Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (537 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / The Hole In The Wall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna by hotest9ja(f): 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
"What happened to my mother?" I asked

" I want to know what she did" I said holding her hands, i was crying.

"It's okay, I will tell you" she said wiping off my tears with the edge of her blouse

"… but I won't be the only one to do so, there's someone else who knows it better than I do".

A young girl is bent on finding the truth about her mother, the reason why her guardian won't let her have what she wants.

THE WALL BETWEEN tells the story of Hiqmat. Her mother died few hours after her birth , she won't get what she wants because her mother made a mistake.

EPISODE 1

It rained heavily in the morning, the potholes on the road had water in them which formed a dirty pond. I walked careful around them, trying to avoid the mud from touching my feet which was almost impossible.

I walked through the dwarf gate into a small bungalow. It was the oldest in the neighborhood, painted with caramel, hibiscus flowers were planted around the house and little flower pots with no flowers in them hanged on the wall.

"Granny!... " I kept screaming as I walked into the sitting room, I had a white paper in my hand. I had just returned from the cafe where I had gone to check my results. WAEC had just released the results before then.

Granny who was in the kitchen came out holding a towel with both hand, " What again Hiqmat?" she asked with hands akimbo.

" I got 2As, 4Bs and 2Cs, I passed WAEC", I said in excitement, I was really excited. I studied hard for my exams by waking up at nights.

"Wow! Congratulations my daughter, your late night studies weren't in vain, and that is a good news", she said while returning to the kitchen.

I felt impressed myself, "I'm going to the University, I want to be an architect....", I said and paused trying to figure out If Granny knows who an architect is "did you know there are few female architects in Nigeria?" I asked limping behind her, Granny gave me a long stare which meant "I am not impressed".

More[url]https://preview./yb7j9q2d
[/url]

#TheWallBetween #Anticipate #Shukrwrites #Ashortstory

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Down, Social Media Site/app Crashes / Twenty Minutes Left To Live. / Content Writers For A Blog Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.