Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? (1288 Views)

Port Harcourt Mall Flood: Fixing A Car That Drove Through The Water / My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On / How To Drive 2019 G-class SUV Through The Water Explained By Mercedes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by apexquest(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pls house, I was in a very serious traffic when I noticed a kind of smoke coming out of my hood...
I had to manage it to a convenient place to park and check... when I finally parked, I checked and found out that my car was obviously overheating. I was surprised because the temp gauge was still at half mark. there was no single water in the radiator, in fact the plastic radiator top had already burst open on one side. I allowed it to cool then poured in water. The water was leaking out from side of radiator top and around water pump.. I manage to take the car to my mechanic.
Radiator top and water pump was changed. But I noticed water was still leaking around the water pump area... so I bought 'Abro Stop Leak'.. the leakage stopped.
the problem now is that the water seems to keep going down in the radiator, and my engine oil is now very light like water is missing with it..
I'm just confused. . .

Could it be that the water is finding its way into the oil
What do u advice I do, pls?
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by aieromon(m): 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Name of car?

Start saving for an engine replacement.
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by oluwaseunla(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
If oil is mixing with your radiator fluid, you probably burnt your head gasket.
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by apexquest(m): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
aieromon:
Name of car?
Start saving for an engine replacement.
Nissan primera, 1998, 2.0i.
engine replacement kwa, God abeg oo!!
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by apexquest(m): 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
oluwaseunla:
If oil is mixing with your radiator fluid, you probably burnt your head gasket.
its as if the coolant, is finding its way into the oil..
oil is now very light, like its diluted..

any solution to burnt head gasket??
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by oluwaseunla(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
apexquest:

its as if the coolant, is finding its way into the oil..
oil is now very light, like its diluted..

any solution to burnt head gasket??

Replace gasket.
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by mayor2013: 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Blown head gasket
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by 3kay945(m): 11:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
Am bit confuse here, can anyone enlighten me pls? Is it possible for the radiator water to be boiling when the temperature gauge stays at the middle

I thought it could be faulty temp gauge or the owner mis interpreted the gauge.
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by helpishere(m): 1:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Open the oil cover and check if there is oil mixture there? Is the car an auto drive?
Re: Pls HELP, Is The Water Missing With My Engine Oil?? by autologic: 5:03am On Mar 06, 2018
3kay945:
Am bit confuse here, can anyone enlighten me pls? Is it possible for the radiator water to be boiling when the temperature gauge stays at the middle

I thought it could be faulty temp gauge or the owner mis interpreted the gauge.
Yes is possible ,the design of temperature sensor is to react correspondingly to water temperature and its reaction to air only hot air might be flawed.
Just change the engine cos your engine is cheap.the cost that will do a standard gasket change is not too distant from change of engine .
Another thing: Don't use that stop leak stuff again

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2018 Morgan Plus 8 Vs. 2018 Toyota Corolla: Which Will You Collect? / Amazing 360° Video Shows Exactly What Google’s Waymo Driverless Car Actually See / Ending The War Between Automatic Transmission And Manual Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.