Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue (1023 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
WHY I STOPPED PAYING TITHE

I know some people will come for my head after
posting this but i dont care. This is not to
compound the already heated issue on tithing
but to bear my mind on it.

Back then in the university after i became
serious with church, i was exposed to the
preaching on tithing as the source of financial
prosperity and security. So, i started paying my
tithe from my little monthly allowance of N3,000.
It got to a point that i felt the need to increase
it from 10% to 20% after listening to some top
preachers who claimed to pay more percentage
of their financial earnings. But despite paying
20% as my tithe i was still as poor as a church
rat. Infact, my school days has the most horrible
experiences of my life, i was so broke that even
garri was like gold to me. I noticed that my
finances wasn't increasing despite paying my
tithe.

But there was something else, i am very
passionate about helping the poor and whenever
i gave to those in need financially despite my
little resources, i always witnessed a surge in my
fianances. People just remembered me and
favoured me financially. So, instead of paying
tithe i started seeking for more opportunities to
give to those in need.

I will say that i didnt stopped paying tithe
because daddy freeze said so but but because i
couldnt continue applying a principle that wasnt
working for me. I am a realistic person so i
engage in things that there is profit. There are
people who have been blessed from tithing but i
have noticed that i get blessed when i assist the
poor. So my advice to everyone reading this is
that they should stop practising any principle
because someone told them to but because its
not working for them.

Thank you.

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by whitebeard(m): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2018
No one simply gives a fvck, it ur choice.
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by purem(m): 12:12am On Mar 04, 2018
Not paying your tithes doesn't depreciate your pastor however pastors will never be happy by the sound of the word "FREEZE"

Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by MrPRevailer(m): 3:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Whether you remain poor or not, Tithe is God's commandment. Those worldly people such as Freeze who have no spirit of God but use logic to dictate God's word and deceive people because he is popular. They will answer for it.

Tithe, Holy living are prerequisites to prosperity. Nevertheless don't turn your back on God or call him a liar, if what u are expecting don't come.
God said of the righteous 'and I will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There shall be no more death nor Sorrow for the former things are past away.'
From this scripture you can see that many Christians that enter heaven get there with tears. As a result of the challenges in life, yet they never gave in.
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by philpwresh(m): 3:55am On Mar 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:
Whether you remain poor or not, Tithe is God's commandment. Those worldly people such as Freeze who have no spirit of God but use logic to dictate God's word and deceive people because he is popular. They will answer for it.

Tithe, Holy living are prerequisites to prosperity. Nevertheless don't turn your back on God or call him a liar, if what u are expecting don't come.
God said of the righteous 'and I will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There shall be no more death nor Sorrow for the former things are past away.'
From this scripture you can see that many Christians that enter heaven get there with tears. As a result of the challenges in life, yet they never gave in.

Are you saying without tithe,a christian can't be prosperous
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by MrPRevailer(m): 4:04am On Mar 04, 2018
philpwresh:

Are you saying without tithe,a christian can't be prosperous

A Christian can be prosperous with or without tithe. But God will be charging that person as a thief and robber.
And thieves and robbers shall not enter the kingdom of God. (1 cor 6:9)
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:

A Christian can be prosperous with or without tithe. But God will be charging that person as a thief and robber.

Lalasticlala must hear this
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by pweetiedee(m): 10:44am On Mar 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:

What are you saying!!!
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
whitebeard:
No one simply gives a fvck, it ur choice.

I know, and it's your choice too to keep on engaging in what works for you.

Selah
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:

Christianity isn't about spirit, you need to use your sense too. How do you know if the spirit whispering to you is of God and not as a result of the doctrines you have taken into your mind.

Please don't suspend your brain because of religion.
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by allenbaker5(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
grin Nigerians don't pay tax to their government yet they feel comfortable paying a useless and outdated Israeli tax called tithe. Nice one OP, I'm sure if feels good to be free from the shackles of the pastorpreneurs.
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
It is ur choice do whatever pleases you
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:

Is that what God told you personally or what your Pastor told you?
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
profolaolu:
It is ur choice do whatever pleases you

Thank you and you too
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by paxonel(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
Giving to church or individuals is good, but tithing is not giving, it is fraudulent distortion
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Hiswordxray(m): 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
Tithe was never a New Testament thing, none of the apostles preach tithe, but today's pastors feels they are greater than the apostles. They feel that they understand Christianity more than the very people that sat and learnt from Jesus himself.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hiswordxray:
Tithe was never a New Testament thing, none of the apostles preach tithe, but today's pastors feels they are greater than the apostles. They feel that they understand Christianity more than the very people that sat and learnt from Jesus himself.

I feel Christians should give to church for its day to day running but not the way it's been preached.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Hiswordxray(m): 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
JohnspeakU:

I feel Christians should give to church for its day to day running but not the way it's been preached.
Yeah, but the expenses is just too much, it is making us lose focus on using our money to show love to our fellow brethren and the rest of the world.

Apart from daily running of the church, churches these days always have a lot of projects and the projects never ends. YOU will see them doing building project and all resources focused on the building but when the building is finally complete they will start another project. Maybe equipment projects, buy AC, buy customized chairs, buy church van etc. They always need money for one thing or the other, always demanding money, and all our financial resources are always focused on projects when the person sitting next to you have not eating in days. How are we showing the love, remember The bible says, God is love
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hiswordxray:

Yeah, but the expenses is just too much, it is making us lose focus on using our money to show love to our fellow brethren and the rest of the world.

Apart from daily running of the church, churches these days always have a lot of projects and the projects never ends. YOU will see them doing building project and all resources focused on the building but when the building is finally complete they will start another project. Maybe equipment projects, buy AC, buy customized chairs, buy church van etc. They always need money for one thing or the other, always demanding money, and all our financial resources are always focused on projects when the person sitting next to you have not eating in days. How are we showing the love, remember The bible says, God is love

Gbamest
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by MrPRevailer(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
JohnspeakU:

Is that what God told you personally or what your Pastor told you?

undecided
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by OkaiCorne(m): 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
Today's churches are beautifully crafted piece of structures filled up with broken souls...
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by OkaiCorne(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:

Are you practicing Judaism or Christianity?

The difference is in Acts 15...
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by phenom666(m): 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
I stop paying tithe long b4 daddy freeze starting broadcasting it out to d world. I just read my bible pages to pages and find out that tithing dead when Jesus end on the cross for our sin.

Give to those in need not to any pastor. On the last day people will know whatup. When Jesus said help those in need for eg the less privileges in d society, the least of my brother and sister.
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by phenom666(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hiswordxray:
Nice one. But guy give to those in need ooo cheerfully. Nigeria men of God n I too know.
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
phenom666:
I stop paying tithe long b4 daddy freeze starting broadcasting it out to d world. I just read my bible pages to pages and find out that tithing dead when Jesus end on the cross for our sin.

Give to those in need not to any pastor. On the last day people will know whatup. When Jesus said help those in need for eg the less privileges in d society, the least of my brother and sister.

Gbam
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun why do you guys have to say concerning this?

(1) (Reply)

Diwali: The Festival Of Lights | How Is Diwali Celebrated In India / God Gave Them Up To A Reprobate Mind - Losing The Soul Scentifically Possible / Christian Prince: This Video Made Millions Accept Islam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.