" he asked
She looked at him from low eyelashes innocently yet she had a knowing smile on her lips as if knowing the effect she had on him.
"My dad died when I was thirteen...just a routine appendix surgery yet it took his life..ever since then I've had the yearning to be a surgeon" she laughed a bit embarrassed "but right now I'm just focused on getting to be a doctor first"

Andy found himself clasping her hand on the table "your father would be proud of you" he said softly.

She nodded then stared into his eyes. "What about you...what do you do, tell me about yourself" she asked eagerly and for a second Andy wondered if she really hadn't seen the badge on his belt. He gave a mental shrug, it wasn't like they were undercover....

"I'm a detective" he told her proudly and she seemed really impressed

"No way" the nurse named Christie said with huge eyes. She placed her free hand on Andy's "what kind of detective?"

Andy thought: what the hell, he wasn't going to tell her any classified stuff so what was the harm in talking with her?
"I'm a private detective.. me and my friends...we're one of the best"

"Wow.." She seemed really impressed and Andy wanted to impress her more but they heard footsteps and Tonye entered the cooler still in her hand.

"Rex is gone?" Andy said, sitting up immediately and retrieving his hands.
"Yea..him and Bami...Christie how long do we have to wait for the doctor..can't you call him?"
"He doesn't receive any call when he goes to the hospital..he's always in meetings with surgeons ad doctors...it is considered a great disrespect if your phone so much as rings" the medical student replied. She flipped the pages of her notepad then settled on a page around the back. She wrote something on it. "But he should be here any moment...I'm sure something held him up"
But Tonye was hardly listening. She said to Andy "you're not even a gentleman, you can't offer me the chair to sit"
"Andy only smiled but didn't give up the stool. Instead he turned to his new friend " that reminds me..what's up with having just two stools in this big lab?"
She laughed as she tore a page from her notepad and began to fold it carefully. "Dr Rilwan said he wanted to discourage anybody from staying here longer than necessary." She stood up and brushed against Andy just slightly dropping the paper in his lap. "You can have this stool..I know where to get another" she said to Tonye then left the lab.

Tonye watched her leave "she's such a nice girl...." Then she frowned "remember its the nice ones you have to be wary of" she said thoughtfully.

"Relax...I've been profiling her, she's clean" Andy said. He glanced at the paper he had carefully unfolded and it took a great deal of self control to keep his expression normal and his face impassive when the excitement was drumming in his ears. Written nicely on the paper were numbers, eleven digits in total followed by the words: 'call me'

13 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ayoshewa12(f): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
Chai! Dat Christie might be Mona, thanks for the update sir Souloho.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
I just hope Andy doesn't get carried away by this beautiful Christie girl... From the look of things, it seems like the mysterious lady is just out to protect Rex and his family...A red marker indicates elimination but in this case it's a blue marker, it could mean protection... My humble opinion...
Bravo Souloho..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ayoshewa12:
Chai! Dat Christie might be Mona, thanks for the update sir Souloho.

I don't think so, if it were to be Rex or Bami would or should have spotted a ink..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Oga Souloho19 has started again, weaving webs round and round and round the story to create suspense at its peak. I won't say my mind until I guess where the web will end.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mRaRcH(m): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2018
Been a ghost reader all ds while bt it wud be grossly wicked of me nt 2 commend de writer for ds breathtaking n suspense filled literary work...
Sir,, I pray for more wisdom n insight on U as U continue 2 bless our ever hungry minds with Ur wonderful piece....
Grazie...
Thanks....
Nagode.....
Imela.........
Ekuse Sir....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ayoshewa12(f): 6:57am On Apr 06, 2018
phoenixchap:

I don't think so, if it were to be Rex or Bami would or should have spotted a ink..
hmmm,well same goes to Fome, who would have guessed she might turn up be robust and busty with heavy bum. Mona might be using skin mask. cool

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2018
Souloho19, how far brother?

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
I hope the ice cream seller isn't going for Ella?

5 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by olaayinkha(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
No Writer Does It Better...
Logical Suspense Writing.
Always Souloho

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hun hun

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Agp19(m): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
Bros as I dey scroll dey go I see the name many....I was like my name cannot be here jst then I saw it....and am sure my comments were few ...thanks a bunch man !!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2018
My people, something happened yesterday im still very much in shock about. I enterwd the wrong vehicle on my way to see granma and i was robbed along the way. Everyne who heard the story keeps saying i should be thankful for my life and safety. What is my phone compared to my life? The hurtful thing is not my sim card, not even my contacts but the precious documents inxluding about two othee stories ive been writing at my pace and this same hole in the wall whixh is about three updates ahead...
So with a heavy heart i urge yall to unfollow this story as i dont evwn know when i can come online again...
One thing ia sure, only rapture can keep me frim completing a story i start but i dont know when as i am phoneless and inspirationless ryt now... cry cry
Thanks as always fam

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by chisiudeh: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2018
Baba , sorry for the unfortunate and unpleasant experience. What a country we live in. You're not a quitter. Darkness is just for the night. The sun will soon shine again.

Hold On.

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2018
This is sad development oo.

All things been equal we will bounce back and better, it is well with ya bro.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HORLADSTAR(m): 9:22am On Apr 07, 2018
Bad Days!!! …Have you ever experienced a bad day? WE sure have! And what we learn from them are … There is always light, even in the darkest of times. We all have our hard times and we may suffer and feel pain but at the end- it turns out exactly the way it should. Some great ppl of our time ve experienced a lot of pain in their life physically, mentally and emotionally. They have had times where they thought they could not pull through, even times where they did give up. They struggled in ways to where they look back and wonder how did they ever pull through such times? But they sure did… and with their complete past being what it is (dark, cold, negative and gloomy); they are proud of the accomplishments they have completed from being more accepting, open, patient, positive and confident. They learned how to forgive themself from all of the choices they made that they thought they could never live with.
It is possible to overcome the ‘impossible!’ Yet, I believe it is all a life-long process of learning due to the ongoing experiences we encounter.THERE IS ALWAYS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
Bro am with u on this.;(;(;(

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by honourable356(m): 10:17am On Apr 07, 2018
souloho19:
My people, something happened yesterday im still very much in shock about. I enterwd the wrong vehicle on my way to see granma and i was robbed along the way. Everyne who heard the story keeps saying i should be thankful for my life and safety. What is my phone compared to my life? The hurtful thing is not my sim card, not even my contacts but the precious documents inxluding about two othee stories ive been writing at my pace and this same hole in the wall whixh is about three updates ahead...
So with a heavy heart i urge yall to unfollow this story as i dont evwn know when i can come online again...
One thing ia sure, only rapture can keep me frim completing a story i start but i dont know when as i am phoneless and inspirationless ryt now... cry cry
Thanks as always fam
Indeed thank God for your life.
it is unfortunate...
But.. be strong..
you will rise again!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2018
souloho19:
Thanks as always fam
Bad things keep happening to good people... it's such a pity... Sorry bro, but I refuse to unfollow this story, I will keep refreshing this thread till the day God will bless you...Thank God for your life..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by meneski(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
Which kind rubbish nonsense be this? My man nothing do you! U pass them... No lele,me i de thank oluwa for ur life oh...my guy just watch and see how u go bounce back...until u get another fone,i still dey here...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
This is sad but I'm never going to unfollow this story. Hopefully, an helper will come and something great will inspire you. Sorry man!

5 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by vickyluvspices(f): 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
[quote author=souloho19 post=66279105]honourable356 rayvelez Damibiz Ayoshewa12 HORLADSTAR vickyluvspices labelle123 dimssy chii8 Twizzy30 phoenixchap
Gracias my people this next update is dedicated to you

°• tanks 4 d dedication...following dis block buster novel 2 d end @souloho19
hmm @ BROTA

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by vickyluvspices(f): 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
lonesome501:
well well well!! na ur melodious voice wey bring me back 4rm d self exile i impose on maiself..hw ur week be??
sorry been off line for a short while...where do i start naw...happy easter.. happy new month all in arrears
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Whyke141: 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
Science says an average man thinks about 9,000 stuffs withing an hour.

What are the thoughts finding home withing the chambers of your head? What are the stuffs making your heart agitated?

This poet writes about his... Deeply rooted with words and dripping of encapsulated meanings. Definitely there are heavy thoughts residing in the head of this beautiful poet with this beautiful piece.

Enjoy Poem Here���
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/04/there-are-thoughts-plying-my-head.html
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sorry dude, may God protect us from harm. I am still ur fan anytime, jus try and get urself to shape.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Agp19(m): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
that's a hard one bro ...iyanu ma sele !!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by joshnes(m): 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
so sorry man, bleak days behind, better days ahead

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by heemah(f): 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
Oh! Sorry for the loss, but at the same time, thank God for your life...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by lonesome501(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
vickyluvspices:
sorry been off line for a short while...where do i start naw...happy easter.. happy new month all in arrears
happy happy happy!! i ve been looking 4ward 2 hearing 4rm u,,,ar u nt on any oda social netwrk
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Joislim(f): 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
This is sad.
You'll surely bounce back

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.