Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,940 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Shape Of The Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shape Of The Earth (614 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shape Of The Earth by BisiLIFE: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
What shape is the earth and why do you think this? If you are religious - does your holy text make any claims on the shape of the earth or earth’s cosmology?

Pls
No abuse��
Just discussion

Me?
I say the earth is FLAT��
I don’t believe we live
On a spinning balll
Spinning on its axis at 1000mph at the equator
And hurtling through space at hundreds of hours ads of miles per hour��

Body of water is ALWAYS level on the surface! Always.
The horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level no matter how high you go.
We can’t detect ANY motion. None. Yet in Naija “scientists” claim we are spinning at 1000mph���
How do we travel east at 600mph for plane (flying Naija to Asia) when, according to “science” we are spinning in that direction faster than we can fly in jumbo jet?

How does water stay ON THE SURFACE of any 3D shape - by virtue of spinning?
Gravity�
Na magik!!!
How does the atmosphere sit next to the vacuum of space and not rush into the vacuum?

Can we replicate that with an expt? Or are we just going to believe NASA?

Last point abt NASA...
Apparently they sent man to moon (lie lie) 6 times in the 1960s and early 70s. Yet NOW, NASA claims they are UNABLE to travel past “Low earth orbit” which is only hundreds of miles away (the moon is alledgedly 240,000 miles away!!! They managed it back then but not now���?). NASA tok say that they LOST and DESTROYED that technology and can’t create it again.

Oboy
Which technology was BETTER in the 1970s compared to today?
Pls
Just name 1.

Just 1!!!

Ok..consider the DAYTIME moon. Is it a shadow of the earth we see or the sky BEHIND the moon or THROUGH the moon? Look at EVERY flag that has a moon on it. The moon - crescent moon - ALWAYS has the background colour through the moon.

Which solid opaque object acts like the DAYTIME moon in the sky? I think the moon is a light source - we KNOW that the sun is OPPOSITE the direction of the shadow. Always. But there are times during the day when we see the moon and sun BOTH in the sky and the “shadow” is in the wrong place IF it is caused by the sun�

#ResearchFlatEarth #TheEarthIsFlat

What does your pastor or imam teach?

What does the Bible or Qu’ran teach?

Again PLEASE
no abuse - let us just discuss as mature ppl

Re: Shape Of The Earth by Abbertee2: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
I'm on you back
Re: Shape Of The Earth by Emusan(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
BisiLIFE:
What shape is the earth and why do you think this? If you are religious - does your holy text make any claims on the shape of the earth or earth’s cosmology?

Pls
No abuse��
Just discussion

Me?
I don’t believe we live
On a spinning balll

We can’t detect ANY motion. None. Yet in Naija “scientists” claim we are spinning at 1000mph���
How do we travel east at 600mph for plane (flying Naija to Asia) when, according to “science” we are spinning in that direction faster than we can fly in jumbo jet?

Gravity�
Na magik!!!
How does the atmosphere sit next to the vacuum of space and not rush into the vacuum?

Last point abt NASA...
Apparently they sent man to moon (lie lie) 6 times in the 1960s and early 70s. Yet NOW, NASA claims they are UNABLE to travel past “Low earth orbit” which is only hundreds of miles away (the moon is alledgedly 240,000 miles away!!! They managed it back then but not now���?). NASA tok say that they LOST and DESTROYED that technology and can’t create it again.

Oboy
Pls
Just name 1.

Just 1!!!

Ok..consider the DAYTIME moon. Is it a shadow of the earth we see or the sky BEHIND the moon or THROUGH the moon? Look at EVERY flag that has a moon on it. The moon - crescent moon - ALWAYS has the background colour through the moon.

Which solid opaque object acts like the DAYTIME moon in the sky? I think the moon is a light source - we KNOW that the sun is OPPOSITE the direction of the shadow. Always. But there are times during the day when we see the moon and sun BOTH in the sky and the “shadow” is in the wrong place IF it is caused by the sun�

Again PLEASE

I'm a Bible believer and I'm not against nor support Spherical or Flat weather.

But one thing my instinct tells me is that Gravity is a hoax.

When Eric asked a flat earther "why they don't argue about Mars spherical"? and the flat earther replied "we know Mars is spherical" then I know Mars cant be spherical and earth flat.

About religious Books, well as a Christian many people have used some Bible passages to throw their support for a globe earth while some passages can also be used to support flat earth but the truth is, the shape of the earth has nothing to do with the plan of God establishing it to be inhabited for living things and His plan of salvation.

So thats why nothing concerns some Pastors or Imam about shape of earth.
Re: Shape Of The Earth by petra1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
I’ve seen many articles on the flat earth which makes some sense but the idea of giving the straight horizon flat of flat water surface etc are not convincing enough . The surface of a basket ball will still look flat in the eye of a small microorganism. So if the earth is spherical it will still look flat and the horizon will look straight because of its vastness
Re: Shape Of The Earth by Emusan(m): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
petra1:

I’ve seen many articles on the flat earth which makes some sense but the idea of giving the straight horizon flat of flat water surface etc are not convincing enough . The surface of a basket ball will still look flat in the eye of a small microorganism. So if the earth is spherical it will still look flat and the horizon will look straight because of its vastness

Not that I'm supporting flat earth but @bold statement of yours fails out of it.

There is a distance a structure at horizon supposed to vanish from eyes if earth is spherical.

So if kms of rail or road can be constructed without any curve on a globe earth then something is suspicious.
Re: Shape Of The Earth by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2018
BisiLIFE:

Pls
No abuse��
Just discussion

Me?
I don’t believe we live
On a spinning balll

Gravity�
Na magik!!!

Last point abt NASA...

Oboy
Pls
Just name 1.

Just 1!!!

Again PLEASE

Thanks for this.

Many people are scared to admit that the earth is flat even when they believe in it because they think people will say they are dumb.

I have always believed on a flat earth with a dome/firmament on it just like explained in the book of genesis.

The sun, the moon they are all under the firmament.

The Bible clearly stated that the earth does not move and its fix. But instead we are told the earth moves round the sun by NASA and co

You might also want to look at Psalms 104

I can provide you with up to 30 verses in the bible that support a stationary earth and not a moving spinning ball

Anyone who can send me any verse in the bible that explains a spherical earth, I will appreciate that.

One question I always ask myself is: are we going to believe science and trust technology OR are we going to trust God's word.

Thanks

Re: Shape Of The Earth by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
Emusan:

I'm a Bible believer and I'm not against nor support Spherical or Flat weather.

But one thing my instinct tells me is that Gravity is a hoax.

When Eric asked a flat earther "why they don't argue about Mars spherical"? and the flat earther replied "we know Mars is spherical" then I know Mars cant be spherical and earth flat.

About religious Books, well as a Christian many people have used some Bible passages to throw their support for a globe earth while some passages can also be used to support flat earth but the truth is, the shape of the earth has nothing to do with the plan of God establishing it to be inhabited for living things and His plan of salvation.

So thats why nothing concerns some Pastors or Imam about shape of earth.

Nice point there.

Please I will also like to know verse in the bible that support globe earth. Because I have alot of verses that support a stationary earth.

There is another reason why we have to be worried about the shape of the earth: this could be the biggest deception yet.

Do you know if everyone believes the earth is flat with a dome/firmament over it, the next question is who actually created the dome? Then people will begin to figure out that God actually exist and No one can leave the firmament. They will figure out how NASA has been lieing to us. This will make people believe in God more than ever before. People will begin to read the Bible. The devil doesn't want this.

With the globe earth, they want us to believe there is no water above the firmament, that it's just space then we could believe Alien exist. Alien actually exist or the fallen angels? They will come to the earth one day and they will make us accept them.

I think I will trust the bible as my history book than any history or science book.

If anybody has any verse in the bible that explains the spherical earth then I will be glad to know

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Who Told CNN secretly he Was A Atheist, Comes Out Publicly!!! / Personal Prayers. PMCH June 2018, MFM, Mountain Of Fire & Miracles Ministries / Do Muslims And Christians Worship The Same God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.