Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial (61419 Views)

Video Of A Curvy Lady Dancing In Church During Praise & Worship Goes Viral / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by bionixs: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2018
FarahAideed:
That's the end of Okorochas inlaw campaign ...Everything is going according to plans
chai, this Ugwumba has lost it oooooo! Ohakim issue comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Fourwinds: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Imo1stson:

APC is retaining Imo full time and no usu can cough.
heheheheheeeee ....keep deceiving yourself....

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2018
grin grin Better midget
ihitenansa:
the person that recorded this must be a dwarf, or crippled? just showing us ppls back and waist. he would have stood on a chair or beg a taller pasn to help.

meanwhile, rochas is finished in imo, for attacking an archbishop in the house of God.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by kingsmaila(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2018
People are so worldly that the forget they will be in the deceased shoes sooner or later. Instead of mourning and praying for the deceased they turned the burial gathering to a political campaign arena. May God open their eyes.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by bionixs: 11:03am On Mar 04, 2018
BoneBlogger:
There was pandemonium yesterday at St. Micheals Catholic Church, Ngwoma, Owerri North LGA of Imo State during the burial of Late Mrs Mbata, mother of the Pro-Chancellor of Imo State University, Owerri, Chief Alex Mbata.

According to multiple reports, the Leadership of Ugwumba Movement, a political structure campaigning for the 2019 Governorship ambition of Imo State Governor's Son-in-law, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu led by Mr Jeff Nwaoha, Chairman Imo State ENTRACO yesterday reportedly attacked a popular Catholic Archbishop, AJV Obinna during the church event.

Reports have it that the Archbishop AJV Obinna escaped the attack with the help of Catholic Priests, Knights of the Catholic Church and Christian fathers, who barricaded and shielded the Archbishop from being beating up, after rain of abuse and insults to the Archbishop by the alleged attacker.

The Chief mourner, Sir Alex Mbata, the Pro-Chancellor of Imo State University was shocked watching Imo State Chief of Staff, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu and the wife of the governor, Nneoma Nkechi Rochas Okorocha seating in church front row watching their supporters abuse the most revered Catholic Archbishop, desecrating both the alter of God and the dead body of his late mother without calling them to order, according to a report by IfeanyiCy Njoku.

According to IfeanyiCy Njoku, the problem allegedly started when the Catholic Archdiocese, during commendation service admonished people to go out and get their permanent Voters Card (PVC) and vote wisely in the 2019 general election. He complained about bad roads in the state insisting that despite the ministry of happiness Imolites cannot be happy with bad road. An APC chieftain reportedly took microphone from him to defend the government. A PDP follower also came and called for change from APC misrule.

It was at that point Jeff and his thugs rushed to the alter to take the microphone from the Archbishop who withdrew to his seat and priests and Christian fathers struggled to keep them out. Uche Nwosu and Nkechi Okorocha sat there watching the spectacle without stopping Jeff as Jeff pointed at Archbishop in the face and rained insults on him as the service went on.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/catholic-archbishop-ajv-obinna-attacked-during-church-service-in-imo.html

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8g9njyKwI
who is that rascal wearing FAKE isiagu with ripped jeans in front of the church
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by FarahAideed: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2018
kevoh:
So it's now an offence to tell people to go and get their pvc and talk about the sad state of things in a state?

There is nothing APC fears like telling people to go get PVC

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by OyinO: 11:05am On Mar 04, 2018
Religion and Politics
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nmasi88(f): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2018
Anything that comes out of okoraocha is an bad eggs, look at Nkechi that called her self Nneoma (mother) cannot STOP them and his so called STUIP in-law produce by bad eggs of his father in-law that is planing for governorship USULESS Uche Nwosu cannot STOP this hungry men or do u think this is a family business. No road for u and ur evil father in-law, mother in-law.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by ecton(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2018
With the population of the Catholic Church in the East, I must say the APC have messed with the wrong people. They go hear am.

OfficialAwol:
There's no further proof needed to prove that this man is mad.

Attacking a Catholic Archbishop is nadir of thuggery and stupidity.

This same mistake cost Ohakim the governorship, now he took it higher. Not a priest but an Archbishop.

Au revior Okorocha!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by OfficialAwol(m): 11:10am On Mar 04, 2018
ecton:
With the population of the Catholic Church in the East, I must say the APC have messed with the wrong people. They go hear am.

When things like this happen, that's when you find out you are not fighting just the Catholic Church but the entire Christian community.

It's a Catholic Archbishop today, it could be a general overseer tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Junior66(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2018
Imo1stson:

The village youths booed him and that was all. No physical altercations.
Are you alright? So, in your opinion, the fracas shown in the video is not physical altercation even with people pushing one another? who did this to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by nkwuocha: 11:18am On Mar 04, 2018
Udopasa:
I will never support the candidacy of Uche Nwosu. But, truth be told, there's nothing in the video that suggests the Arch bishop was being attacked or assaulted. If anybody wants to carry out a political propaganda, the person should take his/her time to plan plan and execute it other than insulting our sensibilities.

So forcefully taken a microphone from an archbishop in front of his congregation is not an assault?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Udopasa: 11:22am On Mar 04, 2018
nkwuocha:

So forcefully taken a microphone from an archbishop in front of his congregation is not an assault?
You have a video evidence?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by SUNDICOS(m): 11:23am On Mar 04, 2018
Without Jezebel, king Ahab wasn't counted among an evil kings , Okorocha should be very very careful about his upcoming Jezebel in his household and entire IMO State, before Jezebel's death will be better than how his wife own will be if she annoyed God.I no dey oo

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
Okorohausa has bring dirty politics the west play down to east.

Umu Igbo is time to deal with okoro okoro.
I do tell you to at least brush up yourself before posting.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by SoNature(m): 11:29am On Mar 04, 2018
nkwuocha:

At the bolded: that was what Patience Jonathan did to Amaechi in Okrika when he was governor...it made Amaechi want to cry.

From that day, he swore to oust Jonathan from power and damn the consequences...and he did!

Bottomline: don't snatch a microphone from a respected public figure in public while he's speaking. It's disrespectful.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by NnamdiEducamia(m): 11:30am On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
He should do fasting for him

So that what will happen?

Is that what the bible teaches concerning fasting?
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by nkwuocha: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2018
SoNature:

At the bolded: that was what Patience Jonathan did to Amaechi in Okrika when he was governor...it made Amaechi want to cry.

From that day, he swore to oust Jonathan from power and damn the consequences...and he did!

Bottomline: don't snatch a microphone from a respected public figure in public while he's speaking. It's disrespectful.

God bless you
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by nkwuocha: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2018
Udopasa:
You have a video evidence?
Do you have a video evidence to prove he didn't?
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by DIKEnaWAR: 11:33am On Mar 04, 2018
crazysaint:
Voting apc into power is the worst mistake we have ever done.

This nonsense can never repeat itself again. If any idiot under apc, has it in mind for re-election or contesting, he/she will run mad till election is over, before sanity returned!

Can you imagine those miscreants take their attacked to church.

God will definitely deal with them.

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM.

Okorocha and co are digging their grave!

What was your anointed doing burying the dead mother of a corrupt politician? How many poor people in the church has he attended their burial?

The clergy and the politicians have become one and same. Stoning them will soon be common place.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by mavinc4u(f): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2018
I love that song they played in the background as that would make them feel guilty.

Lord of mercy and compassion, look with pity upon on us.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by mavinc4u(f): 11:34am On Mar 04, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

What was your anointed doing burying the dead mother of a corrupt politician? How many poor people in the church has he attended their burial?

The clergy and the politicians have become one and same. Stoning them will soon be common place.

He probably went there to preach his mind out which he did.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by billyG(m): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2018
I think okorocha shld set up a commitee to look in2 d remote & immediate cause of d rowdiness in st.michael catholic church,i believe pple are not happy.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

The ‘dead mother of a corrupt politician’ may have been a devout catholic who has contributed a lot to the Church. Salvation is personal.

More importantly, you are commenting in a topic about how an Archbishop criticized a Governor to the face of the ‘anointed successor’ and yet you try to paint a picture of the Church being compromised. Either you lack comprehension skills or alcohol has addled your senses.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2018
shallysgirl:
yorubaland=caliphate slave camp
I read here yesterday that Fulani butchered a farmer on his farm in ebonyi, what have you done to it or are the ebonyans fake igbo?
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Jbruce: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2018
KenOne:
Nothing in the video showed any assault or abuse on the Rv father but trust people because of hate to Okorocha they have jumped into the band wagon of insult. My people reason to know when you are fed with lies. I am sure these gullible people will also believe any news that says thunder lightening strikes Okorocha dead even when he's right there in front of them.
this is exerctly the case, people are too gullible they just believe everything they see or read on the internet no matter how ridiculous it is. thank God I am too acute to discern the motives
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by colchesky: 11:52am On Mar 04, 2018
When a dog is about to die it no longer perceives the smell of excreta. The end of APC and Okoroawusa's cabal is near
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by madgoat(m): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
ihitenansa:
the person that recorded this must be a dwarf, or crippled? just showing us ppls back and waist. he would have stood on a chair or beg a taller pasn to help.

meanwhile, rochas is finished in imo, for attacking an archbishop in the house of God.

I wanted to insult you but decided to keep quiet.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by frobeinus: 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
thank God the end is near for that stupid and insane person of a governor, his families and all his gangster. he will fight the battle of his life and loss will b colossal
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=LZAA post=65546614][/quote]
Osu

Have you worshipped your God today?

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by donmeks123(m): 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
Attack on arsbishop,a high priest of God, because of your political ambition is a hight of all insult, you better ask for forgiveness because if he should utter a word on your head it will come to pass immediately,touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by ugolinze123(m): 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
Imo1stson:

APC is retaining Imo full time and no usu can cough.
keep dreaming bro it's a free world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.