Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Tale Of The Hollow Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tale Of The Hollow Man (558 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Local Champion.... Tale Of A House Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tale Of The Hollow Man by Heindall: 1:53am On Mar 04, 2018
In the beginning the love was phenomenal at first sight and everyone who saw what they had was envious of them, them who? you ask. This is the story of a segun & bisola, at first she loved him from the moment he saw her and he did too but they didn't think it would lead anywhere, after sometime has passed the love waned, bisola wanted more than segun could provide so she sought the comforting arms of other men and warm their cold beds at night in search of that which was never lost. With tearful eyes segun called bisola out on her misdeeds but alas bisola's mind was made up and on that very night there and then that relationship which was the cause of envy to those whom knew them died and it took a chunk of segun with it.

Several months have passed just a few months shy of a year bisola was at a cross road, she had experienced all the wild adventures she had heard of and been to places she had only dreamt about but now something else was missing; she had money, friends, everything she'd wanted but it didn't fill up the vacuum she had within her. She was wiser now and knew that which her heart longed for, she had dreamt many nights while with strange men, she had called out his name in the moment of ecstasy on one of her wild nights out.

She had not called for months after ignoring his calls when he couldn't stop begging for her to forgive him and that he would die if she left him, she had paid a deaf ear to his plea and forgotten all about him for a while, little did she know that on that night she left segun a part of him had died with the relationship.

Months after the breakup segun had fallen into bad addiction of drinking, segun whose nickname in his street was given as "Pastor" was now a heavy drinker and a womanizer. There he was sitted at a beer parlour with several empty bottles on the table and the last bottle with alcohol on hand, he kept thinking of all his dreams which has been dashed, debts he owed, women who had fallen for him and which he equally broke their hearts.

Suddenly a figure rushed towards him and he opened his mouth in awe and in the moment the bottle in his hands fell and was all shattered for he seemed like he has seen a ghost, certainly he could have swore she wasn't real or maybe she was an effect by the previous beer he had taken. With teary eyes and bended knee bisola was crying and begging for forgiveness for the way she had ended the relationship, but he still didn't move for he was dazed and in the heat of the moment bisola hugged him, now he was sure she was real but he didn't feel the spark he once had for her, in fact he felt nothing for the part of him which had loved her down to her very essence was long gone and buried deep on the day she called it off, he had become a hollow man.

Thanks for reading guyz, i am not a writter but i needed to get this outta my chest for i had something similar happen to someone i know so thanks for your feedback if any,
Re: Tale Of The Hollow Man by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 04, 2018
Oga! it happened to you.

Talk true for once!
Re: Tale Of The Hollow Man by Heindall: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
TarOrfeek:
Oga! it happened to you.

Talk true for once!

I am here to find healing bro, nairaland might be full tribal bigots and nepotism but somewhere here there are humans too, would you be kind enough to offer few words of wisdom to the other stories i will be publishing later.

Much Thanks Muchacho
Re: Tale Of The Hollow Man by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Heindall:
In the beginning the love was phenomenal at first sight and everyone who saw what they had was envious of them, them who? you ask. This is the story of a segun & bisola, at first she loved him from the moment he saw her and he did too but they didn't think it would lead anywhere, after sometime has passed the love waned, bisola wanted more than segun could provide so she sought the comforting arms of other men and warm their cold beds at night in search of that which was never lost. With tearful eyes segun called bisola out on her misdeeds but alas bisola's mind was made up and on that very night there and then that relationship which was the cause of envy to those whom knew them died and it took a chunk of segun with it.

Several months have passed just a few months shy of a year bisola was at a cross road, she had experienced all the wild adventures she had heard of and been to places she had only dreamt about but now something else was missing; she had money, friends, everything she'd wanted but it didn't fill up the vacuum she had within her. She was wiser now and knew that which her heart longed for, she had dreamt many nights while with strange men, she had called out his name in the moment of ecstasy on one of her wild nights out.

She had not called for months after ignoring his calls when he couldn't stop begging for her to forgive him and that he would die if she left him, she had paid a deaf ear to his plea and forgotten all about him for a while, little did she know that on that night she left segun a part of him had died with the relationship.

Months after the breakup segun had fallen into bad addiction of drinking, segun whose nickname in his street was given as "Pastor" was now a heavy drinker and a womanizer. There he was sitted at a beer parlour with several empty bottles on the table and the last bottle with alcohol on hand, he kept thinking of all his dreams which has been dashed, debts he owed, women who had fallen for him and which he equally broke their hearts.

Suddenly a figure rushed towards him and he opened his mouth in awe and in the moment the bottle in his hands fell and was all shattered for he seemed like he has seen a ghost, certainly he could have swore she wasn't real or maybe she was an effect by the previous beer he had taken. With teary eyes and bended knee bisola was crying and begging for forgiveness for the way she had ended the relationship, but he still didn't move for he was dazed and in the heat of the moment bisola hugged him, now he was sure she was real but he didn't feel the spark he once had for her, in fact he felt nothing for the part of him which had loved her down to her very essence was long gone and buried deep on the day she called it off, he had become a hollow man.

Thanks for reading guyz, i am not a writter but i needed to get this outta my chest for i had something similar happen to someone i know so thanks for your feedback if any,

Such a beautiful story, in fact it reminds me of a movie called detachment you should watch it,
Re: Tale Of The Hollow Man by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
Heindall:

I am here to find healing bro, nairaland might be full tribal bigots and nepotism but somewhere here there are humans too, would you be kind enough to offer few words of wisdom to the other stories i will be publishing later.

Much Thanks Muchacho

In the detachment movie there was this quote that got me while talking to a lady

"
Henry Barthes: I realized something. I'm a non-person, Sarah. You shouldn't be here, I'm not here. You may see me, but I'm hollow."
"

(1) (Reply)

Amanda The Mother. A Touching Story / The Radio Waves Killer. / 5 Crazy Places You Should Be Having Outdoor Sex This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.